LaptopVideo2Go Forums

SP1/SP2 WLAN Card Fix (AGERE MiniPCI WLAN)

®®®

I just inherited a 5205-S703. I installed a slipstreamed Windows XP SP2 on it, and can't get wireless to work.

I have used the registry fixes provided here, installed the 8.72 firmware, am running the 7.82.0.550 drivers, and still see no wireless networks (I have another laptop, a Dell, which works fine on the WAP). I also noticed that if I add a wireless connection manually, WPA encryption is not an option, which I will require if I am ever able to get this thing working.

Windows identifies the card as PCMCIA\TOSHIBA-WIRELESS_LAN_CARD-E5D7\1

Ideas?

Yes, turn on the switch on the left side of the case.

Is there a wireless switch to be turned on right above Optical Drive?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 5205 S703 model. I accquired a Wireless router D-LINK Router ( model DI-524 ) and I have been trying to connect to the internet without success. The connection that I got was with low signal and not sufficient to surf in the internet. Could you help me ?

Yes, update firmware and drivers and see if the connection gets better. Else buy _any_ new MiniPCI WLAN card available all over EBAY

Hi there!

Do you know if this happens with satellite pro a10? After install win XP professional SP2 the wireless doesn't work. I've tried the registry additions, but still no result.

- The funny thing is that it recognizes the network but it can't log on! With toshiba's config free, i set a profile with the correct configurations and SID, but when i apply it, in the current settings, SID is still blank.

- With agere manager system, when i do a network scan, it recognizes my network, but the keeps changing to other channels (after i changed my card channel to 6 instead of default, or else it wouldn't even find it)

Any sugestions master of the toshiba wifi e5d7 card?

What is the exact model description of your Laptop? Can you post the NERD log?

Try opening the registry editor (START | RUN | regedit), search for "DisableIsaToPciRouting" and change the value from 6 to 0. Reboot. If this works, then the Satellite A10 series apparently needs different setting than the 5x0x series.

Guest jobsonbl
Yes, update firmware and drivers and see if the connection gets better. Else buy _any_ new MiniPCI WLAN card available all over EBAY

Could you please send the link where I can access the firmware and drivers suitable for my case and than dowload them.

Tks,

Jobson

Guest Guest
Try opening the registry editor (START | RUN | regedit), search for "DisableIsaToPciRouting" and change the value from 6 to 0. Reboot. If this works, then the Satellite A10 series apparently needs different setting than the 5x0x series.

Now i'm becoming desperate... Fresh windows installation, tried all the registry updates you sugested, updated firmware and drivers... and still doesn't work.

The router is a Gigabyte GN-BR01G and my desktop with a SMC PCI Card connects fine. With the Toshiba Satellite pro A10, it recognizes the network, the signal is excellent, but it simply doesn't connect.

With the agere connections manager, when i force the channel to 6 and disable windows zero configuration, it recognizes the network, but then it still doesn't connect! The ConfigFree from Toshiba doesn't even recognize the network!!

Ahhhhh!!!!

Nearly same thing happens to me with my Satellite 5200 and Gigabyte WiFi card when I turn the wireless switch off. I can manually turn on the card itself from its client and see other connections but will not connect unless I switch the button on. Probably this is not the case for you but I just wanted to tell anyway.

• 3 months later...

The default action in Windows OS for .REG files is "Merge", so doubleclick with your mouse on any .REG file and it will ask you "Are you sure you want to merge this REG file into the Registry?".

That's what you want to do.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

OK June, are you trying to say that you have the same problem described in that 2005 post?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...