LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA Quadro4 700 GoGL (Dell Mobile)

Kamika007z

Hey all,

Does anyone know if there's a new BIOS update for this card lurking around the net? I'm just curious because sometimes my FN+Up/Down doesn't work all the time... and it works just fine with my GeForce4 440 Go (32MB), so I'm thinking it's miscommunication with my video card and my LCD... anyone have and ideas? I know they released a BIOS update via Dell for the Precision M50 and that BIOS is version: 4.28.20.25.13 - this fixes some LCD problems when connecting a TV-Out. Are there any newer ones out there?

Thanks,

John

Is it moderators party time?

Online:

dontknow, mobilenvidia, Kamika007z, LSudlow

Only big boss Teraphy is missing!

He might be one of the 8 visitors, big brother is watching (sorry boss, back to topic).

John, I doubt wether there is a newer BIOS than what is available on Dell server.

That's a very rare occurance, given the time zones involved! It usually mean one of us got up in the middle of the night and didn't have anything better to do than check the forum! :)

I just got up (yawwwwwwnnnnnnnn!!!)

Hahahha yeahhhhh!!!!!!!! Let's get CRAZAYYY!!! :)

In any event, I was curious. If you guys find anything, let me know :)

Thanks,

John

[PARTY]WHOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!![/PARTY]

/me is riding a unicorn :P

/me is riding a unicorn :)

Be careful of the horn

:)

Bah, I'm still not a mod yet.

Anyway, it is almost midnight here.

I am staying up fixing my laptop up.

I have installed the new drive and formated it and installed Windows XP Pro.

I will probably stay up another hour or so downloading updates and installing drivers.

Since I am taking this thread off topic, I will give you guys updates in the other thread.

Bill

P.S. (Yes, I am on my laptop :) )

Oh, and watch out for those unicorns.

I always miss the parties :)

Korpowski,

I see that you have a BIOS hack for you Quadro4? Care to tell me what you did exactly and how it's working out for you?

Let me know. Feel free to PM me as well.

Thanks,

John

Probably XBIOS or OmniExtremeEdit, but i'm also interested. Although Korpowski has that BIOS Hack for months in his signature i simply forgot to ask what he did there.

Korpowski, a HowTo for Quadro Go Cards would be appreciated.

OmniExtremeEdit doesn't work for mobile cards?

Yeah it would be great if there was some more information on how that BIOS of yours was hacked. :)

Thanks,

John

Well I just tried out X-BIOS, it detected my firmware and I modded the BIOS sucessfully to an appropriate value. (210 gpu 460 memory) and flashed the card using nvflash 4.2x with the -f switch. Flash went sucessfully and after I ctrl+alt+delete'ed my system I get a blank screen and nothing boots. The hdd light stays on a constant and then goes off... is there any way of reflashing the video card? I tried an external LCD, but the system doesn't want to boot up. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

John

John , John, Johnny,

After all my warnings in other threads about flashing.

'Don't attempt it without a PCI card capable docking station.'

You will need one of these and a PCI video card, boot via PCI video (should over ride Laptop one) and extrenal monitor.

Now you can reflash the video BIOS (all going well)

At least tell us you saved the orignal BIOS !!

There are tools for testing the BIOS before flashing, have a look at whitebunny he's got lots of BIOS tools.

Good luck,

You know what it was? Me doing it in 6am and not giving it a second thought. I though "ah oh well, lets do this" and I just press Y. Pretty stupid I know.

About the docking station:

Which docking station is capable of doing that? The Dell C/Dock II? I haven't flashed my Inspiron to a Latitude, in order to use it, you think I could do it by removing the video card and try booting to disk, then flashing it without seeing anything (c840a12.exe /jabill)? I can get a PCI video card with no problem.

Thanks,

John

EDIT: I just put in my good 'ol GeForce4 Go 440 and flashed to a Latitude C840... If this is the docking station, then I should go ahead and get it off of eBay... I could use one too considering I have an i8100 as well. Will this work? I see in the BIOS for the Latitude that the C/Dock II's are in the boot sequence and I can choose from either PCI slot (top or bottom slot). Will the computer even start up if I select that as my FIRST startup point, then swap cards and then boot up? I mean doesn't it read from the card in the notebook first? Or does it INITIALLY at POST read the bios booting sequence then boot from the video card in the PCI slot? Basically what I'm asking is, will getting this C/Dock II work? (lol)

Can anybody help John, my knowledge is 'Nill' on the Dell docking stations.

i would sooo be more active if i was a moderator... im so jealous
Usually it goes the other way around: be more active, write a unusual , rare "HowTo", help others.

You could start with your much appreciated opinion here:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=6236

ConcerningJohn's problem i have nothing to offer . None and nope experience with a docking station PCI card rescue attempt :)

Only thing i heard of is that an external monitor (connected via VGA-out port on Laptop) has priority or at least same priority (dual view) over internal LCD, but that is "i missed the question". I never tried that out :)

Couldn't you just use the autoexec batch file to auto flash it back on a bootdisk?

Couldn't you just use the autoexec batch file to auto flash it back on a bootdisk?

I assume the laptop isn't booting at all, or the external display would at least work.

Do a google search for the specs on Dell Docking stations.

I would personally not buy a laptop with out one, especially in the predicamsnt I'm in now (with out it my lappy won't work anymore)

Yeah, the computer isn't showing the Dell BIOS and Splash screen. I just bought a C/Dock II. Hopefully I can use it because in the Latitude C840 BIOS Setup you can boot off of the top or bottom PCI slot. Something tells me it will work. Hopefully... I'll keep you all updated.

Thanks all

John