LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Quadro 700

Guest Charliedogg

Guest Charliedogg

Hello,

Great site, I have learned alot. I was wondering what everyone that has a quadro 700 vid card was using for a driver? I'm currently using one from Omega. Everything looks good but I don't have the screen brightness controls via the keystokes. (fn+the arrow keys).

My setup is an I8100, PIII 1g, 512mb ram, quadro4 700go gl with Omega 1.4523 driver with video bios 4.28.

I have tried 65.73 but I couldn't hibernate and couldn't get the right screen res. Thats as far as I got with that one till I uninstall and went back to Omega. I would like to get the brightness control without having to go through the bios screen and still keep the hibernation.

Thanks and keep up the good work. You guys definitely help the little guys like me out.

Charliedogg

Maybe you should try some 66.xx and 67.xx drivers?

The 66.81, 66.93 (official nv one) and the 67.50 are good fast drivers.

Bill

Welcome :)

I would go with the 66.93 as I am not having any problems with this driver. About the brightness controls: they tend to work every now and then. That's really a video card BIOS bug/issue and it's support for the type of LCD's within it. That's Dell's problem and they need to address it. Other than that, everything seems to be working in order on my end.

Hope this helps

Guest Charliedogg

kamika007z,

Thanks for suggestion. I thought that might of been the problem with the video card. Don't want to start messing with the video bios. You don't have any problems playing the latest games or watching DVD's do you? I have also been looking into doing the video card heat mod on my machine. According to fangui my card heats up to about 50C with spikes to 55C degrees. What do guy's think?

Thanks to all again

About video corruption, no I don't get any of that (Thank God!). About heat, 50 to 55C degrees is normal... that's what I get too.

So are you able to run the quadro or not at all? Just to clarify your problem...?

Always a pleasure,

John :)

Guest Charliedogg

No, no problem with running the card. In Fact it is 100% better than the original 32mb card it came with. Just wanted to know what everyone else was using for a driver and if anyone got the brightness controls to work via the FN+arrow keys.

Thanks, :)

Great to hear it! The FN brightness controlls work a good time to time, so I have just learned to just deal with it... about getting more airflow read the first post on this thread:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=6367

:)