LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Green screen at startup

Guest martx

NO fix for this, as it seem to be driver related (not all drivers do it.)

I think it's only for us with older GPU's.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest valeryan

My dell 2650 has the same green screen problem. It also will go green while switching from 16 bit to 32 bit color depths and when I try to play star wars battle front the game will go green and stay green unless I minimize the game for a few seconds then it will all be normal. Do you know which driver this problem started on? I would like to use one with out the green screen my dell driver doesn?t have the problem but its a 44.xxx series driver and wont play a lot of new games. Thanks

copy&poasted from Pieters signature

--------------------

Gateway Solo 9550 Laptop

PIII-M 1.06Ghz

512MB RAM

32MB Geforce2go

15.7" LCD Display (1280x1024x32)

Win XP, SP2, DX9c, Forceware 66.31 v 30.31

Valerian, i would suggest use 66.31 or 66.32

The 66.31 driver ran just fine on my laptop, I would highly reccomend it if the other 66s drivers give you problems.

Bill

• 4 weeks later...
Guest valeryan

Thanks guys for you suggestions but even with 66.31 I still have the green screen problem. I played around for a bit with this green screen thing, and I'm sure now that it happens when windows switches from 16-bit color to 32-bit color. So as windows is loading the welcome screen it switches to 32-bit and a green screen happens. Also some of the games that I have use 16-bit for the menu screen and 32-bit for the game map so when you go from the menu to the actual game you experience the green screen. I figure there is just no way around this and its just some thing the driver is doing that my geforce2go just can?t handle and it outputs some kind of noise. Maybe in some later driver the problem might go away. If you guys have any ideas though of some weird miracle registry tweak I can try, that would be cool.

Thanks

Val

P.S. sorry it took me so long to get back with you guys. I have lived with out internet for a few weeks. :)

Well, like we have been saying, it is just something that only GF2 go users get, after all its not hurting anything is it?

Try some 67 drivers, maybe one of them fixed it?

I think I got a green screen once, then it went away, so maybe you have some hope that it will not happen with certain newer drivers.

Bill

Guest valeryan

Yeah its really not a problem until I go to play a game. If the game I'm trying to play for some reason switches between 16 bit and 32 bit the green screen will stay until I force the game to minimize with something like alt-tab. Its just inconvient but I dont think that's a reason to give up on trying to find an answer either. so I'll keep looking and maybe I'll find an answer before I get a new laptop next year or maybe I wont. still I appriciate that you guys took the time to at least try and help out, thanks. So when you get down to it I guess all I'm really asking is that you guys keep an eye out for something that would help.

Thanks

Val :) :P :)