LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Driver with easy display change?

Guest karatestarfish

Guest karatestarfish

Hi,

I'm using a Dell 5150 with the Go5200 video card. I've just changed from 56.72 driver to 63.75.

The new driver fixes a few little bugs I was having with the older driver, but the interface to change the display to dualview with TV and back again seems to be the same - the only way I've found to do it (with the little playing around I have done) is to go into the nview settings panel and change the display settings there....

Is there a driver that offers a shortcut to switch between the two? Something off the nvidia icon in the taskbar perhaps? My wife is not all that computer literate and sometimes has problems changing it so she can watch movies....

Another small problem I have is that the setting for the TV output (AutoSelect/SVideo/Composite) keeps resetting each time the computer is restarted - anyone know a fix for this or a driver that doesn't suffer this problem?

Thanks for your help :)

I don't have an answer for your last question, but you can try using Fn+F8 to enable/disable the signal to your TV.

First, enable the desktop manager, then go to the hotkeys menu and look under the display settings, you should find one that says "Show display scheme menu"

When you set that and use it you should see something similar to the pic I have attached, I know that is in the 66.31 driver, and should be in the 65.73 driver.

You said you were on the 63.75 driver?

I have never heard of that one, you must have meant the 65.73 driver right?

There are other usefull hotkeys too, I use Control+Y to turn on and off clone mode.

Edit: For you second question, try the 66.31 or 66.32 driver.

It might fix it.....

Hope this helps.

Bill

post-6-10957153380_thumb.jpg

Guest karatestarfish
You said you were on the 63.75 driver?

I have never heard of that one, you must have meant the 65.73 driver right?

Haha.. um.. yes, that is exactly what I meant :( You'll have to forgive my typing - my fingers are dyslexic :)

When you set that and use it you should see something similar to the pic I have attached, I know that is in the 66.31 driver, and should be in the 65.73 driver.

That's awesome - exactly what I was after. Thanks very much :)

Edit: For you second question, try the 66.31 or 66.31 driver.

It might fix it.....

I'll give it a shot.

Can I just say that this website rocks!!?! Every time I've had a problem it has either been covered already, or a post to the website got an informative, friendly and fast response! I just want to thank everyone who answers questions for making it so much easier to play around with display drivers on my laptop (and of course thank Pieter for his great work modding the drivers :P )

So thanks everyone :(

Shucks, you've got me blushing now.

It's the folks like Bill that make the place, modding INFs is easy, answering all the questions is the dfficult part.

batch file on startup :P

Set Display #2 (usually TV) to format...

composite: rundll32.exe NvCpl.dll,dtcfg svof 2 1

s-video: rundll32.exe NvCpl.dll,dtcfg svof 2 2

you could also do a rundll32 for clone mode or tv format (NTSC, PAL), etc...

:) Bill

or you could try the 66.31 :) hehe

Ja, ja! Teraphy the rundll guru.

Or just put the batch on your desktop for your wife. Give it a shiny Icon and you're set.

And btw i forgot to mention: try the 66.31/32 :)

batch file on startup :P

Set Display #2 (usually TV) to format...

composite: rundll32.exe NvCpl.dll,dtcfg svof 2 1

s-video: rundll32.exe NvCpl.dll,dtcfg svof 2 2

you could also do a rundll32 for clone mode or tv format (NTSC, PAL), etc...

:) Bill

or you could try the 66.31 :) hehe

I was in a hurry when I typed that, I have had a lot of homework this week, plus I have been very busy.

Besides, I think my method is easier.

I fixed the typo in my first post in this thread.

Edit: Thanks for all the compliments guys.

Now it is time for you to make a donation because you like this place so much.

Feel free to click the last line in my sig to go to the donation page.

Bill