LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problems with 61.77 Infs

Guest Eraser

Guest Eraser

Hi,

I have Problems with the 30.20 Inf of the 61.77 Driver.

First i had the Problems with the reg "disableApllyColoursAtStartup", this was set 0 an after booting my Display was mostly black (sometimes Windows startet without Problems) and I wasnt able to get in Windows... <_<

So I have fixed this Problem by set "1" but now I have this Problem when im booting in Battery Mode! Its only possible to get in Secure Mode of Windows!

How can i fix this problem?

Sorry, my english is not very well, because I'm from Austria, but I hope you can understand my Problem :)

Greetz from Austria :)

Guest Eraser

Only open nv4_disp.inf and search (in microsoft editor: edit -> search) for disable...

The first finding will be disableApplyColoursAtStartup and then change the reg into 1 and so I havent got this porblem again in normal mode, but in battery mode its allready the same...

Did this problem only start with 61.77 ?

Pieter

Guest Matias

Pieter, I'm having this problem with every driver newer than 61.45.... get that annoying black screen before loading the logon screen.... Eraser unfortunately changing those settings didn't help me to solve the black screen problem... thanks guys

Guest Eraser
Did this problem only start with 61.77 ?

Pieter

I had this Problems with the 61.76 and 61.77 drivers, but i installed the driver without pieters .inf, but the problem is allready the same.

Could it be that the directx 9.0c support may cause the problem? Or is it the directx.cpl (for Control Panel, I installed this file and have many problems, since this time) a Problem for the driver?

Where do i get the old Version of this file?

It won't be the DiretX.cpl file as this is only used when you goto Control panel.

There is no old version of this file, just remove it from /windows/system32 drirectory and it's gone.

It could be DX9c causing the problem, is there anybody who tried these later drivers (61.76 or 7) and the driver worked then installed DX9c and they didn't ?

There could be another bug with the drivers (or DX).

Pieter.

Guest Eraser

I allready have the black screen problem with the new 30.23 inf...

Maybe DirectX 9.0c causes this Problem, so i hope you can fix this problem! :)

Is it possible to reinstall version 9.0b?

mfg

No.

It's stated during the installation that an uninstallation is NOT intended.

Guest Matias

I heard that at the 11th works!hahahaha.... dude I have the same frustrating problem!!.... but it seems that u just will have to use the one that worked for you before... would be nice if somebody could help us out....

Have ago with v30.25, I 've made a big change (no more forced TV/CRT out).

There is small chanve that this was the cause, but not likely.

You only have to install it once to try, if it doesn't work then either the driver or DX9c or some other software related problem is to blame.

Good luck,

Pieter.

Guest Eraser

I will try the new .inf in a few minutes, but could there be a problem with SP2-RC2?

I saw that pieter have also the new .inf with the D9c, and it seems that everything runs without problems... <_<

Or could there be a problem when i use the offical driver from the nvidia page with 23 Mb?

Guest Eraser

U wont believe it...

Now I'm writing this post with the 61.77 forceware, and I'm very proud of it :)

Now i used the driver from your page and not from the nvidia page and the 30.25 .inf...

I hope this problem wont comeback at the next reboot <_<

Good work pieter :)

Glad it works for you, I've updated the INFs from 61.21+ to 30.25.

Enjoy,

Pieter.

Guest Das_Fruechtchen

Hi!

It seems that I have the same problem that Eraser had. I installed the 61.77 from your page and I used the 30.25. After rebooting the screen was black instead of showing the Windows Login Screen. Then I saw my cursor for a short time, but anything else stayed black. After few seconds the screen turned blue with vertical dark blue stripes and the notebook rebooted.

The last working driver I used was the 56.64, but today I got Doom 3 and it was so terribly slow that I wanted to install the lasted drivers in hope to see some positive changes...

What can I do?

Guest Matias

Hey Pieter!, today playing with my original INF that came with my Medion I found out that adding these lines under [nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings] to the new infs from drivers greater than the 61.45 helped to solve the freaking black screen!!!!... the lines are:

HKR,, ModesetBlankDelay, %REG_DWORD%, 1

HKR,, "DefaultSettings.BitsPerPel",%REG_DWORD%,32

HKR,, "DefaultSettings.XResolution",%REG_DWORD%,1024

HKR,, "DefaultSettings.YResolution",%REG_DWORD%,768

I think the first one really did the job!, but I'm so happy because I have tried so far the 61.77 and the new 65.62 and finally don't get the black screen!.... I hope this may help guys that are experiencing the same problem!.... :) .... before I could never use the 61.77 without getting the black screen....

Guest Matias

Pieter, I tried adding those lines to your 30.25 inf and it worked as well!!!... no more black screen!! before I tried adding those lines to the original 61.77 inf and worked as well!... I had this problem for more than 2 months!!... I'm very happy that is gone... hope this helps other people as well that are posting messages in this thread :)

Mmmm, this gets me thinking (standback I've not done this before and anything could happen)

As of the last few 61 and 65 series drivers, the setmax resolution on install hasn't worked.

I wonder if it's this causing the problem, as the black screen started with the not working MROI.

I'll have play with this as well,

Good work Matias,

Pieter.

Guest Matias

Pieter, this was the line that got ride of my black screen:

HKR,, ModesetBlankDelay, %REG_DWORD%, 1

The other lines didn't have any impact since I tried other drivers that before gave me the black screen with this one line and now they all work great...

Thanks for your help :)

Well that's easier, I can't add it to my INFs but can have it as a DIY add.

All the same good work.

Pieter.

Guest Eraser

I was frustated when i saw the blackscreen again after 3 reboots, so i have installed the omega 56.72 driver again!

But then I saw this great news of matias in this board and was happy again :) :)

Now I will try to install this driver and add this line in the 30.25 .inf, and play FarCry again with 2-4 more frames :P

Good work, matias and pieter :(