LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Zd7000 running fans full speed!

Guest Kyo

I been perfectly fine with the 61.77 drivers with your modded inf except some games would crash once in a while.

I tried upgrading to 61.53 and everything runs perfect... except now my fans run at full speed. I tried rolling back the drivers, uninstalling drivers, reinstalling older drivers, even tried the newest set of drivers and this fan always runs at full speed now!

Games also run a bit choppy when the computer gets really hot. It seems my laptop also runs a lot warmer...

I'm thinking about formatting to see if that'll fix it but I'm afraid it might not. What can be causing this fan to run like this?

Edit- Okay I tried formatting and it still does it!!! Please don't tell me this driver made my laptop run in this hot mode forever!?

Okay I tried formatting
...and then what? Which driver were installed after the formatting?

Then it seems that you have a heating problem inside your >Laptop case.

Clean the fans or blow away the Dust.

It's just coincincdence that you installed the nVIDIDA driver and all this happens.

Do the fans come on as soon as you switch on or after a few minutes or in a game ?

Is your room tempurature high?, are there obstructions under/around the laptop ?

like Don't know said, make sure there is no dust in or around the fans.

Get a can of compressed air, blow it around the keyboard FIRST then into any ventilation holes.

Best to NOT blow into the fans !! as you'll be blowing the dust into the machine, blow from the other end to blow the dust out.

I have also heard of blades breaking as the pressure is too great when blown directly onto them.

You have been warned.

There is no way that a driver can cause what is happening to you now.

I've tried using some canned air and got out a little bit of dust bunnies. The fan just kicks up immediatly as soon as I boot up the laptop now. I also make sure theres plenty of ventilation for air to get through and the room temperature is actually chilly.

Perhaps it is coincidence *sigh* but I read that some people had the same problem with the fans kicking up with these drivers. One person also said that even when he/she rolled back a driver, it still kept running really loud.

-Edit- Alright, with all old drivers (61.77 and below), the laptop constantly blows out warm air but with 65.73, it pushes regular air. Still fan is loud with either set of drivers.