LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v67.02, v67.03 XP 32bit | NV

®®®

Hmm I see that more ppl reported BSODs since I mentioned them, so I might as well update my situation. I reverted to the dell 67.42 and everything is working fine, no more crashing and thankfully no BSOD.

My system is a Dell I8600 with a Geforce 5650 Go. I would try the SBA fix since I'm playing source games and would like to use optimized drivers, but the first BSOD I got was nasty enough to corrupt my mouse drivers. I don't particularly want to risk having more problems as I am loathe to reinstall on this machine.

Is anybody else getting the graphcis bugs I got with UT2004 with this driver?

Or with any other driver for that matter?

Im the guy whos video GeForce 440 card burned out, and just to let you know Ive got a new one now and its not having any problems.

Welcome back Brett, did they say what caused your GPU to burn ?

It would seem very unlikely any Software could cause it, unless it was overclocked too far or the fan died.

Yes, I doubt it was the video drivers. These drivers (67.02) are great. Ill let you know if it screws up again. As far as why the card did burn out Im not sure. I know it was a burned out capacitor though... probably caused by too much heat, even though my laptop doesnt get that hot. When it first started messing up, I was laying in bed with it on the covers on my lap, which causes it to get a little hotter than normal. I wont do that again.

Does anyone know what the fastest speed hard drive, or a good hard drive in general for me to upgrade to? Mine seems slow. I want to upgrade my biggest bottle neck in my system this holiday. I couldnt find a Quadro4 700 anywhere. Someone told me you cant upgrade to a 7200 rpm hard drive on the i8200. He said you can run one at 7200 rpm but it wont actually increase in transfer speeds because the board wont support a higher speed.

Anyone know what is the fastest processor I can get for my system? (please give the model serial number if you have it)

Thanks guys this site rules.

The Fastest P4-M you can get for an I8200 is the 2.6 GHz one.

The fastest HD you can get is the one I have, it is the Hitachi 7K60 (7,200 RPM, 60 GB, 8 MB cache) and is much faster than the 5,400 RPM drive I had, which started dying.

I will edit this post with a link to wear I bought mine, its not too hard to install, you just have to know how to take your current one out and remove the adapter from it, then put the new one in place, which mihgt even be smaller, my new one is faster and smaller and quiter than my old one, and does not get as hot.

Its highely recommended.

Bill

Edit: This should be where I bought mine from,

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetai...ductCode=100519

the price is ok and they have free second day shipping....

You can also find it at http://www.newegg.com/...right here... http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-146-020&depa=1

Brett, who ever told you the i8200 can't take a 7200RPM drives, should stick with their day job.

As long as the drive is the same size or thinner than what you have now it will fit and work.

SATA drives arn't going to work, but they are very hard to find.

Like Bill said, his model is the fastest drive available at the moment.

Some things to check first:

Make sure that in the system propertes under HD controllers that you are running your HD in UDMA mode, if it's in PIO mode it will run lots slower.

What can also slow up your computer is RAM, 512MB should be the bare minimum, as any less will swap to to the HD and slow things up.

The other thing is if your HD is fragmemented the files are stores in more than one place on the HD because it's getting full.

If you are more than 75% full, you really need to either remove files or get a bigger HD.

Hope this helps.

Guest prob-man

hello guys,

I've gjust installed the new 67.02 drivers over my old (65.72) ones... but on driver information there have only been a few driver updates (after restart its still my 65.72 that is the main gpu driver) - on properties there are a few new 67.02 options but there are still my old 65.72 as main gpu driver!

Is this normal? I've uninstalled all drivers and installed 67.02 and after restart it seemed that 67.02 are just a few dll and not the whole gpu driver!

(specs:

Geforce FX 5600go

Toshiba Satellite 5200-802, 2,2ghz

thx 4 any help

prob-man, install drivers with the HaveDisk method described here:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=33

Pay attention to picture three!

Using the method exactly as described installs the driver correct.

:)

For the person that mentioned about Alt-Tabbing this is a FACT - I've been having this issue with BFV with every known driver and this game gives me a BSOD almost every single time playing and it usually happens when playing for a period of time and ALWAYS happens if I've done an Alt -Tab any time during game it takes about 5 minutes from an Alt-Tab to happen constantly.

I agree totally with this situation and ALL Nvidia Drivers - if you DON'T Alt-Tab you usually can play without incident - it's always a BSOD with nv4_disp.dll - my hardware is a 5800 Ultra and the driver is 67.03 currently and the above mentioned has happened with EVERY known driver from Nvidia.

I've tried the 70xx version but they totally DO NOT work YET the graphics in games are all garbled and show large triangles and totally messed up graphics.

• 2 weeks later...

personally I'm using the 67.02's the 67.03's gave me BSOD's called BAD_POOL_CALL or something. Usually that kind of fault is a hardware defect, but I ran every test in the book for this lappy and found out that it was the driver.

I'm trying to get the 67.02 drivers to work on my Dell Precision M50 laptop with a Quadro4 700 GoGL. But every time I install the drivers, I can't get the maximum resolution (1600x1200) to display. Instead, I can only go up to 1400x1050, plus the top part of the screen flickers and the taskbar on the bottom of the screen gets cut off. The same thing happens when I try to install 67.22 drivers.

I have a Sharp UXGA LCD, not a samsung. My video BIOS is v 4.28.20.25.13.

My system bios is the latest version A13. My OS is WinXP Pro SP2. I am currently running with 61.77 drivers (at 1600x1200 with no problems) but want to give the newer drivers a try.

Anyone else encounter the same problems or have suggestions as to what may be happening? Thanks.