LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v66.93, v66.94, v66.96, v66.97 9X/ME, XP 32bit, XP 64bit | NV

®®®

after loading one of your .inf files the secondary monitor has all the setting options and the primary has only a single setting (800x600x4bit).

Any idea how to switch them around so my primary has all options and my secondary has the single?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• ®®®

• Bill

• ofelas

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you uninstall old driver first ?

With a clean install my modded INF the LCD should be the primary monitor.

In the display properities under nView isplay properties set the LCD to Primary and then apply.

This should then exchange the settings.

ok, so now this gets a little wierder...

after a clean install, by which I mean clean XP install and using the 66.93 driver and updated .inf I had the full range of options for the primary display until I tried to go to the advanced button and look at the nvidia driver info page. at that point the unit flash and went back to the 800x600x4bit for the primary and full options for the secondary. Ive noticed that I can't get any of the nVidia specific tabs to load into the advanced button when I install from the altered .inf files...perhaps that has something to do with it.

After I load the driver from the device manager, should I run some of the executable in the install directory to include nview functionality and so forth?

getting better, but not there yet.

-Demus

Try installing with the Tweakless INF (uninstal first to remove all settings).

The Tweakless INF has no extra settings and no support for 1280x854 but will be a good test to see if the problem goes away.

First, thanks for all the help so far...

Now, here's where I'm at:

Clean install, no video drivers beyond standard vga adapter that XP defaults with. Loaded the 66.93 with tweakless .inf (30.39) using the update driver option from the device manager.

after load the device is ready to use without restarting. At that point I can switch the settings to my 1280x856x32bit on my lcd display (main monitor) and everything is beautiful. If I click on the advanced button to check the nVidia pages I get an ugly flash and my screen instantly resets to the primary monitor having only 800x600x4bit and the secondary (external) having all the options.

If I don't click the advanced button and restart the laptop, from the welcome screen on the system has 4bit 800x600 as the only option and in display settings I can see that the secondary has all of the aditional options.

In either case there are no nvidia or nview option pages in the display settings advanced section.

If anyone can give me any guidance please, I'm desparate.

should I be trying with older drivers? is there something in the .inf I can switch around to try and solve this?

Thanks so much for all the help so far. I know I am very close...

There's one thing i need to mention regarding the restart:

When updating a the driver (another version is already installed) most times there's no need to reboot.

If you make a clean install of the nVIDIA driver (means no other version is currently installed) you NEED to reboot to let the nVIDIA Control Panel let install itself correct and have access to it.

I'm interested in your VideoBIOS version. Can you post the version?

ok, so another update.

After trying with three different drivers, I have narrowed down the problem. After a driver loads, I can set the display at the correct resolution, check dxdiag and even sign into WoW. but if I load the cpanel, either by clicking the advanced button or restarting the laptop, then I can actually see the panel loading and I get an error message about the panel making changes to my settings. those changes are BAD...is there some way to tell the cpanel to knock that off? or just go in a reset the values to something that works again?

you guys are great, thanks for all the help on this.

-demus

Add the following line to the [nv_ControlPanelSettings] section of your inf:

HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak", DisableApplyColorsAtStartup, %REG_DWORD%, 1

...then reinstall and see if it helps.

These are your original settings from the v30.39 driver:

[nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings_NV17]
HKR,, Mobile,                      %REG_DWORD%,    3
HKR,, UseHWSelectedDevice,         %REG_DWORD%,    1
HKR,, RMMaintainDevs,              %REG_DWORD%,    1
HKR,, DualViewMobile,              %REG_DWORD%,    1
HKR,, PushBufferMemorySpace,       %REG_DWORD%,    2
HKR,, DevSwitchSuppressMask,       %REG_DWORD%,    1
HKR,, SoftEDIDS,                   %REG_DWORD%,    1
HKR,, RMMaintainScaling,           %REG_DWORD%,    1
HKR,, RMMaintainTVStandard,        %REG_DWORD%,    1
HKR,, MapOSD3ToNV,                 %REG_DWORD%,    3
HKR,, EnableAGPFW,                 %REG_DWORD%,    1
HKR,, ReqAGPRate,                  %REG_DWORD%,    4
HKR,, "Attach.ToDesktop",%REG_DWORD%,1
HKR,, "DefaultSettings.BitsPerPel",%REG_DWORD%,16
HKR,, "DefaultSettings.XResolution",%REG_DWORD%,800
HKR,, "DefaultSettings.YResolution",%REG_DWORD%,600

Try comparing these with Pieter's INF and add the missing HKR setting and values.

I installed the new driver with the modified inf but still seem to be running on the old (8/15/2002) driver. I uninstalled the old driver before installing the new one. I did notice that there were TWO .inf files inside folder extracted from the downloaded file - nv4_disp.inf and nv4_disp2.inf. Should I replace both those files, remove the second one, or what else? Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Here's my comp's info:

Toshiba 5202-S505

Windows XP

Nvidia GeForce4 460 Go

Bios: Version 4.17.0059

I installed the new driver with the modified inf but still seem to be running on the old (8/15/2002) driver

Joel pls. take caution that you update your druver exactly as described here http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=33 . Picture 3 is important

Check "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install."

Also youre rightr: delete both inf files and put in Pietr'S inf

Guest lcaamano
News of the graphics gliches being fixed is good news to me, as I have them with the other 66 drivers.

I modded the Dell INF and am about to test it.

If it works good I will upload the Dell INF here for all you Dell users to use.

As before I enabled all of the pages except overclocking and have the profile page enabled instead of the OpenGL page.

Bill

How did your 8200 inf work? I installed 66.93 with the performance inf and it seems to be working OK but I need to give it more time and use to be sure. However, I suspect that an 8200 specific inf would work better, wouldn't it? Hence the question.

It would be great if you posted your 8200 inf.

Thanks in advance.

--

lpc

Wow somebody wants me to release it!

I enabled extra stuff in it, although in my opinion the Dell INF doesn't really run any better than Pieter's regular INF.

If you want performance use his performance INF.

As far as the I8200 goes, you will see every single page that Pieter's regular tweaked INF has except overclocking, although when I installed this driver with this INF some pages were hidden at first, and I had to unhide them but they were there, if anybody knows how to tell the driver to have all pages show up when it is first installed, please tell me so I can add it to the INF.

I am talking about the menu editing page in the drivers.

Its been a while since I installed this driver with this INF but it ran fine.

Any comments on the INF would be appreciated.

I think it is nice to release this INF since this is an official driver on Nvidia's page.

Bill

P.S. If you want overclocking enabled just ask, I can tell you how or point you to a reg edit file that can turn it on for you.

Modded_Dell_66.93_INF.zip ( 8.98k ) Number of downloads: 44

Careful, Bill... This is exactly how I got started!

:)

Careful, Bill... This is exactly how I got started!

lol

I have released modded Dell INF's before, so I know what I am getting in too. :)

There is not too big of a demand for it though.

I actually know somebody in person that also has an I8200, so I need to get him to try a driver from here with either Pieter's INF or one of mine....

I would link to the other INFs I released or stay and talk but I have to test out this PC that I just built, and then go to my bibile study group.

I will of course post pics of the PC when I have time, it has a window and lights and everything, although its not particuallary (spelling?) fast, it is pretty cool looking.

You need to download my INF and give me suggestions, Pieter won't update his tweaks page so I don't know what like 1/4 of his tweaks do.

Bill

NewBie question,

I am running 53.03 on a Toshiba 5205-S504 laptop with a 460 Go 32 meg video.

Am I asking for trouble trying this new driver??

53.03 is working well, but I am curious if the new driver has anything better in the DirectX 9.0c support that would improve anything.

Well...you have a Toshiba, so you might get the black bar issue, but you should try this driver.

Well,

No black bar... but here is what I get...

Games launch and then imediatly minimize to the task bar!

I can not even ALT-TAB to them it just goes right back down... really fells like some sort of MODE problem?

Maybe AUTO SCALING problem?

Anybody seen this?

OH and the default res for this laptop is 1400x1050

Which I do not see in the Mode.txt that comes with the driver... could that be the problem?

Ok I THINK I fixed it......

I found the original drivers for this laptop & I right clicked & ran INSTALL on the .cfg file that came with them which includes the correct MODES for this laptop.

Seems to have done the trick as games now load and scale properly...

I am a little worroed about what else the config file may have changed, the driver version still says 66.93.

But I am worried about some of the other PATH's that the cfg file may have changed in Registry.

Could someone take a look at it and tell me what they think?

Thanks

NVTS.INF ( 21.92k ) Number of downloads: 10

Guest jacks77

Hello all, I'm new here and fairly new to installing drivers and such, so I need some advice.

My Dell Inspiron 8000 w/WinXP Pro

What I would like to know, is what driver I need and HOW to install it as:

I thought I would try upgrading my Display drivers since the old one was version 5.01 7-01-200

I downloaded the new Nivida GeoForce Version: 66.93 driver and tried installing them from the supplied download. Rebooted... no change, the old drivers still there, version 5.01 7-01-200.

I then tried deleting the driver from the Device manager, and when I reboot, the old driver is still there! So I read from the NIVIDIA site that you FIRST have to remove the driver by going into Control Panel/add-remove/ and deleting it from there.

Well, it is NOT there in my notebook Add/Remove? It is there on my desktop though.

So, what do I do and how do I install the Version: 66.93 driver? (the modified one you have here)

Thanks in Advance

Try using the "Have Disk..." method, which can be found here,

Let us know if you have any trouble with it.

Guest jacks77
Try using the "Have Disk..." method, which can be found here,

Let us know if you have any trouble with it.

Okay that worked. I didn't install the v66.93 driver yet though.

I installed the NVIDIA Version 2.1.8.3 dated 10/11/2001 to see if it would work/help.

It did! Now the DVD movies play great!

So, should I leave well enough alone or go ahead and install the v66.93 driver?

Would it work on my Dell Inspiron 8000 and make more improvement?

Thanks for the great help... I didn't get any from the Dell support forum.