LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Fix for Toshiba Users with Black Bar

Teraphy

I've been trying out some of the 6x.xx series and I've had some issues. It seems that the longer I leave my laptop in standby, the more likely it is that it will not come out. Also I've noticed a serious frame rate drop in UT2K4. I'm rolling back to the 52.16 w/11.65 inf for now. I'm pretty happy with that combo. No issues. I don't really play games on my laptop any more. Too busy!

Thanks to everyone.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Teraphy

• ®®®

• Craig Corp

• ministeve

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just found this site and have only one complaint - WHY DIDN'T I FIND IT SOONER. BIG thanks to thos who set it up and post the drivers and modified infs. I'm using a toshiba satellite 2410 with geforce 4 420 go and just downloaded and used the 65.73 drivers which work just fine. Thanks to all who have worked on this site. U have just given my laptop gaming world a new lease of life. Bloody Toshiba techies saying that they won't publish updated drivers, "As the ones we have already published work well with the software bundled wiht the laptop"!!! U guys rock!!!

• 3 weeks later...

We never attempted a modified BIOS because we wanted a simple way for users to update. Updating the BIOS could cause problems. As well as no one wished to attempt it. Also, NVIDIA might be upset with a modified BIOS.

hello im new to the group but i am having problems with my sons toshiba laptop .

it has the nvidia mx 440 go card.im gonna have a try and fix it with what has been posted on the group but may need to come back and get sum help!

thank heaven for this group or i would be stuck completely.

regards dave kirkbride

• 3 weeks later...

I don't really understand what I should do exactly to fix the black bar and resolution problem.

I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro 2100 and installed the 44.03 drivers. But now I can't get my resolution higher than 800*600 and I have a black bar (around 1 cm.) on the right side of my screen.

What do I need to do to fix it? Don't understand it really :)

Goto Teraphy's BlackBar page http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/enhancer

Choose your display size and driver version , set MapOSD3 to 2 and download the INF. Not to mention that you need to download the driver seperately.

Yes, Teraphy's fixer will spit out an INF.

Grab this INF and replace orignal INF in the driver (or my INF)

Then reinstall, and you should have a working driver.

Guest truSteh

Alright I did all that. Installed the driver, everything looked fine (though it didn't ask for a reboot or something) But I decided to reboot anyway, now I still have the black bar on the right and a max resolution of 800*600.. ###### :) What should I do ?

can you post a DXDiagnose (START | RUN | DXDIAG | save information as... ) txt file? Try uninstalling old drivr first with help of Control Panel.

Is there a BlackBar now?

You uninstalled v43.03 and now your original shipped Laptop driver is installed? And you ran DXDiag with that driver installed?

It says you currently have a resolution of 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz) with a WHQL'd driver v45.91. So i assume you run the shipped OEM driver for your Laptop.

Have you ever used a version 6x.xx driver with the Teraphy's BlackBar Fix?

Did you use a driver cleaner for uninstallation?

Registry: look and delete here when in doubt that uninstallation was not succesfull:

- HKLM/SYSTEM/C/CCS/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000\Settings

- HKLM/SYSTEM/C/CS001 and HKLM/SYSTEM/C/CS002

- HKLM/SYSTEM/C/CCS/SERVICES/NV (and aslo both ControlSets 001 & 002)

- HKLM/SOFTWARE/NVIDIA CORPORATION and to be complete HKCU/SOFTWARE/NVIDIA CORPORATION

Guest truSteh

Hmm yeah I noticed to, it runs now with driver 45.91, don't know where that one came from :) The resolution is 1024x768 (32 bit) (60Hz) yes. I tried a 6x.xx version yes, downloaded from the nVidia site, but I figured out that one doesn't work for the Go cards. Never used a Driver Cleaner no.

I'll look for those keys.

Forgot to say, there is no black bar right now.

I wonder if you updated your driver correct?!

You wrotew that you downloaded a 6x.xx driver from nVIDIA site but it didn't work for Go cards. I assume that you forgot to replace the original INF file that came with the driver from nVIDIA with the one you downloaded from Teraphy's BlackBar Fix page.

I guess the 45.91 driver is the preinstalled one from Toshiba.

What i can suggest is

and read the "Have disk method" http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=33

There is hope truSteh!

Guest truSteh
I wonder if you updated your driver correct?!

You wrotew that you downloaded a 6x.xx driver from nVIDIA site but it didn't work for Go cards. I assume that you forgot to replace the original INF file that came with the driver from nVIDIA with the one you downloaded from Teraphy's BlackBar Fix page.

Just after the reinstall of Windows, I didn't even know Teraphy's BlackBar Fix existed :) I just downloaded the drivers, and it didn't work. I got the black bar and low resolution, but didn't know what it was, so I deleted the drivers.
I guess the 45.91 driver is the preinstalled one from Toshiba.

That's possible yes, but I doubt. The laptop is 2 years old, and on their website you can only download 28.46 so I doubt they have pre installed 45.91 two years ago :(

What i can suggest is

and read the "Have disk method" http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=33

I'll read :P

There is hope truSteh!

I hope :)

Guest truSteh

Well, we made some progress :) I read in "have disk method" tutorial that it was possible to convert a desktop driver to a mobile driver just by replacing the .inf. So I did that, i downloaded 61.77 from the nVidia site and downloaded the modded INF from the mainpage here.

Now 61.77 is installed, the resolution of my desktop is even 1024*768 so that's progress :)

But good news comes always with bad news, I still have the big black bar on the right side of my screen.. ###### :P

Maybe you have a display/configuration that was missed.

Can you run the attached batch file and post the output file "edid_display.txt"

I'll check it when I get a chance. Thanks.

Thanks. At a quick glance things are different. I'll look it over more later on.

Alright, looking closer the information is different however it is irrelevant. All of your main data is similar and the differences are minimal.

All of the information needed for the registry key is there and should apply thus you shouldn't have a problem.

Guest Mattlab

I need major help. I have the 61.77 drivers from the nvidia site for my Geforec4 440 Go card. I tried your ini but its not working. I still have a black bar! Help me please! I have a toshiba satellite 5105-S501.

What do I need to do to get rid of the bar?!!

Could you attach the INF you used as well as your screen size and the graphic cards BIOS version, please.

BIOS version can be obtained from the NVIDIA control panel.