LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Toshiba owners with problems apply within

mobilenvidia

Taken from the readme release notes of 45.33

Media Player Hangs Playing MPEG Files

On systems using the InterVideo WinDVD player (including ones that don?t

contain NVIDIA components), Media Player 6.4 halts if the slider is adjusted

while an MPEG clip is playing. The problem also occurs if Active Movie or the

Movie Player on the Windows 98 CD is used instead of Media Player 6.4.

There are two ways to work around this problem:

? Under Display Properties > Settings > Advanced? > Performance, set

Graphics Hardware acceleration to None.

? Uninstall the WinDVD player.

This is not an NVIDIA bug

Media Player 6.4 halts if the slider is adjusted  

while an MPEG clip is playing.

I would have thought that in Mediaplayer 7, 8 and 9 that the problem would have been fixed.

But who knows.

Pieter.

Media Player 6.4 halts if the slider is adjusted  

while an MPEG clip is playing.

I would have thought that in Mediaplayer 7, 8 and 9 that the problem would have been fixed.

But who knows.

Pieter.

I use Windows Media Player 7.01.00.3055 and it does not halt if the slider is adjusted (I'm assuming we are talking about the slider controlling time). It's just WinDVD that does not grab the screen. I will try to switch acceleration off and see if it helps.

Thanks a lot

Ste

Are you using the latest WinDVD? Doesn't hurt to ask since that solved another WinDVD problem once before. PowerDVD as well with the "enable hardware acceleration" being greyed out.

Oh well...I did not change anything and it started working after rebooting yesterday morning. (I had already done the needed reboots to start/conf DualView etc.). It's been working so far. It's WinDVD version 3.2 DXVA.

Thanks for your help.

Ste

• 3 weeks later...

Tenstrum,

The link is no longer available, as I have since added the beta settings to my INFs.

Pieter

In that case, I've tried it and I have the problem with having about 1/2" of blackness on the right side of my screen as well.

My laptop:

Toshiba Satellite 2415

P4 Mobile 2Ghz

Geforce 420 GO 16 MB

512 MB RAM

40 GB HD

Win XP Pro

Any luck finding the problem?

tenstrum@yahoo.com

Hey Pieter!

I downloaded INF ver. 11.67 directly from your site and did 'Update driver' from the hardware manager. It fixed the 'black bar and dual view problems' but something happens with the game Call of Duty. It gets to the main menu screen and starts 'flipping' like an old projector stuck on one frame. I tried reinstalling direct x 9.0b, but it still does it. Call of Duty was the reason I updated anway. Any idea of why it flips??? Before i did the update from 43.xx to 53.03, the game would just crash. now locks up my system with the flipping. Older games run fine. Any ideas??

Sorry to bother,

Tenstrum

My laptop:

Toshiba Satellite 2415

P4 Mobile 2Ghz

Geforce 420 GO 16 MB

512 MB RAM

40 GB HD

Win XP Pro

tenstrum@yahoo.com

Excuse my ignorance with games.

Is COD a Quake engined game, there seems to be problems with Quake engine and 5x.xx drivers.

If not it might just be another little quirk that 5x.xx has.

Have a look at the COD website for any update patches.

Pieter.

• 3 weeks later...

im posting this on many threads so that it spreads easily. sorry if this is bad :)

with my tosh 1415-s105 (gf4go420 16mb) 15v, i used to be able to do the softedid mod and have a perfect screen. however, i tried the 20.xx series inf and it no longer works. im using 53.04mce with softedid mod (and tried without) and it is a nogo. damned blackbar

oh well. im telling everyone whos asking why i have a dead area that "im trying to save battery life" :)