LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v71.20, v71.21, v71.22, v71.24, v71.25 XP 32bit | NV,MSI,SPARKLE/LEADTEK

®®®

:: UPDATES

• 24-JAN-2004: added v71.25
  • 19-JAN-2005: added v71.21
  • 29-DEC-2004: added v71.24 (SPARKLE)
  • 28-DEC-2004: added v71.22 (MSI), like v71.20 it also includes mobile OEM INFs

:: DETAILS

v71.20 | LV2Go Information file

• mobile & desktop driver for 2K.XP
  • more & detailed informations in the LV2Go Information file
  • supported GPUs: see INF (link is in the .NFO file)
  • no WHQL certification
  • nvoglnt.dll is dated 06-DEC-2004 (in contrary to the rest of the files which are 02-DEC-2004)
  • original driver from TechConnect was zipped ~28MB, unzipped ~31 and now 14,8MB :) , which is 50% savings, also released by GAINWARD now
    Like Almighty1 pointed out HERE there were other sources, but the techConnect one seems to be the most "unmodified" one (biggest filesize). We had bad experience downloading already filesize "optimized" drivers from other pages (like incorrect filenames etc.), so we like to stick with the most original driver.
  • 70s series drivers include a new set of files, this driver is no exception:
    tosgfx.dll is, nvcolor.exe, nvepclnt.exe
  • This driver includes 29 mobile INFs from the following OEMs:

NVAM = ASUS
    NVAN = ??? (Advent ???) (missing)
    NVAT = ??? (Advent ???) (missing)
    NVCH = ???
    NVCP = TOSHiBA
    NVCT = Gericom, Olidata, Zepto, TOSHiBA (Compal made), PowerPro
    NVCU = Creative (missing)
    NVCV = EUROCOM, SAGER missing
    NVDD = DELL (missing)
    NVDM = DELL
    NVDP = DELL (missing)
    NVEC = ???
    NVFL = ???
    NVFM = Fujitsu
    NVGM = Gateway
    NVHB = Compaq, HP
    NVHM = HP/COMPAQ
    NVHW = ??? (missing)
    NVIL = ???
    NVIO = IBM (missing)
    NVIV = ???
    NVLM = ??? (Leadtek ???) *new*
    NVMM = Medion, FIC (manufacturer for different OEMs)
    NVMT = HiGrade, Issam, Mitac, Gericom
    NVMV = ???
    NVMY = ???
    NVQU = ACER, vprMatrix, BenQ
    NVSD = ??? (missing)
    NVSH = ???
    NVSM = Samsung
    NVSY = SONY (missing)
    NVSZ = SONY
    NVTQ = ???
    NVTS = TOSHiBA
    NVTW = Gericom
    NVUW = HugeBee, Jewel, Gericom, Alienware
    NVWI = AOpen, NEC, Medion

v71.21 | LV2Go Information file

• mobile and desktop driver for 2K.XP
  • leaked at OSNN.net

v71.22 | LV2Go Information file

• mobile & desktop driver for 2K.XP
  • filedate 09-DEC-2004, leaked 28-DEC-2004
  • MultiLanguage (all 27 languages supported, but Traditional Chinese is broken due to an CRC error in the original MSI driver)
  • Setup is included
  • no WHQL certification
  • nvoglnt.dll is dated 13-DEC-2004 (in contrary to the rest of the files which are 09-DEC-2004)
  • released by MSI
  • includes a set of MSI Control Panel files:
    ===================================
    [Check for odd files inside driver]
    ===================================
    memtest.dll
    msicpl.dll
    msicpl.sys
    msiuins.exe
    nvapi9x.dll
    nvgpio.dll
    nvclock.dll
    vgauti.sys
    winsys.exe
  • This driver includes mobile INFs from the following OEMs:

NVAM = ASUS
    NVAN = ??? (Advent ???)
    NVAT = ??? (Advent ???)
    NVCH = ???
    NVCP = TOSHiBA
    NVCT = Gericom, Olidata, Zepto, TOSHiBA (Compal made), PowerPro
    NVCU = Creative (missing)
    NVCV = ??? (EUROCOM?/SAGER?) missing
    NVDD = DELL (missing)
    NVDM = DELL
    NVDP = DELL (missing)
    NVEC = ???
    NVFL = ???
    NVFM = Fujitsu
    NVGM = Gateway
    NVHB = Compaq, HP
    NVHM = HP/COMPAQ
    NVHW = ??? (missing)
    NVIL = ???
    NVIO = IBM (missing)
    NVIV = ???
    NVLM = ??? (Leadtek ???)
    NVMM = Medion, FIC (manufacturer for different OEMs)
    NVMT = HiGrade, Issam, Mitac, Gericom
    NVMV = ???
    NVMY = ???
    NVQU = ACER, vprMatrix, BenQ
    NVSD = ??? (missing)
    NVSH = ???
    NVSM = Samsung
    NVSY = SONY (missing)
    NVSZ = SONY
    NVTQ = ???
    NVTS = TOSHiBA
    NVTW = Gericom
    NVUW = HugeBee, Jewel, Gericom, Alienware
    NVWI = AOpen, NEC, Medion

v71.24 | LV2Go Information file

• desktop driver for 2K.XP
  • leaked 29-DEC-2004
  • released by Sparkle, and also by Leadtek and Chaintech too

v71.25 | LV2Go Information file

• desktop driver for 2K.XP
  • leaked 24-JAN-2005 by Station-Drivers and also released 25-JAN-2005 by Leadtek

:: OPEN ISSUES

As with every released driver, version 71.2x of the Release 70 drivers has open issues and enhancement requests associated with it. What follows is a list of issues that are either not fixed or not implemented in this version. Some problems listed may not have been thoroughly investigated and, in fact, may not be NVIDIA issues. Others will have workaround solutions.

:: ISSUES RESOLVED

Significant issues resolved in driver version 71.2x

:: OPINION [*by LSudlow]

As of December 28, these are the newest nVidia drivers on the block. And yes, they do contain the new LOD Clamp that solves the texture shimmering problem that many people experience. Users with high-end cards are reporting faster benchmarks, both game and 3DMark. Unfortunately, that doesn't hold true for my slower FX Go5200. Here's why:

The latest nVidia cards rely on large amounts of fast RAM for texture handling and the 7x.xx series is optimized to take advantage of it. Although FX and earlier cards do work with the new memory management scheme, they can't take advantage of it the way the new cards do. Thus we're seeing faster benchmarks with newer cards, while older cards produce numbers slightly slower than before.

The effect is easily visible when launching "The Sims 2," where opening a new neighborhood requires an enormous amount of texture swapping while zooming down into, and around, the town. With the 67.03 driver this zooming is quite smooth on my laptop. The framerate isn't anything to celebrate, but it's visually consistent and smooth. Using 71.20/22, this same zooming is extremely jerky, with many halts and pauses while textures are swapped in and out of main system RAM. The overall framerate isn't much different, but the visual difference is striking and disappointing.

We've seen this pattern with previous generations of drivers. When a new series is introduced, it's always optimized for the latest cards. Over time, nVidia finds ways to improve performance for older cards as well, though it may never equal the performance of one of the earlier drivers.

If you have a newer card than the FX series, especially one with 256MB (or more) of RAM, you should have excellent luck with either of these. For earlier cards, I recommend staying with 67.03 until the 7x series performance improves.

:: BENCHMARKS [*by LSudlow]

driver performance comparison charts for some GPUs

for GF2 Go: HERE from Pieter (v16.20 - v61.77)

for FX Go5200: HERE from Larry (v5x.xx - current)

for FX Go5700: HERE from Sky-Dexter (v65.73 - current)

:: DOWNLOAD & x-click-but21.gif

This and all other drivers available at LaptopVideo2Go are 7-zipped and come as a self-extracting archive for your convenience. We take care that your download time/traffic is minimized by compressing the driver in an optimized way. The method we had developed first is a service that you'll only find here proper working.

LV2Go Information file[/b]

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v71.20 | modded especially for Laptops, but also has Desktop card support

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v71.21 | modded especially for Laptops, but also has Desktop card support

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v71.22 | modded especially for Laptops, but also has Desktop card support

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v71.24 | modded especially for Laptops, but also has Desktop card support

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v71.25 | modded especially for Laptops, but also has Desktop card support

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v71.20 | Performance optimized

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v71.22 | Performance optimized

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v71.24 | Performance optimized

Pieter's No Tweaks INF modified for v71.24 | Original INF, which now recognizes all Laptop and Desktop cards; nothing else was changed!

Larry's DELL 5150/5160 optimized INF

Teraphy's Toshiba "BlackBar PHP Fixer" | choose from all drivers and get your customized Anti-BlackBar-INF

Teraphy's "PHP INF enhancement" page | enhance your INF by choosing from a variety of settings (incl. Toshiba Blackbar fix) for all Laptops

nVLiTE page | choose the language to keep and rip out the rest; delete SETUP and other unneeded files to make the driver as small as possible

all_INFs_from_v71.20.zip

Edited by ®®®

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ®®®

• mobilenvidia

• Almighty1

• ZZTOP77

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Repackaged driver so OEM Laptop INFs are in a seperate directory.

This will allow easier instalation of modded INFs.

Modded INFs are also up

Enjoy, I must go to work.

We had bad experience downloading already filesize "optimized" drivers from other pages (like incorrect filenames etc.), so we like to stick with the most original driver.

Why is when i write stuff like this i got hit myself from fate :) I really have a problem here right now, and that was before you uploaded the new repacked driver , Pieter:

I got an localization (german) installation error after the reboot with the version i uploaded first. After that i renamed the driver @ server as precaution measure.

Then checking the original driver i found nothing unusual.

Then packing the original driver with our tool i found nothing unusual.

Then installing original driver over v67.02 (without uninstalling first) gave me localization resource error with the DE (german) files.

So i unzipped the original 71.20 TechConnect driver (unexpanded files inlcuded DL_ etc.), reinstalled, rebooted and everything was fine.

Then i uninstalled the original 71.20 TechConnect driver, rebooted and installed the driver treated by our packing tool and everything was fine again ??.

Then i created a new folder and started all over again.

Unzipping the original techConnect driver, using our tool, packing and i got a filesize of 14.868.558 bytes.

Comparing with the filesize i uploaded there was a difference: 14.867.925 :( :P

Then comparing both folders:

TechConnect Original driver folder with the one just created and they were identical :thumbsup: :( :thumbsup:

I used the same identically packing tool version v2.83 (checked with WinDiff: no difference) and both driver folders are also identically (also checked with WinDiff). The ONLY difference was the location of the folders. And that results in a difference of 600 bytes ??? :) :)

What was causing the initial installation error, i can't say. I would think it had to do with installing the driver over the older one without uninstalling the older one, but that's hjust a guess. It could also be something to do with the packing.

i need a coofee :P I never experienced something like this in the whole time packing and uploading drivers for LV2Go :P

I edited my original post of 71.20 since we don't want people getting the drivers at other sources... :)

I just unpacked the driver you had on the server.

Did my rearranging so that that setup.exe will work without trying install the OEM INfs.

Then repacked.

Checked the driver by re-unpacking then uploaded.

Wasn't sure what you ment with the file name.

After the file was OK I just uploaded it, seeing there were no errors.

PM/post me if any problems arise, as in the mornings I only have 30min to get the drivers/INFs up.

So it's a furious chaotic scramble of doing about 4 things at once.

All ended up OK in the end. (phew)

Good job Pieter! :)

P.S. Pieter, the Performance INF on the frontpage for 71.20 is still 30.43 when downloaded.

Performance INF will be 30.44 internally, just forgot to update the version number.

Yesterday was just crazy 6 drivers, it takes it out of a guy.

I'll update. :)

Larry, do i repeat myself when i write your opinion always strikes my head :) ? If so don't worry, it can't be said often enough. I'm overwhelmed by your incisive (had to use LEO to translate that word) summaries.

This one is by far the best one i've ever read probably.

:) Keep up with that, i would miss this!

Nice review Larry :)

I'm waiting for this to be printed in a glossy mag.

Thanks, guys... Much appreciated!

:)

Performance INF will be 30.44 internally, just forgot to update the version number.

Yesterday was just crazy 6 drivers, it takes it out of a guy.

I'll update. :)

Actually, the 30.44 yesterday was identical in size and CRC to the 30.43 you had previously. The current one is correct. Good job regardless! :)

Is it just me or does the Display Optimaztaion wizard doesn't work (nvcolor.exe)

The process statrs, but there is no Menu or something (see pic). The process just stays in the taskbar.

I just restored my image and updated to 71.20, so now i'm experiencing this "issue".

post-11-11031451430_thumb.gif

i tried playing call of duty: united offensive after installing 71.20 and the performance .inf and i cant play it, it flashes so bad, but the original call of duty doesnt do it

im using a 128mb nvidia geforce fx 5600 go in my 3.06 ghz laptop with 1gb ram

Edited by ®®®

Guest acidspawn
Is it just me or does the Display Optimaztaion wizard doesn't work (nvcolor.exe)

The process statrs, but there is no Menu or something (see pic). The process just stays in the taskbar.

I just restored my image and updated to 71.20, so now i'm experiencing this "issue".

had the same problem with the 70.90...

dontknow, I tried display optimization wizard with 70.41, 70.90 and 71.20 and I never see anything after I click on it. It works on my desktop but not the mobile machines. :)

@Almighty1: Tested on a Desktop and it works there, too. But here on Laptop the process only shows up in the TaskBar, have to kill it with TaskManager, no other way to get rid of these.

Pieter, what and where is nv4dtmp.dll? I saw that in the latest 71.20 INF, but never saw that file before. I just searched all the drivers, but no reference, though some of the latest driver i don't have on HD due to download traffic limit.

//EDIT

After looking a second time i figured this whole section is weird (the BOLD ones are double):

[nv.Display]nv4_disp.dll,nv4_disp.dll,nv4dtmp.dll

nvsvc32.exe

[nv.CoInstaller]

nvcod.dll

nvcodins.dll,nvcod.dll

[nv4.Miniport]

nv4_mini.sys,nv4_mini.sys,nv4mtmp.sys

[nv4.icd]

nvoglnt.dll,nvoglnt.dll,nvotmp.dll

The optimizer definitely doesn't work on the Inspiron 5150 or 5160. (I can make it run, but it has no effect.) I've removed it from my custom inf for those machines.

I believe the tmp.dll files are created during the installation process by temporarily renaming the existing files. This allows the drivers to be swapped and updated without first being uninstalled. Neat trick!

Hey man ,

i just got same problem with nvcolor.exe , i just delete it :P

If is not working , why keep it , right ? :)

Man , i got no idea , what i did yesterday, but is it still working. :(

Thats what i got left of it :(

I took that screen shot before i find him useless & delete him :)

post-11-11032518650_thumb.gif

dontknow, you're right since I remember I had like 4-5 of those in the taskbar and I had to kill it too since it wasn't doing anything.

Maybe the wizard doesn't recognized the NV Go cards :P It just searches for internally hardcoded DEV_IDs in the nvcolor.exe :) So it hangs and searches forever :)

Yeah and hogs up resources while at it... hehe

So if you modify that file it will work?

When somebody comes out with a mobile 70 series driver this will work and might be fixeable if we swap out the files from different 70s drivers.

Like we could get this driver working with it...

Hello

I am from Germany. So sorry for my bad english.

At 9.01.2005, i will get a Clevo Clone Notebook with:

Odin E803 Barebone 17"

Geforce 6800 256MB DDRII

17" - PCI Express - DVI - RAID

WSXGA+ 1680 x 1050

Intel P4 3400MHz (550) LGA775/Box/1MB 800FSB/ Prescott

DDRII RAM 2x512MB PC533

Pioneer DVR-K14L 8x DVD Brenner

Samsung SN-324 F Combolaufwerk 8x/24x/10x/24x DVD/CD/CDRW/CD

2x 80GB HDD 2,5" S-ATA MHT-2080BH 5400rpm

WLan 54MBit &Bluetooth f. E803

Interne Webcam

Microsoft Windows XP Professional

I will install this driver on it.

Witch inf can i use?

Greetings from Germany

KaJu

You should use Pieter's regular modified INF.

You should follow the insrtuctions here.

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/pages/instructions.htm

If you have any more questions about which driver to use, which INF to use, ect, feel free to ask.

I should point out that if you are wondering which driver to use for your games, you should check out some of the threads in this forum section.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showforum=12

Bill

Edit: Why did you get a WSXGA+, and not a WUXGA (1920x1200)?

Bill

Edit: Why did you get a WSXGA+, and not a WUXGA (1920x1200)?

Hi

Thanks for Help.

When i got it, and have Problems, i will ask them here.

In Germany, there is no WUXGA (1920x1200) ! :)

The WSXGA+ is the best we can order. :)

Greetings from Germany

KaJu