LaptopVideo2Go Forums

DOOM3 demo1 result with FX5650

ggtronic

timedemo1:

NVIDIA propertys by default ( no max speed mod...) exept for the third result

640X480 medium quality HQ-yes shadow-yes specular-y bumpmap-yes vsync-yes antializing-2X 11.4 FPS

640X480 low quality HQ-yes shadow-yes specular-y bumpmap-y vsync-y antializing-0 12.7 FPS

640X480 low quality HQ-yes shadow-yes specular-y bumpmap-y vsync-y antializing-0 12.8 FPS with recommended setting for high result

640X480 medium quality HQ-no shadow-no specular-no bumpmap-no vsync-no antializing-0 16.6 FPS

i use DELL 4581 driver ( JUNK ! ) because no modded NVIDIA driver run DOOM3 yet (only have try 56.72 poor image) ?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ThE NiTz

• ggtronic

• christian

• ofelas

have u given 62.20 a try they are pretty fast u stil havent finsihed dling the demo but since cox gave me a speed upgreade to 4k/500 ill dl it tongith

later

the niTz

Guest digital_toad

I used the 61.71 with modified driver on my Dell with the GFX5650. My timedemos are coming in at 45FPS with a slightly modified Doom3config file. Image quality is excellent. All effects are on and downsize limits are at 512.

sweet that gives me hope thanks man

hey did u give 62.20 a try i get better scores on benchmarks and games u may want to try and get that extra frame

the niTz

Guest Guest

Well the results are in, and I'm impressed:

640x480 Medium Settings All Effects: 38.8, 48.4

640x480 High Settings All Effects: 44.7 +/-

640x480 High Settings All Effects 2xAA: 33.9 +/-

640x480 Ultra Settings All Effects: 20.3, 36.3 if you dont mind textures loading......

800x600 Medium Settings All Effects: 37.1 +/-

800x600 High Settings All Effects: 33.3 +/-

1024x768 Low Settings All Effects: 23.9 +/-

I know ultra settings only scored that high because the textures were already loaded into the mem, but it was still cool to score 36fps on a geforce5650.

nice, hey have u played far cry and also do u have dx 9c and they latest intel chipset drivers???

the niTz

Guest digital_toad

I've played far cry, but not since I discovered this site. Before I found this site, best I could manage with Doom 3 was around 20fps. I do have DX9c and I'm pretty sure I have the updated intel chipset infs. I should probably get a hold of far cry and see what I can manage. I might try to benchmark it also.

man emule takes forever for dls and cox upgraded their networks today so our speeds are 4k/500 but i get close to 5k and a lil over 510 for upload and emules like dling at 1-10 kb a sec kinda sucks but i wana be sure this game runs before i forkover csh for it

thanks for ur info digital toad, hey do u play natural selection mod for half life, or black hawk down ts

the niTz

Guest digital_toad

Sorry, can't play half-life, I lost my key and valve wants me to buy another copy of half-life before I can play again. I was just thinking about tryin out Black Hawk down tho. Games I play at the moment

Doom 3

Americas Army

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault

Medal of Honor: Breakthrough

Unreal Tournament 2004

thanks a lot digital and guest !

that sure give me some hope !

will try that 61... driver soon

do i need to load directX9 C to getr these frame rate ?

how to verifiy my actual intel chipset version , dont know wich i have

what video bios did you have ( A01 , latest from dell ? )

what bios ?

i just witness the biggest improvement EVER for a tweaking !

its far from what you folks had for result but its GOOD

loaded directX 9C

instaled 61.71 driver

change nvidia parameter for speed ( bench )

leave clocking at normal 250/120 ? !

640X480 low quali all effect on , ox anti aliasing 28.2 FPS

640X480 high quali all effect on , 2x anti aliasing 27.1 FPS

3DMARK2003 (V340) result is 2675

the demo have run like dam fast foward movie ! incredible !

now i can play that game , with nice detail ON and its fluid !

thanks PIETER's

thanks digital !

only one issue yet , FARCRY cannot go high detail with grey screen fill

( like deep smoke ? ) seem to be related with bilinear/trilinear fil.... ?

I've played far cry, but not since I discovered this site. Before I found this site, best I could manage with Doom 3 was around 20fps. I do have DX9c and I'm pretty sure I have the updated intel chipset infs. I should probably get a hold of far cry and see what I can manage. I might try to benchmark it also.

where did u find the updated intel chipset infs?

i have the same system as u but with 61.76 i get a blue-screen. what bios are you using and wheat intel chipset infs?

did you have good result with FARCRY with 61.71 and 62 also ?

because i have huge improvement with doom 3 but farcry will no

longer run high res ? and i have not try all DX8 games yet ? (

ghost recon , medal of honor .... ) batellfield vietnam is OK

thanks

Guest digital_toad

I haven't tried far cry since the update. I just ran a 3Dmark03 benchmark and got a 2567. Not to shabby IMO. I'm gonna get the far cry demo and see whats up.

yeah thats the intel chipset version 6 file and u guys should have ur gpu bios updated to the latest one and dx9c and peiters driver 62.20 it seems to be the best one o hey digital toad whats ur 3dmark01 score with theres driver and ur 3dmark03 wanna compare a lil

the niTz

Guest digital_toad

My score for 3Dmark01 is 9205. I haven't really done much tweaking to bring it any higher, just added the new drivers. I happy for right now tho, big improvement.

ill setup a srvr later on and pm u my ip and u can get all the files u need it should go quite quicly since im getting 400 up plus netburst now

since my chipset update , 3DMARK03 have fall down a bit and DOOM3 have

also slow down to 23 FPS ?

how did you reach 30+fps , digitaltoad ? , because now i seem to have the

same setting then you , + these mod to doom3 autoexec.cfg :

set r_swapInterval "1" //Vsync

set r_mode "3" // screen size 3=6x4 4=8x6 5=10x8 6=12x10 7=16x10? 8=16x12

set image_downSizeLimit "512" //1024 for 256 cards. 512 for 128mb gfx. 256 for 64mb gfx see also com_videoRam

set image_downSize "1" //use to enable above

set image_downSizeBumpLimit "512" //1024 for 256mb gfx. 512 for 128mb gfx. 256 for 64mb gfx

set image_downSizeBump "1" //enables above

set com_videoRam "128" //doesn't auto detect correctly for some, set it manually

also , since we get better fps , we should get mor fiel of view for our 15.4 display

set g_fov "90" //field of view, default 90 , 110 is good for 16X9 display !