LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Issue with newer drivers (Starcraft)

Guest Arla

So running a toshiba laptop (1955-S805) and I'm trying various drivers, however all of the ones I've tried from here seem to have an issue with starcraft (I start it, and it starts, but then minimizes and basically won't let you run it).

Anyone know what might be causing this or a way to fix it? I can install tyhe current driver from toshiba, but it's the 32.X driver (or something like that, horribly old) and for everything else the newer drivers seem to work just fine.

Do the non modded INFs work?

Pieter

Guest citrixcl

I play starcraft every single day. I have no problems with any of pieter's mods. I am on Larry's 5150 INF right now though. I did notice that one of the quirks of SC is that you can't change resolution from 640800... kind of crummy on my 16001200 laptop... also i noticed SC is blurry with antialiasing on... and in laggy games it hurts my game speed with graphics up... strange for a 2D game. there are alot of hacks for SC... see if you can get one that runs SC in a window... i would really love that.

Do the non modded INFs work?

Pieter

Good question, not sure yet, I installed the 56.63 driver without any modded INF files and it seemed to work okay, haven't yet tried installing it yet with the modded INF (at least not that I recall).

Thanks for the help.