LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Quadro Go1400

ofelas

Hi all, any news on this GPU? Like, is it the same form factor as the Quadro Go1000 as offered by Dell? Wondering if it'll fit inside the Precision M60 :)

It probably won't fit as it's based on the NV40 core (go6800) and will probably go PCIe.

Altough it would be nice to add to a M60, kick some serious booty.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like the M70 is coming out next month... :)

Dell going NV40, better late then never, will there be a go6800 based Inspiron as well ?

You'll be up for the M70 then Ofelas, we'll need someone to benchmark the Quadro go1400.

Not sure about the Inspiron...the 9200 still has the ATI 9700...I will try & get an M70 the same week it is released for benchmarking purposes.

Will the M70 go the PCIe way with RAID ?

Not sure at all Pieter...the only thing I've heard is that it will have the Inspiron 9200 form factor...

Either way, I wouldn't say no to one :)

i hate the way dell is going more and more toward ATI, and the worst part is those ATI drivers are buggy as hell, my friend has a 9100 and omg it freeze sometimes on bootup with omega drivers kinda wacky :)

IBM have just their very first nVidia based (go5200) laptop the G40 and G41 series.

This is a shift for them in the opposite direction than Dell.

Probably contracts to supply, shifting alliance.

nVidia have the jump on ATI with the go6800 (especically) and Quadro1400 as ATI have no PCIe laptop product yet.

Even the staunchest manfacturers are switching (ie VoodooPC, Eurocom, Alienware etc)

It's all good for us the consumer, more choice, as the swing swings back towards nVidia until ATI goes PCIe.

ATI defintly has the non PCIe game sewn up except for the go5200, nVidia must be giving these away to manufacturers to get them Market share.

Nothing really gets near the mobility9600/9700

Of course the goQuadro's are in a league of their own as they have no real competition.

wanna no something funny in open gl games i get the same fps as a 64mb 9700 and this is with omega's drivers :)

wait the quadro's compete against fireball's drunk:

Edited by ThE NiTz

• 1 month later...

I rike it, I rike it rots.

No SATA support, and still a maximum of 2GB; wonder why.

Anyway, configured & ordered; has a preliminary ship date of March 15th for the configuration I want.

My M60 may be up for sale soon :)

Today NVIDIA made a press release about the Go 1400:

http://nvidia.com/object/IO_18283.html

A true desktop workstation replacement solution, the NVIDIA Quadro FX Go1400 mobile GPU features the latest NVIDIA® architecture:

New superscalar architecture providing up to 2x the graphic performance of the previous generation

PCI Express offering blazing fast read back performances

256MB of 256-bit frame buffer memory

Rotated Grid FSAA significantly increases color accuracy and visual quality

Industry?s only Shader Model 3.0 support

Full 128-bit Precision Graphics Pipeline

32-bit per component floating point capabilities enable unprecedented image quality

12-bit sub-pixel Precision delivers high geometric accuracy

PowerMizer? 5.0 technology, maximizing battery life

Video Processor enables hardware acceleration of video processing

These features make the NVIDIA Quadro FX Go1400 mobile GPU an ideal solution for professional 2D and 3D designers, video, scientists, engineers, researchers and game developers.

Eurocom are releasing theirs on the 12th, so Clevo, Sager and VoodooPC will be the same no doubt.