LaptopVideo2Go Forums

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/pages/speed.htm

w00ters

One small problem w/ this page, specifically this img: http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/images/webpictures/direct3d.jpg' target="_blank">

setting PCI texture mode to 63 MB in D3D will have no positive impact and if anything worsen performance.

as our cards are all AGP, that 63 MB chunk will be reserved for performance u will never see [for PCI cards].

I suggest changing this value to "2" ie the lowest possible setting.

I think I read somewhere that that setting has NO effect if you do not have a PCI card installed. It is easily changeable if it is not that way, but I read that somewhere.

*hopes I'm right* (crosses fingures)

Bill

I think I read somewhere that that setting has NO effect if you do not have a PCI card installed. It is easily changeable if it is not that way, but I read that it is somewhere.

*hopes I'm right* (crosses fingures)

Bill

i think ive read that as well as what i said elsewhere.

to be on the safe side, i would set to 2

That was the default setting the driver installed with, I didn't change it.

I never play with this setting, just the other ones.

Pieter

That was the default setting the driver installed with, I didn't change it.

I never play with this setting, just the other ones.

Pieter

i noticed the instructions said to put everything exactly as shown here [referring to the speed.jpg].

some driver revisions or configurations dicate different PCI memory allocation values.

ive also heard setting the allocated memory to "2" to be on the safe side and ive heard it doesnt matter if u dont have PCI.

I'll rewrite what it says for that page, I'm not too sure on this value, so I'll leave as default for all systems.

Cheers wOOters, well spotted,

Pieter.

[update] I've changed the wording on the above page, if anybody can prove that 2 is faster than 63, give me a yell.