LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Pixel Shader

Guest Stranger

Guest Stranger

I currently have an Inspiron 8200 with a 64mb Geforce 440 go. All the newest games require pixel shaders so I was wondering if there was any cards that would provide this support that I could install? From what I've been reading this looks like a big 'no' which really sucks. I tried using 3d Analyze to emulate pixel shaders but it ends up making the game look crappy.

Yup, simply a no since it's more hardware related. Emulation would be really slow and I guess as you say bad.

I don't recall what the best card you can install in the 8200's.

Guest Guest

You could try ordering either the Radeon 9000 or the Quadro 4 700GO GL from Dell Spare parts. As long as you're ordering for the Inspiron 8200 they should have the perfect form factor. The Quadro is more powerful but a lot more expensive, I don't actually have one so I wouldn't know if it's actually worth it. I do know that the Radeon 9000 does have pixel shaders and is only $120.

Guest Korpowski

Hello

The Quadro4 is the best one you can get for the 8200. I bought it in Switzerland for 500 Sfr (about 320 Euro).

But you will perhapse have some problems to order it (for a good price). In Switzerland for example is only one store where you can buy it.

Important: If you want to buy this card: You should have a Ultra-Sharp Display from Sharp. Else it could make problems...

Guest nickelby

Unless you use powerstrip to actually rescale the resolution down to 1400x1050 again ;-). Same problem cause i only use a 1400x1050 resolution screen but after using powerstrip to force the new resolution of 1400x1050, i am one happy camper.