LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce4 440 go 32MB + DirectX 9 ?

Guest MAD

Hello everybody...

I got Satellite 5105-s501 with GeForce4 440 Go 32MB

everything works great without any tweaks or anything else.

but

I've tried to play the game and got an error message:

"DirectX 9 is not supported by your video card driver. Please update drivers. Your drivers are not up to date." :)

Does anybody know what to do?

First of all you might not be able to run that game on your graphics card, It would be nice to know the system requirements of it, also your really do need to install Dirext 9.0b if you havn't already. Last but not least, you probably need to download one of the more recent Forceware drivers to get that game to work at all. You should get one with Peiters mod INF. It would also help if you posted more of your system specs.

Edit: Update, I looked at the games system requirements and it does look like it should run on GF2, GF3, GF4 (both MX and Ti), and GF FX so it should run on your card provided you have recent drivers and Direct X 9 installed.

http://store.ubi.com/item.jsp?item=0088886...0&promo=bgesite

That is the website with system requirements.^^

2nd Edit:

System Requirements:

Operating System: Windows® 98SE/ME/2000/XP (only)

Processor: 700 MHz Pentium® III, Celeron®, or AMD Athlon? (1 GHz recommended)

RAM: 64 MB minimum, 128 MB recommended (256 MB recommended for XP)

Video Card: DirectX® 9-compatible 32 MB video card; specific cards supported:

ATI® Radeon? 9700 and Pro

ATI Radeon 9000 and Pro

GeForce? 4 Ti 4600/Ti 4400/MX 460/MX 440

GeForce3 and Ti500

GeForce2 GTS/MX400/MX

Sound Card: DirectX 9-compatible sound card

DirectX Version: DirectX 9 (included on disc)

CD-ROM: 4x CD-ROM or faster (not recommended for use with CD-RWs)

• 2 weeks later...
First of all you might not be able to run that game on your graphics card, It would be nice to know the system requirements of it, also your really do need to install Dirext 9.0b if you havn't already. Last but not least, you probably need to download one of the more recent Forceware drivers to get that game to work at all. You should get one with Peiters mod INF. It would also help if you posted more of your system specs.

Edit: Update, I looked at the games system requirements and it does look like it should run on GF2, GF3, GF4 (both MX and Ti), and GF FX so it should run on your card provided you have recent drivers and Direct X 9 installed.

http://store.ubi.com/item.jsp?item=0088886...0&promo=bgesite

That is the website with system requirements.^^

2nd Edit:

System Requirements:

Operating System: Windows® 98SE/ME/2000/XP (only)

Processor: 700 MHz Pentium® III, Celeron®, or AMD Athlon? (1 GHz recommended)

RAM: 64 MB minimum, 128 MB recommended (256 MB recommended for XP)

Video Card: DirectX® 9-compatible 32 MB video card; specific cards supported:

ATI® Radeon? 9700 and Pro

ATI Radeon 9000 and Pro

GeForce? 4 Ti 4600/Ti 4400/MX 460/MX 440

GeForce3 and Ti500

GeForce2 GTS/MX400/MX

Sound Card: DirectX 9-compatible sound card

DirectX Version: DirectX 9 (included on disc)

CD-ROM: 4x CD-ROM or faster (not recommended for use with CD-RWs)

Thank you for advice!

I got and installed 61.40 drivers and 30.14 i allready got DirectX 9

so now game is working,

but i got the black bar to the right... :)

i can't find any info about testing of latest drivers (60 and higher) from Toshiba users to understand wich is correct (no black bar)

I got:

Toshiba Satellite 5105 - S501

p4 -1,7 512mb GForce4 440Go 32mb

1400x1050 (now only 1372x1050)

Since you have the black bar you should look in this topic:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=202

Since I'm not a Toshiba user with this problem I wouldnt know much about it except that it is a EDID issue or something. For help ask in that topic.

It is a long topic so look toward the last page for info about recent drivers and the black bar.

• 1 year later...

This game is relatively old, so I hope someone see's/replies to this...

I'm running a Dell Latitude C840, 1.8GHz, 256MB DDR, NVidia GeForce4 440 Go 64 MB, DirectX 9.0c - latest drivers for everything (as of 10-14-05). Windows XP pro SP2.

Istalled the game, Beyond Good and Evil, but the visuals are terrible - so bad that the game is unplayable. It's difficult to describe, but I'll do my best.

Cinematics/cutscenes seem to be alright, but actual game play has clipping planes everywhere. I mean everywhere. To the point where enemies turn into nothing more than dismemberd hands and a head, I can actually "see" the PoV camera of the main character positioned above and a little behind her. The icons in the upper left corner of the screen are not visible, the only exceptions being momentary flashes. I mean, it really looks terrible.

Game settings: visually speaking, I tried it with the recommended specs first, and everything looked as described above. I tried it again, this time turning all video options "off" or down to the lowest setting allowable, and I still had this problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Geoff

What graphics drivers are you using?

Dells latest are really old. The 67.50 driver with Pieter's mod INF worked really well for me back before I upgraded to this Quadro card.

The driver and INF link in my sig (77.77) should also work just fine with the game, although the TV output might not work correctly, atleast not with fullscreen video playback. (powermizer will also probably be broken)

Check out the FAQ section on how to install the drivers using the device manager.

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?s=65

The 67.50 driver and INF can be found in the above link.

If there is a demo of the game I might check it out on my Quadro4 or GF3 desktop, one of my friends has an I8200 that still has a GF440 go too.

Edited by Bill

Thaniks for the reply.

Well, the "latest driver" I thought I was running was 66.93, and I got that from www.omegadrivers.net - but going to the website you provided and upgrading to 67.50 seems to have done the trick.

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

No problem, I'm here to help people, and to get some help for myself sometimes too.

I used that driver (67.50) for 6 months straight when I had the GF440 go and it worked great, especially with the custom INF I made.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=8008 (check it out in that thread if you want, it might fix some problems with the extra tweaks present)

If your current driver install works fine, and you don't care about using an analog monitor and TV at once, or care about clone mode staying on when you restart, then you don't need to re-install your driver.