LaptopVideo2Go Forums

FX Go5700 Benchmark Results Part IV

Guest mobile risk

Guest mobile risk

Added 256 Megs of Kingston RAM to my tiny little Go5700 and guess what....?

Performance raised! Took the original RAM away and replaced it (please don't ask how my friend did it, because my nerves went down when I saw him taking my Go5700 into a bunch of pieces!) with faster RAM.

3DMark01: 14296

3DMark03: 5073

Still runnin' the 60.72. Had no time for testing the new ones. But in time I'll check them, too! :)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZZTOP77

• ®®®

• mobilenvidia

• sizmik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmm... How much would your friend charge to up the RAM on a FX Go5200?

Those scores are pretty impressive.

You took a big risk with your mobile (hehe)

Scores will be added.

Your friend could probably end up with a job doing this, as I 'd say quite a few speed freaks will want this done.

Get your friend to do a write up of how he did it, with some piccies this could lead to some fame.

Would be nice to place this on Warp2search, he'll be set for life.

Excelent,

Pieter.

Guest mobile risk

I told him to take some pics, so I could post em' here to show you guys the mess he had constructed. But he said he had enough to do to get things working (he blew two modules of RAM anyway!!!!! :P ).

I don't think he's gonna post an instruction, as he didn't told me a bit of what he was doing. Just asked me, if it"s ok to blow my Go5700 off and that I should buy another one, just in case...... :)

But I'll work on it, to get some information out of his freaky-technical-master-brain! :)

We don't need instructions as this is best left to experts.

Piccies and some words to go with it.

Then I'll write to Warp2search and link them to this thread.

This is good stuff to bragg about, world first experiments that work and make a big difference.

Pieter.

We don't need instructions as this is best left to experts.

Piccies and some words to go with it.

Then I'll write to Warp2search and link them to this thread.

This is good stuff to bragg about, world first experiments that work and make a big difference.

Pieter.

We DO need instructions if he can get them. I wanna know how he did it.

This guy could get famous.

*Wonders how much he charges for this*

I'd dare say this would require surface mount un/soldering skills of a minute kind.

Those pins are awfully close together, there are special tools you can get, but not everybody will have one in their toolbox.

But still we would like some words, this could be the start of something big.

I would like 256MB soldered onto my GF2go :)

Pieter.

Yes ...I'd even settle for 128MB on my FX Go 5200. Someone willing to give this a try could make a lot of money.

Goto link in SIG then 'perfomance', all the compares you could hope for.

Pieter.

Guest xxipxx

Performance raised! Took the original RAM away and replaced it (please don't ask how my friend did it, because my nerves went down when I saw him taking my Go5700 into a bunch of pieces!) with faster RAM.

3DMark03:   5073

Still runnin' the 60.72. Had no time for testing the new ones. But in time I'll check them, too! :)

what model Kingston ram did you use, what speed SMT chips, or series and did you jump the VCC in on the ram, as those chips have different VCC input on different pins... what filtering caps did you replce or modify,, as when you incrase the ram speed the filtering would be different.... and what BIOS did you use to see the extra memory,,

as an engineer for 30 years, this would be no easy task,,,

so you trying to tell me that you score higher then a FX5700 ULTRA in a full system, considering the hightest score on 3dmark for a full system with an FX5700/ultra is only 5100...

so post a compare link, bet you dont have one,,,

my BS meter is climbing....

Do we have a doubter ?

Guest mobile risk

"what model Kingston ram did you use, what speed SMT chips, or series and did you jump the VCC in on the ram, as those chips have different VCC input on different pins... what filtering caps did you replce or modify,, as when you incrase the ram speed the filtering would be different.... and what BIOS did you use to see the extra memory,, "

As I said, I'm not the engineer and I'm not very into all that hardware stuff. That's what I got friends for...... Anyway, to get all the information you're asking for will take awhile. But I know this guy for along time now and I can remember him building a 128 mb Voodoo Card back in the late 90's that worked a good time long. So, he's in that business for a long time now and he's one of their huge masterminds down at Kingston and responsible for a lot of changes concerning the little modules.

One thing I can tell you right away: He used and modified the latest BIOS for an Aurora System to get the system started.

And why should I have a compare link? Isn't one forum enough at all? I never posted anything on futuremark etc. So, anyone who's interested should come to this forum!

Good for you Mobile_risk, I'm behind you.

It's people like your friend that can shake up the computer world.

Why is mobile RAM so slow ?

Is the Mobile RAM the biggest bottle neck, add desktop RAM to a Mobile GPU and the GPU will perform like a desktop ? (you scores might prove this)

Why shouldn't the go5700 recognise 256MB the 5200 does, a previous generation GPU.

Could nVidia/OEM add fast RAM for fast machines ? it would make a great marketing strategy, paying a premium for top speed.

Leave the ultra portables with slow low powered RAM.

The discussions have begun in ernest, one thing with out with put risk takers where would we be ?

You enjoy your desktop performance.

Pieter.

Guest mobile risk

I'm glad that you're with me, Pieter. :)

But I would never had gone that far, if I hadn't found this forum. You and your magnificent work kept me goin' to the outer limits of mobile computing. And by the way, the system isn't runnin' that stable while the 256 RAM mod is inserted. I tried a few forceware drivers and even the old ones like 4x.xx, but after 2 hours the systems is complaining about major problems with the resolution and from time to time I see that sweet blue and white LCD saying: All applications are closed and the system is being turned-off! I hadn't this one for a while now. So, it's the beginning of something good to come but it takes time to get there. We (or in this case I) have to be patient for the things yet to come.

I just checked back with my friend and he told me that the Go5700 had recognized the RAM all by itself but he wanted to be on the safer side of life and modified the System BIOS as well as the Video BIOS. If I only had a clue what he was doin' those days, I would probably quit my job and go back to university for a technical kind of studying...... :)

• 5 months later...

3DMark03:  5073

Still runnin' the 60.72. Had no time for testing the new ones. But in time I'll check them, too! :P

Impressive :)

" Only " 3286 with 3Dmark03 with my 128Mo go5700 ( O/C 300=>315 / 600=>615 & running the 70.41 ) :(

Wish i had 256Mo Ram :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just waste last 24 h on my lappy just trying find some good GPU drivers.

& i must say, the factory one are got best benchmarks.

With each drivers , what was accepted my lappy , i try bechmark without o'c, with default o'c & with max o'c , each of them with performace & high performace settings. The performace got better score then high performace.

The omega drivers 61.77 got 90 marks less then the stock 53.51 !!!

I did try almost every driver from here & i do not find better one then that stock 53.51

Any idea ?

PCMark04 4457

3DMark03 3765

3DMark2001 SE 13166

o'c a bit over 400/700

post-5-11030748200_thumb.jpg

ZZTOP77,

Now there is a good'ol band, they still going ?

Performance, you'll find the the best performance for 3Dmark 2k1 is with the 40's (44.03)

3Dmark 2k3 with the 50's

3DMark 2k5 will be be with the 60's maybe 70's hard to tell so far.

Remember the newer drivers will do better with DX9 based Apps.

Heh Mobilenvidia

is going :( :) :(

More than some benchtests i looking for same drivers whitch gonna handle games like : Doom 3 , Far Cry , COD , Vietcong ,..... with no problems & no extreme o'c & GPU temp.

The problem is just every 5-th driver is accepted by my GPU :P :P

What work was 53.51 , 56.63 , 61.12 & omega 61.77

@ll others do not work on my system :)

warning: offtopic though interesting for me

metalhead, i attached a btach file, because i want to know how HT cpus are readable for further batch processing,bla

Can you run the attached batch (no harm) and post the results? It's easy...

thanks , that will help a bit, as don't have a HT cpu lying around herer :)

cpu.bat

:P A test rabbbit ? :)

CPU Name: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz

Manufacturer: GenuineIntel

Number of CPUs: 0

CurrentClockSpeed: 2992

MaxClockSpeed: 2992

FSB:

L2CacheSize: 0

L2CacheSpeed:

this will be better :) :(

post-5-11030808640_thumb.jpg

SURE! i just saw that you have HT, i could have ask anybody else, but you were the first one i spotted and the idea just came to mind, because it was buggin for a long time if HT CPUs are recognizes as 2 in the registry or WMIC.

They ARE in the device manager, thats what i know for sure.

Number of CPUs: 0

HUH ?? :( :)

:(

:) :P

Hm? :P Thats strange.

DANKE!!

:)

No problem Man.

Just if you find any good driver , what i can use , just let me know.

Realy appreciate :)