LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Fix for Toshiba Users with Black Bar

Teraphy

You rock. I had called Toshiba tech support just before finding this thread. They had no idea what I was talking about. Go Figure. This cured my problem with old outdated 28something drivers Toshiba forced people to use.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Teraphy

• ®®®

• Craig Corp

• ministeve

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can imagine that the Tech Support (of any Laptop company) has no idea about this very special problem, although it's now very old (NOV2003: a german first noticed it and asked for support here) and *maybe* should be publically known. It's more NVs fault, that they changed driver internals beginning with some 5X.XXs drivers, which leads to the faulty recognition of LCD size (wrong EDID readout).

What's interesting about some tech support at companies is that they have redirected people to our site for assistance. Not necessarily on this matter but in general :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest spaniard

hi, I have a Toshiba Satellite 5105-S701 and a 64MB NVIDIA Geforce4 440 Go. I'm attempting to run the 78.05 drivers with the corresponding inf I found here: http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?s=75

is the problem an issue where there is a vertical black bar along the right side of the screen? if so, I may have this same problem and have been wondering if I can fix it. my screens native resolution is 1600x1200, but on anything other than toshiba's 28.46 drivers I can only run a max resolution of 1588x1200

so I'm a major noob with this stuff...is this the same problem? and how can I fix it?

also, what is this http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/enhancer and how do I use it? it looks pretty straight forward, do I just select the options I want, download the inf, paste it into the corresponding driver temp file, then install the driver? seems a little TOO easy...but I'm not sure what some of those features do, or what I should select for them

btw not sure if this is necessary, but my nvidia driver bios is 4.17.00.41.C5

Guest spaniard

omg! it IS that easy! fixed everything! I've been driving myself nuts for a couple days now trying to figure out what was wrong! I haven't updated my drivers in a long time, but I recently got AoE3 and it suggested I update...anyway, I've been trying tons of drivers to see if one will work right. I had that black bar issue and for some reason AoE3 wouldn't run anymore, but now everything works! awesome, thanks a lot guys for everything. I'm about to go recommend you guys to another forum I've been frequenting recently! thanks a lot

Yes, it's that easy :) Glad to hear you got it fixed. Have fun with AOE3!

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed. Sorry about that. I shouldn't be allowed to touch this website anymore with all of the errors I introduce during the upgrade :)

Guest mrgreaper

thank you for fixing that so fast maybe you can help me with a further proplem,

i have a toshiba satalite pro 6100 with the 420 go geforce card but if i try to install drivers through setup it blue screens and if i follow ur sites instructions then staraight after have disc and selecting 420 go when i click next it says ;

there was a problem installing this hardware

nvidia geforce 4 420 go

an error occurred during the installation of this device

the required section was not found in the INF

thats wih a inf created from the enhance page and the modded inf for 80.40 81.40 and 81.87

any ideas what may be wrong?

If you are running an OS greater than 9x can you run NERD and attach the file or just post the device id of your card? Everything looks fine the only thing I can imagine is if that exact card isn't in Pieter's modifications.

• 2 weeks later...

my turn my turn

I have an s702 with 440go 32mb ram, drivers from site and vbois mentoined on left panel. Can someone help me upgrade to the lastest available please :)

thanks.

Guest Nibelheim

Hi,

actually I have BIOS 4.17.00.41.C7 and I have a big black vertical bar on the left of my screen :'(

I tried all your fixes but it didn't worked. I'm really sick of this and I wanted to know if someone can explain me how to get and install the good BIOS (4.17.00.59.F9).

I'm gonna mad of this, please help :'(

Guest Nibelheim

So, how lucky I am...

I finally do it, what I done:

- [Download a] nvidia driver 71.89 (download it HERE)

- Extract the content of the driver into an empty directory

- Replace the nv4_disp.inf by your stuff (thanks guys :) ), get it below.

- Launch the setup

And it worked, thank you :)

I'm on a Toshiba Satellite 1410-802

edited "Install nvidia driver" to "download a ..."

nv4_disp.inf

yeah, sorry. Been a crazy week. Fixed the enhancer page last night so if the black bar creeps up, then use the page in the signature to create a fix. Then follow the steps by Nibelheim.

Glad it worked :)

I'm still lost, can someone explain the whole thing from scratch for me please :) My specs are in my profile.

please :)

I'm working on a how-to for you trickster. I'll post it asap.

Guest Mr Twitch

Thanks to Teraphy for the black bar fixes download.

I have a Toshiba Dynabook T6/518 CDE from Japan and had the black bar issue with every driver I downloaded.

I simply updated the driver through device manager using those files from Teraphy and it now displays fine at 1024 x 768 with no black bar!!

Woah, lol, all for moi ? hah

I have to get to it in the weekend, totally out of time :)

Guest Prion....

Thank you for all.... :P

Finally :)

It can work (nV61.76)on my Toshiba 2140(Gforce4 420go 32M)

No black Bar and No blue screen(WinXp Problem)...

sorry for my bad English. :)

Guest EkyThump

Black Bar gone from my Toshiba Satellite Pro 2100 (420Go 16M v4.17.00.41.C7 1024 x 768 ). Thanks to everyone.

I tried various versions which didnt work eg(81.95, 71.89, 44.03, 61.76)

66.81 works perfick

Ekythump, that brings back memories of kungfu with black puddings :)

• 1 month later...
So, how lucky I am...

I finally do it, what I done:

- [Download a] nvidia driver 71.89 (download it HERE)

- Extract the content of the driver into an empty directory

- Replace the nv4_disp.inf by your stuff (thanks guys :) ), get it below.

- Launch the setup

And it worked, thank you :)

I'm on a Toshiba Satellite 1410-802

edited "Install nvidia driver" to "download a ..."

Toshiba Satillite 2415-S205. 420go 16m, the above worked fine for me.