LaptopVideo2Go Forums

3 screens with NV36 (FXGo1000) on Dell M60

Guest tmakogon

Guest tmakogon

Driver version 67.20 seems to work well on M60 (bios 4.36.20.30.D1). It provides the coveted Horizontal Span mode, as well as the 1280x720 resolution.

I hoped I would use Horizontal Span to get two Viewsonic VP191b monitors hooked through the D-Dock to Dell M60 to be one horizontal spanned display at 2560x1024 to work with the laptop screen set to 1280x720. I also hoped I would be able to add 1280x700 mode for the 1920x1200 laptop screen to make window sizes match better between the two LCD screens and the laptop screen.

What I got is that the two Viewsonics do work as Horizontal Span and I get the taskbar stretched across both screens at 2560x1024. One LCD is on analog cable, another on DVI. However, when I enable the greyed out laptop screen in DisplayProperties-Settings to make all three work at once, one of the Viewsonics loses signal.

My question is: What other settings can I try to get all three screens to work at once without adding an extra video card to the docking station?

Also how can I add a custom 1280x700 resolution? I keep getting the "cannot be added" message.

Neither Dell nor our IT folk could help. You are the last hope.

Thank you.

You can only have a max of 2 screens on at a time.

So the combination of CRT/TV/LCD in a combination of 2.

Clone/Spanning is still considered as 2 screens so enableling another will turn one of the original off.

The add custom resolution seems to only work sometimes :)

is 1280x720 any good to you as this is supported in my INFs ?

Pieter is right. I doubt your card has more than two heads, which would be required to support more than two different screens. However, it may be possible if you find the following inf line

MaximumNumberOfDevices = 2

...and change it to 4.

There may be multiple instances of that line, so be sure you're changing the right one, or else change them all.

If that doesn't work, or if they're already set to 4, add the following line to the [nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings] section of your inf.

HKR,, DevicesConnected, %REG_DWORD%, 255

...and reinstall. Again, if there are multiple [nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings] sections, be sure you are changing the one that applies to your card.

If that doesn't work try the same line this way:

DevicesConnected, %REG_DWORD%, 0x00010101

...which will show you all possible combinations and tell you what your limitations are.

From what I know as far as Nvidia cards are concerned most of the new ones only support 2 monitors, none support 3 that I know of, and a few Quadro cards (desktop) support 4, but those are not very common.

You can look that stuff up over at nvidia if you don't believe me....

Bill

Guest tmakogon

The 1280x720 resolution works fine and makes the screen fonts and windows look on M60 about the same size as on a 19 inch LCD.

I'll try increasing the max number of heads to 4 on Monday as a last attempt. As this may not work, I'll get a second dual-head card in the docking station.

Thank you for your replies.

Regards,

Taras