LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v66.93, v66.94, v66.96, v66.97 9X/ME, XP 32bit, XP 64bit | NV

®®®

:: UPDATES

• 18-DEC-2004: updated v66.94 at our download server with NVIDIA's official INF and modes.txt
  • 13-DEC-2004: added v66.94 (Windows 9x) and v66.97 (GAINWARD)
  • 04-DEC-2004: added v66.96 64bit (supports Windows XP 64 bit Edition & Server 2003 plus all Intel EMT-64, AMD Opteron?, AMD Athlon?64 and AMD Athlon?FX 64 CPUs)
  • 11-NOV-2004: Driver updated & repacked to official WHQL version and with 29 Laptop OEM INFs still included :)
  • 09-NOV-2004: now latest NVIDIA official WHQL driver
    added ISSUES RESOLVED and KNOWN PROBLEMS information from official release notes

:: DETAILS

• v66.93
  • mobile driver for NT(SP6).2K.XP.MCE
  • filedate 29-OCT-2004, leaked 07-NOV-2004
  • MultiLanguage, Setup is included
  • WHQL Certified for GeForce 256 through GeForce 6 Series
  • Originally a Leadtek driver, but we ripped out the Leadtek-only installer
  • now released by NVIDIA, see HERE for the official page
    • Release Highlights:
    • Updated driver to WHQL Certified for GeForce 256 through GeForce 6 Series
    • Added support for GeForce 6600, GeForce 6600 GT, and GeForce 6200
    • Added support for SLI?
    • Added support for using HDTV over DVI connectors
    • Added support for 512 MB frame buffer GPUs
    • Added support for advanced DVI timing on all GeForce 6 series GPUs
    • Added support to recognize and display monitor name in all control panels
    • Added support for TV/HDTV setup in the nView Display Setup Wizard
    • Updated Gridlines for easier grid setup and management
    • Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0c and OpenGL® 1.5 support

• this driver includes 29 mobile INFs from the following OEMs:
  • NVAM = ASUS
  • NVAN = ???
  • NVAT = ???
  • NVCH = ???
  • NVCP = Toshiba
  • NVCT = Gericom, Olidata, Zepto, Toshiba, PowerPro
  • NVDM = Dell
  • NVEC = ???
  • NVFL = ???
  • NVFM = Fujitsu
  • NVGM = Gateway
  • NVHB = Compaq, HP
  • NVHM = HP/COMPAQ
  • NVIL = ???
  • NVIV = ???
  • NVLM = ??? (Leadtek?)
  • NVMM = Medion, FIC (manufacturer for different OEMs)
  • NVMT = HiGrade, Issam, Mitac, Gericom
  • NVMV = ???
  • NVMY = ???
  • NVQU = Acer, vprMatrix, BenQ
  • NVSH = ???
  • NVSM = Samsung
  • NVSZ = Sony
  • NVTQ = ???
  • NVTS = Toshiba
  • NVTW = Gericom
  • NVUW = HugeBee, Jewel, Gericom, Alienware
  • NVWI = AOpen, NEC, Medion

This time NVSY.INF is missing (Sony).

We have a new INF here: The NVLM.INF which was unknown before (by me). It'S a strange INF which supports the old 420 GPU , but then also a NV43:

NVIDIA_NV11.DEV_0112.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce2 Go"
NVIDIA_NV11.DEV_0112.2 = "NVIDIA GeForce2 Go "
NVIDIA_NV17.DEV_0176.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce4 420 Go 32M"
NVIDIA_NV17.DEV_0176.2 = "NVIDIA GeForce4 420 Go 32M "
NVIDIA_NV43.DEV_0146.1 = "NVIDIA NV43

• v66.94 (9x)
  • desktop driver for Windows 95, 98, ME
  • filedate ??-???-2004, released 11-DEC-2004
  • WHQL certification ???
  • released by EVGA and latest Windows 9x driver
  • *new* now released by NVIDIA as as latest official driver for Windows 9x
    • Release Highlights:

NOTE: There is a known lock-up issue with the 3dsetup utility that ships with NASCAR 2004 and NASCAR 2005. Please do not run this utility with this driver.

• v66.96 (64bit)
  • desktop driver for Windows XP 64bit Edition and Windows Server 2003
  • filedate 15-NOV-2004, released 03-DEC-2004
  • no WHQL certification
  • released by NVIDIA and latest NV 64 bit driver, see HERE for the official page
    • Release Highlights:
    • For use with Microsoft Windows XP 64-bit Edition for Extended Systems. Please visit Microsoft?s website for more information on this operating system.

• v66.97
  • desktop driver for 2K.XP
  • filedate 17-NOV-2004, leaked 11-DEC-2004
  • with WHQL certification
  • leaked at Station-Drivers and released by GAINWARD
  • meant to be for desktop 6x00 GPUs

:: OPEN ISSUES

As with every released driver, version 66.93 of the Release 65 driver has open issues and enhancement requests associated with it. What follows is a list of issues that are either not fixed or not implemented in this version. Some problems listed may not have been thoroughly investigated and, in fact, may not be NVIDIA issues. Others will have workaround solutions. (copy&pasted from the official release notes)

• GeForce 6600/6800 128MB: 3D Mark 2003 demo mode results in an out of memory error at 1600x1200x32 with 4x antialiasing enabled.
    This is not a bug. The problem occurs because there is not enough memory to run 3D Mark03 in this mode with a 128MB board.
  • Single display modes such as TV only, DFP/LCD only or CRT only provide the best performance and quality from Windows Media Center Edition.
    Dual display modes such Dualview and nView Clone and Span modes are
    not recommended.
  • When using the trial version of WinDVD 6 from InterVideo.com, you may experience TV or DVD playback problems in Windows Media Center if you change resolutions during video playback. This is most often seen when switching from windowed to full screen mode.
    This problem does not occur with the latest full OEM versions of WinDVD or with other Windows Media Center qualified DVD decoders.
  • GeForce 6800: Code Creatures Benchmark shows screen corruption at 1600x1200x32 with 8x antialiasing enabled.
    A fix for this will be included in the next driver release.
  • GeForce 6600: Artifacts appear in the intro videos and during game play in Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness at 1600x1200 and with 4x antialiasing enabled.
  • GeForce 6600: Minor flickering in Return of Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory when antialiasing is enabled at high resolutions.
  • GeForce4 Ti/GeForce 6800: Command and Conquer: Generals has corruption when both antialiasing is enabled in the NVIDIA control panel and in-game image quality is set to "High".
  • GeForce 6800: Aspect ratio is incorrect when movie transitions from 4:3 to 16:9 playback using PowerDVD5 Trail (download from the Cyberlink Web site).
    This is an application issue. The problem does not occur with other DVD players.
  • If you perform a clean driver installation (no previous NVIDIA drivers installed), you must reboot your computer. If you do not reboot, the predefined application profiles will not be activated and you may experience application stability problems.
  • GeForce2, GeForce4 MX, Windows XP: City of Heroes crashes to the desktop intermittently.
    This is not an NVIDIA bug.
  • Windows XP/2000: Clone mode may be set for the GeForce FX 5600 although only one display is connected.
    This setting causes a drop in the performance of 3D applications. The workaround is to use the NVIDIA control panel to reset the system to standard mode from clone mode.
  • Windows XP, GeForce FX 5950 Ultra: Homeworld2 antialiased performance is slow.
    This is not an NVIDIA bug, but is a known issue with the application. A game patch 1.1 is available at ftp://ftp.sierra.com/pub/sierra/homeworld...te_en_10_11.exe .
  • Windows ME: CodeCult benchmark does not run properly.
  • GeForce FX, Windows ME: Gunmetal Demo intro movie does not display properly.

As with every released driver, version 66.94 of the Release 65 driver has open issues and enhancement requests associated with it. What follows is a list of issues that are either not fixed or not implemented in this version. Some problems listed may not have been thoroughly investigated and, in fact, may not be NVIDIA issues. Others will have workaround solutions. (copy&pasted from the official release notes)

• see release notes link

:: ISSUES RESOLVED

Significant issues resolved in driver version 66.93 (copy&pasted from the official release notes)

• Windows XP, Quadro FX 3400: CATIA - Extra lines displayed on Structural Anlaysis.
  • Windows XP, Quadro FX 3000, IBM T221 panel, DG5: Desktop appears elongated when HRSD is selected.
  • Windows XP, Quadro FX 4000: Main grid is corrupted when starting Lightwave 8.0/7.5.
  • Windows XP, GeForce FX 5700 Ultra, GeForce 6800: Corruption with vehicles and clouds in Sim City 4.
  • Windows XP, GeForce PCX 5750: Command and Conquer Generals back screen is white (or green).
  • Windows Media Center Edition: Live TV or DVD playback may stall or stutter when using the ?Smart? deinterlacing setting in the NVIDIA DVD Decoder.
  • GeForce FX 5200, Windows NT 4.0: Crash in Quake3 ver. 1.32 with Multiview.
  • GeForce 6800, Windows XP: Corruption in the Far Cry loading screen before the map loads at 1600x1200x32 or greater resolutions with antialiasing enabled.
  • Quadro FX 4000, Windows XP, Lightwave 8.0/7.5: Main grid is corrupted on startup.
  • GeForce FX 5950 Ultra, Windows XP: Deus Ex 2 door button shader disappears.
  • GeForce 6800, Windows XP: Corruption after screen shot attempted with antialiasing enabled in Far Cry.
  • GeForce 6800: Cannot set refresh rate of 48 Hz for 3840x2400.
  • Quadro FX 1100, Windows XP, Autodesk Inventor 8: Mipmapping is broken.
  • Windows XP, Quadro 400 NVS: Non-admin accounts can enable multiview, but an error message appears after rebooting the system.
  • Modo application crashes with GeForce Products.
  • Windows XP, GeForce 6800: Microsoft Rallisport Challenge performace drops with antialiasing and lens flares enabled.
  • Windows XP, Quadro NVS 200/280: Roaming profiles cannot be read or written.
  • Windows XP, GeForce4 Ti: Kohan 2 has missing geometry.
  • Windows XP: Manual downclocking does not work but locks to the defaults.
  • Windows XP, GeForce FX 5700 Ultra, GeForce 6800: Corruption with vehicles and clouds in Sim City 4.
  • Windows XP, GeForce4 Series, GeForce 6800: Fog problems with Men of Valor.
  • Windows XP, Windows 2000, GeForce FX 5950: When the digital display is the primary in Clone mode, both TV and DFP are black upon resume from standby.
  • This driver now supports PCI Express under the Windows NT 4.0 operating system.

:: OPINION [*by LSudlow]

66.93 appears to have traded off a tiny bit of speed for some improvement in rendering quality and fewer bugs. 3DMark scores are imperceptably slower, but the white lines many gamers complained of are now much reduced or eliminated entirely.

The unique feature of these drivers isn't in the drivers themselves, but in the wide range of OEM infs that are included in the package. With its new official status and WHQL certification, this is the version nVidia intends for all OEMs to adopt.

It's a very polished and stable release. If you've been waiting for an official, WHQL-certified, up-to-date version, this driver is for you.

:: BENCHMARKS [*by LSudlow]

driver performance comparison charts for some GPUs

for GF2 Go: HERE from Pieter (v16.20 - v61.77)

for FX Go5200: HERE from Larry (v5x.xx - current)

for FX Go5700: HERE from Sky-Dexter (v65.73 - current)

:: DOWNLOAD & x-click-but21.gif

This and all other drivers available at LaptopVideo2Go are 7-zipped and come as a self-extracting archive for your convenience. We take care that your download time/traffic is minimized by compressing the driver in an optimized way. The method we had developed first is a service that you'll only find here proper working.

filesize 14.098.785 bytes | MultiLanguage

Driver v66.93 for NT (SP6) | filesize ~20 MB

Driver v66.93 for XP MCE | filesize ~26 MB

filesize 12.076.001 bytes | MultiLanguage

filesize 16.651.268 bytes | MultiLanguage

filesize 14.081.799 bytes | MultiLanguage

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v66.93 | modded especially for Laptops, but also has Desktop card support

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v66.94 (Windows 9x) | modded especially for Laptops, but also has Desktop card support

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v66.96 (64bit) | modded especially for Laptops, but also has Desktop card support

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v66.97 | modded especially for Laptops, but also has Desktop card support

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v66.93 | Performance optimized

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v66.96 | Performance optimized

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v66.97 | Performance optimized

Pieter's No Tweaks INF modified for v66.93 | Original INF, which now recognizes all Laptop and Desktop cards; nothing else was changed!

Larry's DELL 5150/5160 optimized INF

Teraphy's Toshiba "BlackBar PHP Fixer" | choose from all drivers and get your customized Anti-BlackBar-INF

Teraphy's "PHP INF enhancement" page | enhance your INF by choosing from a variety of settings (incl. Toshiba Blackbar fix) for all Laptops

nVLiTE page | choose the language to keep and rip out the rest; delete SETUP and other unneeded files to make the driver as small as possible

:: INTENDED CARDS FROM ORIGINAL INF

v66.93: see attached INFs

v66.94 (9x): see attached INF HERE

v66.96 64bit: see attached INF HERE

v66.97: see attached INF HERE

//corrected links

all_30_Original_v66.93_INFs.zip ( 131.99k ) Number of downloads: 305

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• ®®®

• Bill

• ofelas

Top Posters In This Topic

News of the graphics gliches being fixed is good news to me, as I have them with the other 66 drivers.

I modded the Dell INF and am about to test it.

If it works good I will upload the Dell INF here for all you Dell users to use.

As before I enabled all of the pages except overclocking.

Bill

So you can provide an optimized DELL 8200 INF?

This would mean we have now a variety of DELL INFs. Larry's and yours.

Am downloading, will upload this version later today.

Release Highlights:

Updated driver to WHQL Certified for GeForce 256 through GeForce 6 Series 
Added support for GeForce 6600, GeForce 6600 GT, and GeForce 6200 
Added support for SLI? 
Added support for using HDTV over DVI connectors 
Added support for 512 MB frame buffer GPUs 
Added support for advanced DVI timing on all GeForce 6 series GPUs 
Added support to recognize and display monitor name in all control panels 
Added support for TV/HDTV setup in the nView Display Setup Wizard 
Updated Gridlines for easier grid setup and management 
Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0c and OpenGL® 1.5 support 
* WHQL Certified for GeForce 256 through GeForce 6 series.

Pieter, while repacking, pls include the 29 OEM mobile INFs from Leadtek!

or are they also included in the official NVIDIA release?

I mad at these drivers, all of the 66.xx drivers I have tried so far give me graphics bugs. (I think)

Since a new one comes out every couple of days I have a lot to test though.

You guys can delete my first post in this thread if you want, or do you want me to still put out an INF?

I need to add some more stuff to it though first.

Bill

Pieter, while repacking, pls include the 29 OEM mobile INFs from Leadtek!

or are they also included in the official NVIDIA release?

They arn't incuded but will add. :)

Sorry Bill, wrong 'Quote'

I mad at these drivers, all of the 66.xx drivers I have tried so far give me graphics bugs. (I think)

Since a new one comes out every couple of days I have a lot to test though.

You guys can delete my first post in this thread if you want, or do you want me to still put out an INF?

I need to add some more stuff to it though first.

Bill

They arn't incuded but will add. :)

Huh?

What are you talking about?

I just said these latest drivers all have graphics rendering problems and that I don't like that and want to find a good recent driver that doesn't.

What do you mean by "adding" something?

You want me to put that INF up then?

Since this is an officially released driver now people might want a modded Dell INF I would think.

If/When I get it finished and polished up, I will post it.

Is this WHQL'd for the Mobile OEM infs as well?

Any issues with TV-Out, Standby/Resume or Hibernate?

Thx.

Hi Ofelas,

no it's not. The .CAT file (Catalogue file = Windows Hardware Quality Labs Certificatrion) is only valid and appropiate with the *unmodified* version of the driver & INF. It has like a checksum saved in it which is checked on installation and if only one byte is different the result is the loss of the WHQL status.

So a driver can be tested by Microsoft and given the WHQL certificate, but with each and every time you put in a modded INF from here you loose the official WHQL status. Since working here for LaptopVideo2Go and having seen every release of NVIDIA and having it archived i NEVER saw a WHQL certificate for all those 29 Laptop OEM INFs. The exception is the one shipped OEM driver for your Laptop and DELL. (//edited)

I can personally say that even the drivers who come with like 29 OEM INFs don't always have to work correctly with your Laptop. I mean i defenitely need the MAPOSD3toNV value set to 2 in all newer 6x.xx drivers to successfully resume from Standby, but in each and every INF (even the last Microsoft WHQL'd v66.10 WindowsUpdate driver) where they put in the 460Go, they still have this value set to 3 instead 2. So i doubt the effectivity of the WHQL certificate for Laptops.

I've tried installing the 66.93 driver with Pieter's modded inf. However, when I restart, I get a white line (about .25" wide) across the screen and that's it.

Anyone else seeing this? Have I done something wrong?

One thing I've noticed that's different than usual, is that this driver comes with 2 .inf files...the normal nv4disp.inf, but also a nv4disp2.inf. Could this be the source of the problem?

I'm on a Dell Precision M50.

Thanks!

What graphics card do you have Junior?

You need to tell us that first.

Do you get that white line with other 66.xx drivers or with the Dell INF on this one. It is the NVDM INF.

When you put in the mod INF you should delete both of the other INFs in there.

He must have a Quadro 700 or ^000. The white line is indeed starnge. You said it: always delete both and every original INF you find in the original driver and then copy in Pieter's INF. (sorting for file extension helps...)

:)

Driver updated to WHQL version with OEM INFs still included

Regarding the WHQL status of this driver and generally what i said above of how "really" WHQL proves the functionality you should read this interesting articles at X-bit labs http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display...1104013009.html. They explain the testing method with MS DisplayCompatibiltyTest Kit procedure (not too much details, so don't worry) and how they sometimes are "friendly" to OEMs even if a driver didn't pass a test.

They explain the testing method with MS DisplayCompatibiltyTest Kit procedure (not too much details, so don't worry) and how they sometimes are "friendly" to OEMs even if a driver didn't pass a test.

nVidia must then be a friend, as they don't have a good history of bug free WHQL driver releases.

I tried again to install the 66.93 driver with Pieter's inf, this time deleting both the .inf files that come with the driver. I got the same result - wide white line displayed with nothing else.

I did notice that Pieter's inf file 30.39 says 30.37 in its header. Is it possible that the link to the file has an error in it?

Thanks again for the patience/help.

What BIOS version for your system are you running? Also, what is your Quadro4's BIOS number as well? You can check that part in the display driver properties.

Kamika007z,

I'm running DELL BIOS A12 (newest from DELL), and my video BIOS is 4.28.20.25.13.

Sound right? I think I'm up to date on all of DELL's releases, plus I'm currently running nVidia 61.77 with Pieter's moddded inf.

Thanks for the help.

I am so sorry to ask a "newb" question, but here goes:

My laptop has a strange resolution (1280x856) and I have found the mode lines in the old drivers the manufacturer supplied (30.82)...

Where in the custom .inf files should I drop in the mode lines, and is that actually going to be successful?

Is there something in this new nv4disp.inf file I have to change...or just remove it altogether...

Thanks for your time.

Any successful files I end up with I will host for any other VPR Matrix users out there.

-Demus

Welcome demus,

My INFs (all but the tweakless one) support 1280x854, is this what you mean?

The INFs I make have support for alot of resolutions that nVidia doesn't have in their stock standard INFs.

If you have a different resolution let me know and I'll add to future INFs.

Don't add the modes lines to the newer driver INFs as it won't work.

Hope this helps.