LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v66.93, v66.94, v66.96, v66.97 9X/ME, XP 32bit, XP 64bit | NV

®®®

Go ahead and try it. If it doesn't work well, you can always go back to the driver you have now.

Good luck!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• ®®®

• Bill

• ofelas

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BrtBendele

I installed the 66.93 performace drivers the a couple days ago. Now my screen barely works... This is how it went down:

Black individual pixels started forming around my mouse. That went away for a while. Then my screen just went black. I couldnt do a regular restart activated by my power button. I had to hold it down and power off. Upon restarting ther ewere pink vertical lines with some black horizontal rectangles everyonce in a while. The only way i could get the screen to look normal is to set on 1024x768x32, any other bpp or rez ruined it. Next, that went black and the only way i can get it to work is 1024x768x32 on an external analog monitor. Even if i restart over and over. I cant see even the bios boot up stuff on my screen.

Im thinking I fried my video card, even though there was no overclocking involved that I know of.

I have a p4m 1.6, 512 ram, GeForce440 Go

Im trying different drivers and it doesnt matter which ones. Is there a way to completely remove my drivers from my hard drive without reformatting? It could be they arent uninstalling correctly.

In my display properties, it says nothing about NVidia anymore. NWiz.exe never runs either.

Guest_BrtBendele,

There is no way you have fried your GPU if you didn't overclock your GPU.

I have performance tweaks in my INFs, they in no way speed the GPU up or cause extra heat to be created.

The driver might not be installed properly (or more like old driver not uninstalled properly).

Unistall driver via Control Panel add/remove programs.

Reboot and install a known working driver.

All should be well again.

With any installation of a new driver, Uninstall old one first, very important.

Get hold of a driver cleaner/remover and try this, driverheaven have a good one.

Hope this helps.

Hi folks,

Just want to give a great round of applause to Pieter for doing all this! :) I had this really nasty problem with Netscape 7.2 on my new Toshiba M2 laptop: sometimes copy / past between an email and a text field on a webpage just wouldn't work, or the text that I pasted would appear in another (!) field on the page :P .. no problem pasting that same text in any other application, so this was a pure NS vs NVIDIA thing which all seemed to be related to the nVIEW Desktop feature. I was using the 46.44 drivers from Toshiba and for some unknown reason I couldn't disable the nView Desktop Manager anymore. If I tried so and logged on again, then it was re-enabled! :)

Now I got the 66.93 installed, and everything is working again like a glinch :( ... that saves me 3 days of reinstalling my laptop from scratch ... :(

Cheers, and keep up the good works!

Pieter aka Ravefiend

No worries Ravefiend, glad to be of help.

This is a hobby that has gotten horribly out of control :)

Welcome to the forums.

to have all pages show up when it is first installed

Isn't that the "NoPages=0" setting, what you looking for?

• 2 weeks later...

Updated 66.94 now that it's been released by nVidia as official win9x driver.

Added modes.txt and replaced with nVidia's INF (slightly different to eVGA's)

Driver is now slightly larger.

No other changes.

Guest legioss

I have found that my gpu is never in the inf files. I always have to edit the inf file myself. My machine is a pre MR M60 with the following info:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_034C&SUBSYS_019B1028&REV_A1\4&1BFA44D4&0&0008

Can you add this to future updates? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

legioss,

I have been adding the Quadro FX go1000 for quite a while in my INFs.

I use this line

NVIDIA_NV36.DEV_034C.1 = "Quadro FX Go1000 "
in my INFs to enable support.

You don't need to add the subsys part as this is device specific.

You are replacing the orignal INF (no Quadro FX go1000 support) with my modded INF ?

What's a "pre MR M60" ?

The inf files modded by the folks on these forums work fine on my "normal" M60.

Pieter - what do you think of my wife's new desktop? Specs in the sig line below.

pre MR is pre manufacturing. basically a beta system. I have never had the INF's posted here work. If I add the subsystem, all is fine. I have had both Dell and Nvidia tell me that drivers that do not include the subsytem for this card will not work.

I had this happen with an HP as well. It was pre mr with a t2 in it. Regular drivers identified it as a mobile 9600, as the device id was specific to the pre mr graphics.

What's a "pre MR M60" ?

The inf files modded by the folks on these forums work fine on my "normal" M60.

Pieter - what do you think of my wife's new desktop? Specs in the sig line below.

Thats not to bad is it, it should just handle her knitting designer program. :)

Very nice indeed, you guys are both kicking some serious booty

pre MR is pre manufacturing. basically a beta system. I have never had the INF's posted here work. If I add the subsystem, all is fine. I have had both Dell and Nvidia tell me that drivers that do not include the subsytem for this card will not work.

I had this happen with an HP as well. It was pre mr with a t2 in it. Regular drivers identified it as a mobile 9600, as the device id was specific to the pre mr graphics.

This is very odd as 1000's of people install using my INFs with no Subsys keys.

Others with the M60 and the Quadro FX go1000 have it working.

Are you running Windows XP MCE ?, this seems to not want to install with my INFs (in some cases)

Interesting; I have a retail M60, with a "pre production" QuadroFXGo1000 installed; Pieter's drivers have always worked fine as is for me.

It might be XP MCE, there have been a couple of reports now of this happening.

That is ofcourse if he's got MCE.

Guest legioss

sorry, no MCE here. The machin came to me with XP and 2K preinstalled. I tried again last night and still the same. I am going to dig more into the latest driver I have from dell and see what the difference is.

Thanks guys for giving this some brainspace. I want a simple install the the rest of you.

If you're trying Official Dell WHQL drivers, try these for XP/W2000-

Latest WHQL driver -

ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/video/R88801.EXE

Best performing & most stable WHQL driver -

ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/video/R73978.EXE

Post back with your results.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jimbo40

Hello guys

66.93 drivers have a setting clock and mem that will not change.

I set to manual, they show 0 Core 0 mem and will not change.

I have this problem with most of the 6x.xx drivers

50's change fine, but these 66.93's look real good and I don't want to have to use powerstrip.

Please help.

• 3 months later...
Guest 3D WORLD
Welcome demus,

My INFs (all but the tweakless one) support 1280x854, is this what you mean?

The INFs I make have support for alot of resolutions that nVidia doesn't have in their stock standard INFs.

If you have a different resolution let me know and I'll add to future INFs.

Don't add the modes lines to the newer driver INFs as it won't work.

Hope this helps.

:) :) :P

CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE SITE WHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD LATEST DRIVER FOR

FX 5200.

You can get them here:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/

Also, if you have WinXP and a desktop card the current latest official ones on nvidias site are here. http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_71.89.html

If you have a laptop with GF FX 5200 go, you need drivers from here and Pieter's corresponding INF, instructions are here: http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/pages/instructions.htm

Hope this helps.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Hi there.

I've got some problems with the 66.93 driver for my geforce fx 5600go.

I chose the 5600 desktop version and forced to install them, because there is no entry for the "go" version. When it's finished I can open the NVIDIA driver settings and it displays GeForce 5600go, so it has detected that I have a notebook graphics card in my system. That's how I did this.

As mentioned before there are some problems: when my GRT715M switches to standby mode, It does not reactivate the screen after getting it back from standby mode. Also OpenGL applications seem to freeze after a short period of time. On the other hand the newer driver improves the 3d performance by about 20% in OpenGL and DirectX.

I tried Pieter's INF file and it worked but I have huge performance issues in Doom 3 and Media Player classic 6.4.8 with DirectX9 3d surface renderer with enabled shaders like deinterlace OR emboss enabled.

Like I said with the original 66.93 INF file I had no problems with performance.

• 4 weeks later...

Have you tried adding this switch in the original INF under the [nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings]?

HKR,, MapOSD3ToNV,                 %REG_DWORD%,    3

Let us know,

Kamika007z

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Sorry for answering this late but I guess I fixed all my problems.

I haven't tried out your your switch Kamika007z. (anyway thx for your help)

Instead I used the nvsz.inf + additional tweak settings in the drivers config and it worked fine.