LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Toshiba owners with problems apply within

mobilenvidia

I've made a special INF with SoftEDIDs set ot zero. (52.16)

If you could try this out and see if it works.

Click here to download it : [ Link Removed ]

Report back either way, but don't forget to tell of what model etc.

Also say if it actually fixed the problem (ie normal INF doesn't work but this one does)

Pieter.

lerox,

if you have a spare moment, try the beta INF.

Wouldn't mind feedback on it.

Glad to have been of help.

Pieter.

Hi,

Thanks for your efforts getting these drivers to work. I have a Satellite 5105 S501. I was having a problem similar to one I note in an earlier post. I tried several different inf files including yours and theraphy's. My max screen resolution always came out at 1372x1050 instead of the 1400x1050 it was supposed to be. All resolutions had the display shifted about 1/2 inch to the left, leaving a dark vertical band at the right edge of the screen.

I thought I should let you know that your test inf with SoftEDIDs set to zero has fixed this problem for me.

Craig

Hi Pieter. I have tried your new Toshiba owners inf... works also this well but the result of the 3dmark is come down to 131 while that one that you have sended to me by email obtained 159!

Bye Lerox

Lerox, and Craig thanks for testing.

I'm not too worried about the performance for now, more important to have a working driver first.

Ahh I'll sleep easier tonight knowing this worked (so far)

I still need more testers to confirm, also don't forget specs of your laptop ,GPU, CPU, Processor, model etc (more is better)

Pieter.

Guest WifiGamer

I tried your new modded inf and got the same problem as before. I get a white screen when i should be getting the login screen. I wait for my hard drive to stop cacheing and then type in my password and login to windows and everything seems to run ok. However I do not have a login screen it is just a all white screen.

Specs:

Toshiba 5105-S607 Laptop

P4-M 1.7Ghz

512MB RAM

32MB Geforce4 440go

15" LCD Display (1600x1200x32)

80GB Hard Drive

DVD/CDRW Combo

Win XP Pro, SP1

DirectX 9.0b

Guest darippa

I get a white screen after iwindows boots up, where the login screen is supposed to be. then it goes back to normal at the desktop. this happened before too. When i switch to single display mode i get the white screen again. back to 45.33.

Toshiba Satellite 5005-S507

1.1GHZ P3

512MB

GeForce4 440 Go 32MB

WinXP Pro

Current Drivers: 45.33

Hi,

I have a Toshiba P25-487 (has a GFX 5200 Go) and have had no problems with the version 9.51 inf drivers for the 52.16. Everything reports back exactly as it should, ie it states that the AGP is currently running in 8X and DX9 games run smoothly. I just followed the instructions given on the website, installed the 52.16 drivers using the INF and it works well. Didn't have to change the SoftEDIDs either. Not sure if this is helpful, but I guess that some Toshibas do work with the drivers correctly.

Hi, I have tried it with my Satellite 5105-S720 (geforce 4 440 64mb xpsp1 home 512mb ram) and this inf has solved the issues with the desktop going beyond the actual display at 1600x1200. But the nvidia control panel still gives a catastrophic failure when I try do display it.

good job so far anyway!

Antonio

Using your inf still results in the problem below:

I have used the international setup file from nVidia. Replaced the original inf by the on of Teraphy. The driver installs correctly and I reboot the notebook. When I restart, I get a 800*600/4bit screen. I get this error message when I try to access the display settings:

"The currently chosen graphic driver cannot be used. It is written for an earlier Version of Windows and is not compatible with this version of windows.

The system has been started with a Standard-VGA-driver.

Contact your hardware distributor, to achieve new graphic drivers or choose one of the drivers offered by Microsoft."

(Originally it is German, so I had to translate it)

So the drivers still do not work on my system:

Toshiba Satellite 5200-801

Geforce4 460 GO

Any idea?

5x.xx are still in development. Pieter is still trying to get them to work, but I think it is a Nvidia programming problem.

So, Jorlin, Pichon20 and Antonio, if you guys want a stable and working driver for Toshiba, I'll recommend the 45.33.

Gialdy

Sat Pro 6100

5x.xx are still in development. Pieter is still trying to get them to work, but I think it is a Nvidia programming problem.

So, Jorlin, Pichon20 and Antonio, if you guys want a stable and working driver for Toshiba, I'll recommend the 45.33.

Gialdy

Sat Pro 6100

I'd like to use these drivers (4X.XX). But if I do so (with modified inf) I get an error message when trying to access the nvidia control panel though the display settings.

Any idea what's wrong here. Any idea why I cannot access the control panel without error message?

Guest karma.police

I installed drivers without problems, no black band, no white screen but the only bug/problem i've found is when I activate FSAA and load an OpenGL game my screen is black after the game is loaded, I can hear everything but black display. e.g. In counter-strike after the loading process is finished when I join to a server, black screen but I can buy, move, etc.

no problem with d3d/fsaa.

My config:

Toshiba Satellite 2415

P4 1.8GHz

512MB PC 2100

Screen 1024x768

GF4 420 go

WinXP SP1 every patch applied

Guest Turbobaja

After several problems, my only problem now is I cant get the 1400x1050 resolution, instead its 1372x1050. I've tried the different versions (4x.x to 5x.x) and still cant get 1400 resolution. I'm on 52.16 with the toshiba beta .inf. Any other suggestions?

Specs:

Toshiba 5105 S501

Geforce 440

Windows XP SP1

Any suggestions?

Right O guys,

I've updated my beta INF to version 9.9

See how you go now, I've hopefully sorted the Standby problem.

I've also channged the uninstall part of the INF, hopefully form now on all my tweaks will be removed when uninstalled.

Give it a go, same link as on page 1.

Pieter.

The link in the first thread links to the v9.9 INF.

I've just tried it at work.

Enjoy,

Pieter.

Guys,

What I'm going to do is to try and make a INF with special sections for Toshiba, HP for machines that won't work with my normal INF.

So place your original INF here : http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=84

Enjoy,

Pieter.

Hi, I have tried it with my Satellite 5105-S720 (geforce 4 440 64mb xpsp1 home 512mb ram) and this inf has solved the issues with the desktop going beyond the actual display at 1600x1200. But the nvidia control panel still gives a catastrophic failure when I try do display it.  

good job so far anyway!

Antonio

hi,

use 52.16 with 11.4 and use instructions from my post in here:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=31

®®®

• 5 weeks later...

Tonight I have tried 44.86, 45.91, and 53.03, from Pieter's site. The results are the following:

- 44.86 works, but when I right click on the desktop with DualView

enabled, the external monitor flickers

- 45.91 works in DualView mode but (in DualView mode) disables nview

and all the nice features like multiple Desktops, transparent windows,

etc. :) The monitor does not flicker when right clicking on the desktop,

though it does when clicking on the nvidia icon in the tray and its the

menu items

- 53.03 does not work in that there is still the black vertical band

on the right; I tried Teraphy's INF as well, same result.

Until a week ago I used 43.45, but I decided to upgrade because it

made the tray icons disappear every now and then, especially when

exiting standby mode, and showed generally not to be very stable in a

variety of other ways.

So far in your experience is there a pair driver/INF beyond 44.86

which works fully in my configuration (see signature)? I am not very concerned about not using 5x.xx, but the fact it 45.91 works partially worries me, since Pieter has received no complaints so far about it,

he wrote elsewhere in this forum

Thanks a lot.

P.S. installing 53.03 initially I got the same message

"The currently chosen graphic driver cannot be used. It is written for an earlier Version of Windows and is not compatible with this version of windows.  

The system has been started with a Standard-VGA-driver.  

Contact your hardware distributor, to achieve new graphic drivers or choose one of the drivers offered by Microsoft."  

(Originally it is German, so I had to translate it)  

So the drivers still do not work on my system:

Toshiba Satellite 5200-801

Geforce4 460 GO  

I am not 100% sure but I think I reinstalled using the setup program in the driver and only then the driver started (but with the black vertical band on the right)

I installed 45.33 from nVidia with Teraphy's INF for 45.24 and it does not show any of problems reported in my last but one post.

So, Jorlin, Pichon20 and Antonio, if you guys want a stable and working driver for Toshiba, I'll recommend the 45.33

I noticed however that WinDVD stopped working, but, since I haven't used it for long, it is hard to tell whether 45.33 is the cause.

Thanks to Gialdy for the hint.

Ste