LaptopVideo2Go Forums

What is the difference?

Guest Nanook

Guest Nanook

Ok, so I know of to great places to DL drivers for mobile graphic cards, here and the Guru of 3D. But, there is one thing I don't get! If I have understood this correct, this is how it is:

On this site, you DL the original drivers + the modded INFs (made by this site)

On 3D Guru, you only DL one file, which appears to be the original files, but there are no modded INFs on that site. So, either the original INF has already been exchanged with the modded one, or they do not have any modds, and thus you have to DL them here.

What is the answer??

/Thx!

You can download the drivers from either site. (Other sites too, for that matter.) We just have them here for convenience. Regardless of where you get the drivers, you'll need the INFs from here to get them to work.

Guest Gialdy

You will need the inf here to get to to work in a laptop. The drivers will work without any modification on a desktop computer.

Why?

Nvidia makes drivers to work on all the desktop product. They expect that laptop companies to make them work on their laptop(integrate). Laptop companies don't care about upgrading from 23.XX to 61.XX, thus giving their custumers a better product.

So we take the drivers from nvidia and change the installation files to allow them to work on laptop computers. We modify the inf using the same modifications that the laptop company used.

We also tweak the installation to present all the features that the nvidia drivers have. We continue to improve and fix issue that the drivers might have with every laptop.

Gialdy hit the nail on the head.

I could also add my INFs to the driver, but frequent changes are made to add more tweaks/GPU's, this way it saves time to download just the INF over, instead of the entire driver.

It also means that the original INF is included with the driver for those that a too squeemish to try modded ones.(90% desktop only)

Guru3D's files WON'T work with laptops, he only gets the files chucks in a couple of advertising files compresses it (ours are smaller), then hosts.

They only host Desktop drivers, won't touch Laptop drivers, Hilbert has not read the market reports that Laptops have the only sales growth in all of computerdom.

We over here as of the 30's now support ALL the laptop and desktop GPU's.

I don't think anyother site can boast this.

Pieter

Guest dontknow
Guru3D's files WON'T work with laptops, he only gets the files chucks in a couple of advertising files compresses it (ours are smaller), then hosts.
:)
...Hilbert has not read the market reports that Laptops have the only sales growth in all of computerdom.
:)
We over here as of the 30's now support ALL the laptop and desktop GPU's.

I don't think anyother site can boast this.

:P

dontknow