LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA Quadro4 700 GoGL (Dell Mobile)

Kamika007z

Guest tentonine

I believe that the top or bottom slot option is to boot from a network card. On another page you will find an option for system or dock video. Select dock video (don't worry if you don't have a card in the docking station at the moment - it will default to the laptop's internal video if it does not detect a docking station video card). Are you aware that some PCI graphics cards, particularly newer ones like the FX 5200/Radeon 9200 probably will not work? I believe that one Matrox card (I can't remember which one, but it should be easy to find out) is the only one officially certified to work.

Edited by dontknow

tentonine,

Thank you very much for the explanation. A friend of mine has an old voodoo3 pci video card that I will use. Hopefully all goes well.

Thanks again to everyone here, I will keep you all informed (and informed about the upcoming keyboard mod too) :)

John

All the best with this John.

(and informed about the upcoming keyboard mod too)

As always John is very positive about the future. We all hope that the Docking station rescue attempt will succeed. :)

Thanks guys!! THIS IS THE BEST FORUM EVER! :)

:)

John

Edit: Still waiting on the darn docking station. Projected UPS shipping date is on the 8th of November. For the keyboard modification, the new ordered keyboard is on the way. Hopefully that will be in the next few days.

Edited by Kamika007z

Great news! I got the trackstick keyboard modification to work! Now all that is left is the fixing of the Quadro4 700 GoGL card and I'm taking some much needed time off of notebook modding. :)

Check the thread out here: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....t=15entry9669

Thanks,

John

RULER! OWNER! Kamika007z the DELL modding pwner. :)

:)

Hey all,

Just keeping you updated on my status: I got the docking station in since Friday, but I haven't even tried using it yet because I can't get the PCI video card from my friend yet. He's been busy so it's a no go so far. Hopefully it'll be soon. I'll keep you all informed as to what goes on with this.

Thanks,

John

Hi all,

I just flashed my video card using the C/Dock II docking station for Latitude systems. I had to flash my notebook to a Latitude before attampiting to use the docking station because it has specific functions in the BIOS in order to use the docking station. I also used a Radeon 7000 PCI video card, booted up with that and flashed my Quadro4's BIOS with no problems! I also updated my vcard's BIOS to a hacked one provided by Korpowski (thank you) to have a gpu core of 210Mhz and 480Mhz for memory.

Thanks all for the support everyone!!

John

/me is out of the *pickle* of a problem. :)

*pickle* :)

Great! So nKorpowski did a good job "hacking the BIOS"?

Welcome back John, is it no longer really warm in the room ? :)

Well at least my theory of the docking station works as proven, thanks John for trying it for me :)

dontknow: Yeah, Johnny was in a little pickle while playing a sad tune alone with a fiddle... lol how's that?

Yes, Korpowski did provide a good BIOS, so far so good. With his permission I can upload the BIOS to the download section for others to use.

mobilenvidia: haha no it's no longer warm in room... and it's almost time for the snowy season. A big thank you for the docking station tip. Oh and you're welcome for being the beta tester and trying it for you :)

Thanks all!

johnny the kamikaze