LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Overclocking question

Nutty_McShithead

Hi all, I have installed the 44.03 nvidia driver with the moded inf and i am pretty happy with the performance. I am overclocked to 200/450 ... and there is no temperature problems under heavy gameplay. My question is, does overclocking cause a temperature increase overall or is it just under heavy use. I have been doing different things to help cooling and I have noticed my CPU temp go down but i am worried that my GPU is idling around 57 degrees. Is this a problem?

PFC. McShithead..

.......out

Guest Korpowski

Hello

Yes, it cuase a temperature increase overall, but 57 degrees shouldn't be a problem. I have a Quadro4 700 (a little better 4200) I for gaming I'm running it at 210/480. During games my temperature goes sometimes up to 67 degrees - but I thing up to 72-75 degrees shouldn't be dangerous for the chip.

Hello

Yes, it cuase a temperature increase overall, but 57 degrees shouldn't be a problem. I have a Quadro4 700 (a little better 4200) I for gaming I'm running it at 210/480. During games my temperature goes sometimes up to 67 degrees - but I thing up to 72-75 degrees shouldn't be dangerous for the chip.

man if u think 75c hot my 5650 from dell hit when at full speed around >100c :)

has any one noticed that when u look at the clock settings from 3dmark03 that it has the cpu say its at 200 it reads it at 23mhz and the mem speed say it at 450mhz it only sees it up to 405mhz

I know, that the 23MHz is the clock from the generator (without the multiplicator of the chip)...

i c thanks for clearing that up

How high as anyone every oced a 4200 so far im upto 220/500 with a 10000 3dmark01 score with driver 44.03 /11.63inf

Guest Sephiroth

Hi,

I'm able to oc my 4200Go to 250/500 without any artifacts or heat problem, even under heavy games such Unreal TOURNAMENT 2004 (when i play, i play about 3 hours...)

I am not able to oc more, 'cause artifacts come at higher frequencies.

But i think the card can go higher, but only with a volt mod.

Sephiroth

Hi,

I'm able to oc my 4200Go to 250/500 without any artifacts or heat problem, even under heavy games such Unreal TOURNAMENT 2004 (when i play, i play about 3 hours...)

I am not able to oc more, 'cause artifacts come at higher frequencies.

But i think the card can go higher, but only with a volt mod.

Sephiroth

wow dude i tried that once i remember it perfectly my video card started going crazy lol what p4 speed do u have anyways, right now my card hit 75c when playing for about 3 hours. the max my card could go was 230 and it kinda started freezing during black hawk down

nitz

hey i tried 250 again today and it went ok up til the 3rd screen of 3dmark01 and then it started skipping and stopping so i lowered to 40 and found it stable there. i find it weird how 20 mhz could make such a differance in my card and now my 3dmark score is 10220 running at 240/500 with 4403 /11.53inf :)

also what bios revision are u using im using c1 the latest from dells site

Guest Sephiroth

yes, I'm using the C1 from dell.

Actually, i'm trying 44.87 drivers from dell, i found them quite good.

I'm looking for the best driver for ut2004 and colin mc rae 04...any idea?

Edited by dontknow

• 1 month later...
yes, I'm using the C1 from dell.

Actually, i'm trying 44.87 drivers from dell, i found them quite good.

I'm looking for the best driver for ut2004 and colin mc rae 04...any idea?

:)

i just use 44.03 for ut and i play with everything on high, i think ut 04 uses dx 8.

if u fiind a better driver for it spread the word

niTz :)

Guest enigmacolossus

Geforce Fx 5200 Go, OC at 250/500. No problems what so ever. I am a heavy gamer and I play unreal 2004(with dx9 beta renderer) for like 3 hours and i have no graphic issues. Using 56.72 with Pieter's inf.