LaptopVideo2Go Forums

66.81 WHQL is out

LSudlow

DriverVer = 09/30/2004, 6.6.8.1

Now WHQL certified for 6 series GPUs & above, though link still isn't on nVidia's website. International version can be found here.

The certification files are dated 10/14, but the driver files are the same ones we've had for a while now, so don't look for changed performance.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to point out that nvidia already has user guides posted in the same folder as the driver.

ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/66.81/

That is the link for you lazy ones.

I am betting that since it is on their site and since it has the guides, it will get certified soon and made official and put up for download.

I am not sure why it says release 65 in the guides/manuals when it is clearly release 66.

Bill

Edit: I saw in the user manual the driver supports 512 MB versions of the 6800 series cards, you guys know what that means, they should be coming out soon.

The user guide has some new interesting stuff in it, you guys should give it a read if you have time.

Edited by Bill

Hello Bill, is your DELL running again?

I added the release note stuff 2 days ago in the v66.81 thread. But i'm sure we always need guys like you who help us out with beeing up2date. Thanks for the pointing out to the release notes :)

My Dell seems to be running fine right now, every post I have made onto this forum as of right now is from my laptop, so you know it works, but I might have that error again sometime, I will then reseat the HD if that happens, and if it keeps happening I'm calling Dell for a new Mobo.

I noticed in that thread of yours the driver can have multiple profiles per app, hehe. Must be why I was having confusing setting one up.

Anyway, this driver runs UT2004 faster than every other driver I have ever tried. (as far as I know) Just so you guys know.

And thanks for merging my posts.

Bill

Must be why I was having confusing setting one up.
Larry made a FAQ on "how to set upo the application profile page". Have a trxy in the FAQ section.

I know how to set one up, its just I would set one and then it would seem to forget the settings or something, atleast with that driver.

I'm back on the 66.31 drivers, I might try the 66.51 or 61.82 if my laptop stops acting up, I am now having another problem with it.

Maybe this new BIOS has been giving me all these problems?

I have had it for a while now though.

Application Profile page works in 66.32 + doesn't forget the vibrance setting or at least i haven't figured that it forgets it. THis is the driver i use now and probably for a while.

What I meant by that was, I would set up a profile for UT2004, and turn off AA, AF, and put custom color settings on and so forth, then I would save and exit, or switch to some other page after saving, and when I came back the UT2004 profile was there but with default settings.

After this happened more than a few times it finaly stayed and I thougt it was strange and just ran UT2004 anyway, it ran good of course, and the digital vibrance worked and I know the other stuff worked cause I turned it off and the game would not have ran as fast if AA and AF were on.

This has only happend with the 66.81 drivers for me though, the other drivers I have made profiles for work just fine.

66.81 is now WHQL certified for 6 series GPUs & above, though link still isn't on nVidia's website. International version can be found here.

The certification files are dated 10/14, but the driver files are the same ones we've had for a while now, so don't look for changed performance.

WHQL certified ONLY for 6 series GPUs & above... :)

Good catch, Ofelas... Thanks! (Modifying earlier posts now!)

:)

These GPU's are WHQL'ed

NVIDIA_NV40.DEV_0040.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra"
NVIDIA_NV40.DEV_0041.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6800"
NVIDIA_NV40.DEV_0042.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6800 LE"
NVIDIA_NV40.DEV_0045.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT"
NVIDIA_NV40.DEV_004E.1 = "NVIDIA Quadro FX 4000"
NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00C0.1 = "NVIDIA NV41"
NVIDIA_NV43.DEV_0140.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT"
NVIDIA_NV43.DEV_0141.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6600"
NVIDIA_NV43.DEV_0145.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6610 XL"
NVIDIA_NV43.DEV_014E.1 = "NVIDIA Quadro FX 540"
NVIDIA_NV43.DEV_014F.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6200"
NVIDIA_BR02.DEV_00F1.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT "
NVIDIA_BR02.DEV_00F8.1 = "NVIDIA Quadro FX 3400"
NVIDIA_BR02.DEV_00F9.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Series GPU"

So won't affect most of us.

Driver has already been updated on our server to the new WHQL one, it has a couple of extra files as well.

It's basicly the same driver but has the WHQL certificate added.

More Info here