LaptopVideo2Go Forums

3D Mark 2005 is out

mobilenvidia

The wait is over.

http://www.futuremark.com/download/?3dmark05.shtml (283MB) is the place to get the software.

Be aware it will be busy, as it's broken the Guru3D server with hits (hehe)

Here are the requirements to run this hefty beast:

* DirectX 9 compatible graphics adapter with support for Pixel Shader 2.0 or later, and graphics memory of 128 MB or above.

* x86 compatible processor with SSE support, 2GHz or above

* 512 MB system memory or more.

* 1.5 GB of free hard disk space.

* Windows 2000 or XP operating system with the latest Service Packs and updates installed.

* DirectX 9.0c runtime installed with the latest updates.

* Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 installed, for some 3DMark functionality.

* Microsoft Excel 2000, 2003 or XP, for some 3DMark05 Pro functionality.

* Microsoft DirectX 9 Summer Update 2004 System Development Kit is required to run the image quality test using the reference rasterizer (3DMark05 Pro).

Enjoy and I expect scores very shortly, meaning I must make another column on my performance page.

Enjoy

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• Almighty1

• Bill

• ®®®

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thought I'd better shift this here.

How about some score to post on the web.

Best scores so far that I've seen for Desktops are 6000 for a X800 and 5000 for a 6800GT, nVidia have some work to do with their drivers as ATI got an 1500 point increase with their latest driver.

LOL! I'll add my spectacular results to the drivers page, but I get a whopping 189 with driver 66.32, and a mere 202 with driver 66.51.

My poor FX Go5200 really struggles with 3DMark05. I don't think any of the tests ever even achieve 1 frame per second. It's quite painful to watch.

Your score is painful, I get a lower score in 3DMark 2K3, what will 2k5 do to my poor old GF2go.

If I started it now, it should finsih before Xmas ? (hehe)

The first score to add to the page (when I cram all the other scores up)

Keep them coming.

i got 361 with my Go5600 ........i was looking at a damm slideshow all the time......went from 0 frames to 1 frame and sometimes it jumped up to a wonderfull 3 a 4 frames/sec but mostly it stayd on 1 frame......

Yikes those scores are low.

The only hope will be the 6800go.

I'll work on the performance page tonight time allowing.

Downloading now from Tech Connect magazine at ~570 KB/s...will run benchmark later this afternoon & post results... :)

467 marks with the Quadro FX Go1000 + Dell driver 53.82 (laptop GPU).

721 marks with the nVidia FX 5700 Ultra + nVidia driver 61.76 (desktop GPU).

Pretty painful... :)

i got so stressed of my low score i decided to overclock and see how much i got then..........well i was uhmm impressed ?? i got a blasting 591 points !!!! and a steady 2fps !!!!

cant understand that a 3.06ghz and a gfgo5600 cannot get higher points then this.

well i just got fantastic 258 points at steady 1fps... (system: PIV M 2.2, 512MB,GeForceFX 5600Go 64MB, display driver version: 65.73)

hm i somehow can understand these very low results. I mean we're talkin about a benchmark that uses the most advanced graphic technology available at the moment and my laptop with its 5600Go is more than a year old and laptops are never at the same level of technical development with desktops. they r always at least one step behind and i guess my machine is about 4 steps behind... :-/

I'm about 2 do a complete reinstall of windows 2moro anyway, will see what result i get with freshly installed drivers for all components including chipset driver

Any suggestion to take another driver version as my current 65.73 when i do my reinstall tomorrow??

i guess my machine is about 4 steps behind... :-/
Don#t talk this bad about the 5200/5205 Toshiba !° :)

Just use the latest one for your reinstall. Currently i use v66.32. Don't forget to change the MAPOSD3 value in the INF from 2 (default for DELL) to 3.

And welcome to the forum :)

I didn't have time last night to make the page, but will make time tonight.

Good to see a few scores.

I would be looking at a steady 1FPM (frame per minute)

I've updated the Performance page with the scores above.

Just use the latest one for your reinstall. Currently i use v66.32. Don't forget to change the MAPOSD3 value in the INF from 2 (default for DELL) to 3.

And welcome to the forum  :)

thanks for that warm welcome mate :)

According to the page the newest driver version would be the 66.81 but I took the 65.73 the last time cause it said "these are looking very good, havn't got the problems of the above drivers." I'm not sure about using the 66.81 but if you tell me they're fine I trust you :P

The 65.73 drivers are the most stable so far, but for 3D Mark 2k5 bench marking your probably better off with 66.81.

i forgot to mention that i used the 66.29 drivers for this.......maybe that is an important fact to add :)

should i try with those 66.81 or stay with these since they run really smooth on the laptop.....

yes, try them. The 66.81 meant to be optimized for 3DMark 2K5

...And 66.81 is the fastest version in a long time for 3DMark03, as well.

But I'm starting to see some people reporting 66.81 stability problems on various nVidia forums. Mostly odd reboots when exiting games and other unexpected times. (I've had it happen a couple of times myself.)

I'd say it's 98% stable, but if you're running anything critical, you might want to wait for the WHQL version.

Sorry for the thread drift...

Guess I'm not missing much! I can't even get it to run on my laptop. I get a shader error. I guess 16MB Video ram isn't enough!

I wouldn't bother trying to run this with anything less than a GF4200go.

It would take days to finish with a GF4xxgo and weeks with a GF2go. :)

Well guys I've bad news:

after my reinstall taking the 66.82 driver I got 241 points. Remember with the 65.73 I got 258 points the other day :-/

Do these results neccassarily mean that the 66.82 is generally worse than the 65.73 ?

It just means that the 66.81 are optimised for the 6x00 series GPU's.

The older GPU's have been forgotten about as nVidia struggles to keep up with ATI.