LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Exchange Quadro FX Go 1000 for ATI Radeon Mobility

ofelas

NO LONGER AVAILABLE

I've got a spare (new & unused) 128MB ATI Radeon Mobility Pro Turbo (M10) lying around. I use a similar card in my M60 (I put the original Quadro FX Go 700 into an 8600) & am very happy with the M10. The spare card is new, not refurbished, carries a 1 year warranty.

I'd like to swap my new (spare) M10 for a Quadro FX Go 1000 to see whether the FX 1000 is appreciably better than the FX Go 700, as I (unfortunately) need TWO certified cards for our CAD laptops.

If anyone's interested, let me know - overnighting the cards is a must, as none of the systems I own can be down for over a day. I'm absolutely NOT interested in selling the M10 or making money out of this - will only do a trade with someone who wants the gaming oriented M10 in their Precision M60 -I'll be keeping an M10 in my M60 as well

US & Canada preferred, as overnight costs are reasonable ($20 each for FedEx Overnight incl. insurance). I'll also consider anyone else's offer from Europe, Australasia etc.

I'll wait a week for anyone to reply, after which I'll bite the bullet & buy two FX Go 1000s from Dell.

Regards.

• 2 weeks later...

No idea yet...but should be able to post comparisions sometime this weekend/early next week as I have a couple Quadro FX Go1000s on their way :)

Ofelas,

Is there anything your machine hasn't got ?

You have a machine that most of us could only dream of (I could sell the house I suppose)

We look forward to some benchies with your new Quadros.

Pieter.

Pieter as you may remember I gave up using the Quadro 700 so i could get the performance benefits of the Radeon Mobility 9600...but after using your drivers the nv31GL was within 1% & 5% in 3DMark2001SE & 3DMark2003 respectively, and I found myself keeping the Quadro 700 in my M60 most of the time, as i was having too much fun experimenting with this board's suggestions...

Now that the FX Go1000s are on the FedEx truck, I do NOT see myself using the ATI 9600 Pro Turbo again...it will go back into the Inspiron 8600 it came from, and the M60 will get one NV36GL; the second NV36GL will go into the Latitude D800, and the original NV31GL will sit around for a while i guess.

Once again, THANKS to yourself, "dontknow" & "LSudlow" for bringing me back to the NVidia fold :)

:)

like i said, he changes cards like underpants.

Hygiene means a lot to me :)

Anyone need a 128MB Quadro FX Go700 (NV31GL)? Will fit 8500, 8600, D800 & M60.

Hygiene means a lot to me :)

Anyone need a 128MB Quadro FX Go700 (NV31GL)? Will fit 8500, 8600, D800 & M60.

I'm interested! Sent you a PM...

-Scott-

By the way folks, this (refurbished) card retails from Dell for $369.00 + shipping + 90 day warranty + 2 week turnaround...

I'll sell mine for $340.00 shipped the same day payment is made; it's a new system card with a 3 year warranty (I'll keep the one that I used for a couple weeks as a spare).

This would make the most sense to someone who specifically needs the Professional 3D/OpenGL/CAD capabilities of the Quadro series cards (nv31GL chipset); otherwise, the FX Go5650 is based on the same chipset (nv31) & is cheaper, and offers similar general purpose performance.

• 3 years later...
Guest kjmcdonald
By the way folks, this (refurbished) card retails from Dell for $369.00 + shipping + 90 day warranty + 2 week turnaround...

I'll sell mine for $340.00 shipped the same day payment is made; it's a new system card with a 3 year warranty (I'll keep the one that I used for a couple weeks as a spare).

This would make the most sense to someone who specifically needs the Professional 3D/OpenGL/CAD capabilities of the Quadro series cards (nv31GL chipset); otherwise, the FX Go5650 is based on the same chipset (nv31) & is cheaper, and offers similar general purpose performance.

I have a I8600 with 64MB FX5200 Go.

I've been looking to improve graphics memory (and speed) I do OPenGL programming myself, but also play games.

I recently ordered a 128MB FX5650 Go from Dell, but I ssuspect they may not even be able to find one to sell me, and it was $229.

After that, I've seen the Quadro FX 1000 Go on EBay, for as low as $169.

From what I've garthered, OpenGL and CAD performance should be better on the 1000 vs. the 5650. But I'm wondering about the game performance?

I know these chips (the 5650 and Quadro 700 anyway) are very similiar, and software can turn one nearly into the other. I also gather the 1000 is faster than the 700.

Does that mean the 1000 should be better than the 5650 at pretty much everything?

I know this is an old thread, Thanks inadvance for any info you can provide.

-Kyle