LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v71.20, v71.21, v71.22, v71.24, v71.25 XP 32bit | NV,MSI,SPARKLE/LEADTEK

®®®

Are you just talking about your laptop model?

Because I know that Dell's and Alienwares come with them, and they have for a while. (some models anyway like the 15.4 inch screen ones)

My screen has a non-widescreen UXGA and it has a higher res than that, and my laptop is over 2 years old!

Anyway, I hope those drivers run nicely for you, if not I would suggest that you uninstall them, then install some 66.xx or 67.xx drivers.

Bill

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ®®®

• mobilenvidia

• Almighty1

• ZZTOP77

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

KaJu,

I'm sure I'm not the only one that would love to see some benchmarks of this powerhouse.

Reply back on the benchmark section and I'm sure you'll take the crown easily.

I'll post the scores on the website for all to see and admire.

Enjoy your rather nice machine.

Hello

Are you just talking about your laptop model?

Bill

Yes. The Clevo 900

KaJu,

I'm sure I'm not the only one that would love to see some benchmarks of this powerhouse.

Reply back on the benchmark section and I'm sure you'll take the crown easily.

I'll post the scores on the website for all to see and admire.

Enjoy your rather nice machine.

Thank you. I will. :)

I hope 10 days until the delivery.

Then i will benchmark him, and let you know the scores. :)

Greetings

KaJu

Be sure to get rid of the 5400 rpm drives and *spendier* yourself 2 HGST 7K60 for even more "Power" (BootTime!) and overall OS response time.

More Power? Is that even possible on this 'Laptop'?

//edit: duh :) S-ATA :) so no 7K60 available

Edited by ®®®

Be sure to get rid of the 5400 rpm drives and *spendier* yourself 2 HGST 7K60 for even more "Power" (BootTime!) and overall OS response time.

More Power? Is that even possible on this 'Laptop'?

//edit: duh :) S-ATA :) so no 7K60 available

Hello

What is faster?

2x S-ATA with 5400rpm

2x S-ATA with 5400rpm and RAID 0

2x ATA with 7200rpm

Greetings from Germany

KaJu

Difficult to say, because i have not read practical tests about that.

I would say 2x S-ATA with 5400rpm and RAID 0 would be theoritical have faster access times than compared to ATA5/6 7200rpm drives.

In identical setups, initial access time and data transfer rate should be faster with S-ATA/RAID as long as the data is in the drive's cache. But the faster spindle should trump everything else, including initial file access when the data's not in the cache (because the sectors arrive at the head faster), and uncached transfer rate (where you're scooping up the bits much more quickly).

S-ATA/RAID perfoms exceptionally well for database serving where the same data blocks are requested repeatedly, making use of the fast transfer from cache. For games and general OS performance, the 7200 spindle should win most comparisons.

However, there are many things that affect actual disk performance, including the OS's disk cache (design, size, and speed), size and speed of HD onboard cache, background tasks, etc. So take all of this with several grains of salt.

And then there is the Western Digital 10,000RPM Raptor SATA Drives.

Gotta love them WD Raptors...they only had 37GB units when I configured the desktop (sig below) so I opted for twin 250GB Seagate SATA drives...

Then i will benchmark him, and let you know the scores.

KaJu - with specs that hot your laptop has to be a gal... :)

And then there is the 2,5" 4200rpm Toshiba MK6021GAS with 512kb Cahce which after short time usage of lets say 11 months :) suddenly produce bad sectors and you can throw it away or have it replaced.

Happened 2 times to me now. :)

dontknow, that used to be what I experienced with the largest/fastest IBM TravelStar notebook hard drives since 1999. They all last 1 year and then the drive completely dies.. Happened 3 times in a row... Good thing these Hitachi 7200RPM 60GB's are good.

They are. :)

The 7K60 is *think* i would describe it as a phenomena. It's simply still (after 1 year on the market) the fastest 2,5" HD available, quiet, reliable, 8MB cache and staying cold.

It's just the nonplusultra for IDE drives in Notebooks! It's simply AWESOME :)

i bought mine at DEC 03 so the "year of 2,5" HDs doom" is almost over.

I don't really know if mines are that quiet anymore since people are complaining about the DVR Seagate ST3120025ACE 120GB HDD and it seems like when my notebook clones itself at night, it's louder than the DVR. hehe. I guess all everyone is waiting for now is larger capacity versions.

This driver is already a classic i guess. All 71.2x versions came with mobile INFs :) Is that a trend?

Guest marhaben

Does this mean that nVidia will start supporting mobile chipsets with its driver releases? I hope so, because Sony hasn't made a release in more than a year. It seems like most manufacturers are unreliable like that...

Although honestly the custom drivers here beat the hell out of any "official release" I've used. Speaking of which, the 71.22 drivers worked pretty well for me except in CS Source, where interestingly enough I got massive audio tears and system lockups. When I both lowered my texture settings and rolled back all the way to 61.77, everything went away. I read near the beginning of the thread that the 70 series of drivers utilizes vram in a different way, could that be to blame for the texture havoc?

Does this mean that nVidia will start supporting mobile chipsets with its driver releases? I hope so, because Sony hasn't made a release in more than a year. It seems like most manufacturers are unreliable like that...

No, nVidia in their official release will remove all those INFs and just leave the desktop one (nv4_disp.inf)

This is the way it is, it would take quite a bit to get all those INFs through WHQL @ Microsoft.

As I have proven most of the OEM settings arn't even required and we here have fixed certain problems our selves (Black bar in Toshiba for example)

Glad to hear that we are providing a good service, we were in the same boat like you not all that long ago.

Imagine what I'd be wasting my time on if I couldn't be here.

Enjoy the forums and drivers.

Added support to the INF for the upcoming go6200/6250/6600/6200TE/6600TE.

INFs for 71.24 added.

This driver is from Sparkle (found it on their server)

Link to 71.24 driver here http://download.laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/70series/7124.exe

Tweaked INF here http://laptopvideo2go.com/infs/70series/7124inf/nv4_disp.inf

Performance INF here http://laptopvideo2go.com/infs/70series/71...rf/nv4_disp.inf

Tweakless INF here http://laptopvideo2go.com/infs/70series/71...ss/nv4_disp.inf

Original INF attached and information file attached

nv4_disp.inf

7124.nfo

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Pieter

Good job :(

After you add INF , no problem to instal :)

But before that , i need add some drivers from 71.22 when i was using INF from 71.22 , whitch was working ok on 71.22 but not on 71.24 .

I add one more pix left overs , so you will get that idea :)

I will run some benchmarks after i wake up :P

post-11-11043948460_thumb.gif

post-11-11043948461_thumb.gif

71.22 came with a MSI control panel and it requires the files in piccy #2.

These arn't in 71.24 so that INF isn't usable (or just ignore errors)

The control panel must only work with a MSI Card or called from other MSI programs as I can't get it to come up.

Enjoy

Yeah Pieter

I kick them out after got no use for them :)

What about NVIDIA_NV36.DEV_0348.2 = "GeForce FX Go5700 " ??? :)

Never mind , i all ready read that :P :(

:(

Edited by ZZTOP77

Can i harm my GPU with that ? :)

:)

Cool then & thank you Pieter

:) ZZ