LaptopVideo2Go Forums

TOSHiBA Satellite 5000, 5100, 5105, 5200, 5205, 1950; DYNABOOK G7 & G8

®®®

hey folks,

dont know if this is the right place to post really....!

I'm searching for someone who could help me out on what settings to use for Speedfan .

I would need details especially for the second tab 'Clock' about the motherboard. I cant find something for Toshiba...?

Wanna do the whole thing to do some testing with my fan as it's getting quiet annoying lately!

Cheers

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ®®®

• sn0wl

• smax

• gmaust

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SpeedFan does not currently (and i doubt i will happen in the future) support OC on Toshiba Laptops. It works on some Desktop mainboards though (the one listed :) .

I would use Toshiba Power Saver to control the CPU clock (Level 1-4 where 1 is 1200 Mhz and 4 is 2000). Also Toshiba Power Saver has always fan control priority over SpeedFan. SpeedFan is able to stop (49%) and start (50%) the fan, but is overrided by TPS, too.

I made a screenshot of my sensor labeling settings for you and attached it. Maybe it helps you playing around with superb SpeedFan.

Btw Fan behaviour is controlled with the Cooling Performance slider in TPS.

post-10-11183323580_thumb.gif

post-10-11183323581_thumb.gif

Hi,

I have Toshiba Satellite 5205-s505 which came with 2x256MB DDR RAM. I want to upgrade it to 2x512MB and I need advise what kind of memory is compatible (besides the type described in the users' manual) and if you can give me some links to manufacturers it will be great.

Thanks

I always use Crucial... They have excellent RAM and help you find exactly what will work with your machine.

http://www.crucial.com/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Marsame

i have got Toshiba Satellite 5200-902, i want to use my laptop internet shop which have wireless work station, i don't know if i can connect with out PCI card.

shoul i need to buy PCI orUSB wireless.

Satellite 5200-902 does NOT come with built-in WiFi card. You should buy an internal one (expensive I guess) or a PCMCI card. Second is recommended, they are really cheap and will work nicely.

Nope, it's totally different. You need a WiFi card to use wireless connection. All you can do with bluetooth is pairing your computer with another one that has a internet connected and make it share the connection through bluetooth connection. Or there may be bluetooth access points or things like that.

Anyway the best thing is to buy a WiFi card.

And the bluetooth may be in the mini-PCI slot, so you probably can't get an internal WiFi card.

Nope it's not, mini PCI slot is empty. When I asked Toshiba service here, they asked for hell lot of money for mini PCI module tho (more than 150$!!).

That would be really nice, please contact me.

:) Pls. mail one copy also to me :) Will upload it to LV2Go for easy access. I wonder what they changed :P

Guest Guest

It was a driver that a Synaptics worker made specifically for me when I asked about wanting to be able to control the backlight timeout. It lets you set the default timeout to whatever you want by changing the registry entry.

I tried the alternate cpad utility that I found on this site but didn't like it because it didn't run any of the old cpad applications (though it claimed that it could) and it couldn't display the calendar as the background image. I'm sticking with my 2.1.4

Guest Guest

If someone posts their email address I'll send you the drivers and the registry entry. It's 3.4MBs so I hope that I can email it.

®®®'s mail is <edited by ®®®: removed due to spam bots :) , just press the mail button in my profile>, you should send it to him.

My email is my w_flemin@bellsouth.net if you email me I can automatically put it on my server, ®®® might be slow to upload it.

Edited by ®®®

It was a driver that a Synaptics worker made specifically for me when I asked about wanting to be able to control the backlight timeout. It lets you set the default timeout to whatever you want by changing the registry entry.

I don't get it, you can already do it with any cPad apps.

It lets you set the default timeout to whatever you want by changing the registry entry.
:) Tha'ts what everybody tried out before cPax arrived. It just dosn't work as there is no responsible and working reg entry that can be edited or at least we haven't found the correct one.

Guest Guest

Trust me, it works. Cpax didn't work for me since it didn't work with the cpad apps and couldn't display the calendar as the background. 2.1.4 lets you change the backlight timeout. I've been using it for nearly two years. It only works with 2.1.4 though.

RRR, It works even with our current apps, you know how much I made tests on these drivers/apps... There is a key somewhere named TimeoutMS or something like that which lets you set the time in miliseconds. Default was 5000 miliseconds if I'm not wrong. I tried before but I cannot tell you the exact key now since my computer is at service now. That's not something new with 2.1.4.

cPax works with old applications - that's been verified by many users. You must be doing something wrong. But you are right, you cannot use calendar as background image in cPax.

Edited by sn0wl

cannot remember the TimeoutMS value :)

Anyways, what's wrong with it? Service again :) ?

Sn0wl, i knew it would be a great idea to get in contact with Synaptics for enhanced support, they seem to be friendly guys :P

< :( bows down, cuz of the great cPad>

I'm sure and know it works. Just wait until I got my computer back :(

You know the problem I mentioned - power callibration error.

Synaptics should get in touch with me for enhanced support :) :P

Joking :)

Erm, let me tell you something I just remembered. Backlight timing has NOTHING to do with cPad apps. Do you remember me activating cPad without using cPad apps? It's all about SynTPEnh.exe again which keeps backlight on and launches little applications -which cPad apps is all about. Sorry but like I said before I refuse the believe those 2.1.4 thing. Timing is to do with SynTPEnh.exe which is Synaptics driver related. Recall it Rene.

Guest Guest

I've tried the registry entry with different versions of the cpad drivers and it only worked with the 2.1.4 version. The synaptics guy also sent me new touchpad drivers, so maybe that's where the change was. He did mention the syntpenh file specifically, so sn0wl is probably right. He said that the cpad drivers enabled some new things, but I could never find a difference between them and the standard ones from Toshiba.

The cpax application was too buggy for me so I went back to the Synaptics software. I use the calendar and calculator way too much to lose them.

Changes with cPad apps are barely noticable, usually bugfixes.

About cPax, you can use calendar and calculator but you cannot use calendar as background unfortunately. Application support should be working fine. Did you install cPax with Hybrid driver solution and restarted after? What happens when you click middle button and open some old applications with application launcher of cPax?

Only thing comes to my mind is failure of hybrid drivers installation otherwise. Might your drivers be installed other than a default directory?

Anyway it will appriciated if you send us the ones you have.