LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Can anybody get 60.72 to work on their machine ??

mobilenvidia

I doubt wether Powerstrip would fix the Dell UXGA problem.

As I can't get it to read the Plug and play monitor (LCD Panel) for my machine.

I says it can't read the DDC code or the EDID from the monitor, probably why it then chooses the Dafault monitor instead of P&P.

So any changes made have no effect.

Although a very handy program for any thing to do with External Monitors.

Pieter.

Powerstrip couldn't read the EDID from the SGI either. Powerstrip has a way to override Windows in setting custom resolutions and stuff so that it'll work. The SGI 1600SW is not a native DVI display. It has a proprietary high-end interface I think it was call LDS or something which is the same thing used on notebooks. Intel was the one who made DVI the standard. The SGI requires a external media box that converts Analog VGA and DVI to the native interface. That's the only reason the SGI has a lot of adjustments and things that normal LCD displays don't have. Ofcourse, for $2500 - it better have a lot... The SGI is actually built by Mitsubishi Commercial for SGI and is just a smaller version of the Apple 22" Cinema Display. The 22" ACD originally was made by Mitsubishi when it was $4000 and then when the price went to $3000, they switched to LG Philips. I wished I had a Samsung panel to test but the problem is that my last Dell Inspiron 8200 I ordered was at the end of production and the original machine they shipped did come with the Samsung panel except FedEx lost the package in their warehouse after arriving in San Francisco so Dell sent me a replacement and it came with the Sharp display again.

Guest Gialdy
60.72/20.33 -> black bar.  And exactly the same EDID as before (when there  was a black bar).

ministeve:

Same EDID as before??? what are you refering to?

____

are you using 52.16?? vuz 53.16 is not available.. :)

Edited by dontknow

Guest Gialdy

60.72/20.33 Working in Satellite Pro 6100.

Black bar with SoftEDIDs at 1.

Standby still not working.

I haven't try with any other SoftEDIDs.

Seems to me that the screens looks sharper and with better colors.

One thing positive about 60.72 is that on a majority of past versions ever since WinXP SP1 originally came out, I would the icons for My Computer, My Documents, My Network Places, Recycle Bin where it will revert back to the defaults on the desktop when I logout but 60.72 fixes the problem. I already reported the issue with 60.72 and the SGI display to Nvidia Support. Hopefully they'll fix it. There is still a issue with the firmware on both the GeForce4 and GeForce FX series where it shows horizontal lines going through the characters when it's doing 80x25 full screen which wasn't there on the GeForce 3 Ti500. Nvidia was able to reproduce it and will be working on it. Ofcourse, that ticket from August 2003 somehow expired and got deleted so I had to resubmit it again.

60.72/20.33 -> black bar.  And exactly the same EDID as before (when there  was a black bar).

ministeve:

Same EDID as before??? what are you refering to?

I meant, the EDID that I find in my registry when there is a black bar is just the same with every driver that causes a black bar, and 60.72 is no exception. When there is no black bar, I find a rather different EDID in the registry, than the one I find when there is a black bar. Given this correlation, it however hard to say if the settings in the EDID have anything to do with the black bar at all---since it is impossible to force an EDID in the registry in order to test if the black bar is affected, as I reported.

BTW which nVidia bios version are you using and which operating system?

I just tied 60.72 and its horrible for FarCry (which is the only game I'm playing right now). The textures don't render properly. Most of the scene is made up one massive light blue texture with only the gun and some enemies visible. The textures of the walls and ground can be seen at close range but just barely. I'm going back to 56.64.

Guest Angel

I was testing it out on UT2K4. The texture isnt so great also. The graphics is a little cloudy... I mean.. when the background is black.. it's showing up as a little grayish. Only happens on lower resolution like 1280x800. It looks great on 1600x1200 and above.

I'm still keeping this for a while since it runs better than any other driver. It's a performance driver not really into quality image.

Yes, there is one. Its version is displayed in display properties|settings|advanced|<your video card tab>, should be a string of the form x.yy.zz.vv.ww (I think).

Gialdy, you own one of the models which are most frequently affected by the black bar problem, I'd like to ask you, could you take part in Pieter's data gathering effort ? All you have to do is read the first post (Pieter's) in the topic

Support|Toshiba owners look within

and post a message there with the requested info, especially the voltage of your power supply. Thanks in advance

Guest r.y.a.n

These work pretty good for me, the screen turns off when you close it (at least untill you move the mouse, then it comes back on, but no garbage!) and suspend works!

In the geforce display properties it even shows a little laptop instead of a monitor :)

So far the only thing I've had problems with (might not even be related to these drivers) is that painkiller runs at like 1fps and goes double-vision, then my hdd starts making horrid sounds, and the game has to be closed (which takes 5 mins)...

Guest RV4 Guy

On my 2.4 8500 with GF4 4200, these drivers work fine. 3D mark has plummeted from 10,200 to 8,500 at a 225/515 overclock but Aquamark 3D has just moved a fraction from 14,000 to 13,850. Playing BF1942 the other day, all seemed fine.

I'll report back later if I have a problem with any game. The screen closing, power off, resuming etc. are all fine so there is a definite improvement over the 5x.xx drivers here. Like the new nview panel and looking forward to trying the TV out this weekend.

After being happy with these drivers on my D800 (4200go), I'll have to review my opinion:

* I've had several BSoD's when running undocked. Somehow the video card is overheating and makes the system crash. Control panel has Overclocking disabled.

* Ever since running these drivers, my wireless network doesn't work undocked. I'm not sure if it's related, but there's definitely something fishy going on when undocked.

Anybody the same probs?

oVan

I had some BSOD's with the 60.72's as well. I could recreate it on occasion while doing something with OpenGL and then attempting to play a video. I've sinced moved back to a 57 driver.

Guest big_gie

I'm using v60.72 since its out and its working ok.

-No "blank" screen instead of shutted down screen.

-Hibernation seems to work 3 times on 4...

-Sleep seems to work but i don't use it

-When I logging or when I open the display setting my display flashes.

I upgraded to see if I could play Counter-Strike and have Matlab on my computer. Having v4x.xx on my computer I couldnt have both installed on my computer!!! I'll test this this afternoon...

if hibernation "does not work" then you'll have to check the eventviewer to see which application prevent it. So if you use i.e. NERO and Burn a CD then hibernation obviously will not work.

Guest big_gie
if hibernation "does not work" then you'll have to check the eventviewer to see which application prevent it. So if you use i.e. NERO and Burn a CD then hibernation obviously will not work.

Hum thats a good info to know... I suspected that it could be a program that didn't like hibernation and crashed the computer when it was waking up. Where should I look for "hibernation errors": in "Application", in "Security" or in "System"? thank you.

Look in system for win32k, yellow wxclamation marks. Besides that you should track down all other yellow exclamation marks and red symbols in both system & application category and try to fix it. Will speed up the OS.

Guest RV4 Guy

Since I added to this thread I tried to get TV Out to work. I take DVD's recorded on my "under the TV" recorder to hotels as I work abroad so TV Out is very important to me.

Anyway, I could only get black and white TV Out however much I played. Eventually I uninstalled, ran Driver Cleaner, and put back the 44.03's with 1.55 inf.

All perfect again but I am fingers crossed that Far Cry will be OK (if ever my retailer gets it back in stock :) )