LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Dell AC Adapter Recalls

Teraphy

CNET reports Dell is having to recall millions of adapters sold between 98 and 02.

http://news.com.com/Millions+of+Dell+power..._3-5403129.html

Affected part numbers are 9364U, 7832D and 4983D.

Affected Systems:

Latitude CP, CPi, CPiA, CPtC, CPiR, CPxH, CPtV, CS, CSx, CPxJ, CPtS, C500, C510, C540, C600, C610, C800, C805, C810, V700, C-Dock, C-Port

Inspiron 2500, 2600, 3700, 3800, 4000, 4100, 4150, 5000, 5000E, 7500, 7550, 8000, 8100, Advanced Port Replicator, Docking Station

Precision M40

Dells recall site to verify a bad adapter:https://www.delladapterprogram.com/Main.aspx

Mine is faulty. Ugh just my luck!

You had luck! Imagine your appartment/room set up on fire cuz you leave the Laptop running the whole time, like i do most times.

Though I have to say that my Toshiba Power Adaptor also gets fairly hot.

And I thought mine got hot!

Maybe I can use mine as a foot warmer this winter by placing it closer to my foot.

lol

Mine is not affected.

• 2 years later...

mine gets fairly warm as well, mind you mine is 170w O.o... my laptop can get hot enough to burn the hands though (not on the keyboard, only on the case areas around the heatsink, harddrive or CD ROM)

when I'm at home I constantly have an 8" fan blowing on the heatsink, and outdoors I set it up so the wind can blow on it.

I only have a cord-fraying problem with my adapters, first time it was the wire coming out of the actual adapter (the one that can't be disconnected), this time its the cord that plugs into the wall, the area just behind the plastic plug that plugs into the adapter box itself, is frayed, only one actual wire is exposed, its likely the ground wire because I dont get any shock when I touch it, the next one showing is not exposed, but it is wrapped in a green surround, and the one beside that is a white surround (you have to peel the cord back slightly to see the white one)

oh, and if someone tries to tell me I wont get a shock from an AC cord (except ground) tell that to the lightbulbs I've put in (no wonder they tell you to turn the switch off first... BZZT)