LaptopVideo2Go Forums

TOSHiBA Satellite 5000, 5100, 5105, 5200, 5205, 1950; DYNABOOK G7 & G8

®®®

hi, if the lcd screen is broken.. you can order a replacement here:

http://www.tdcomponents.com/

mine just died about 3 weeks ago (backlight was broken).. and i ordered a C-Class one.... ~ 220?

now everything is working fine again.. the installation is also not very painfull :)

best regards

alex

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ®®®

• sn0wl

• smax

• gmaust

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:) pls i need help... my remote control for my satellite 5200-801 got lost and now i'm looking for a sollution where to get the remote codes to be use on universal remote control, any help would be apreciated

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I am new here  , very nice place and lot of source for Toshiba 5205 series owners :)

I am just looking for best video driver for my Toshiba laptop with geforce go 5600 64 mb ,I am not so much interested in 3d games perform ace I am interested for playing High definition videos in MPEG and WMV High definition videos , when I am playing this video format on my laptop with P4 M 2.4GHZ with 1 GHZ memory I am experiencing lag and not so nice picture playback ( I?ve try playing on windows media player ,Power DVD , VLC and many other player but all with similar results) ,so anyone know which driver would be best to use to get best video quality and performance playing HDV videos on this machine to use original driver or any new driver ? Thx

The latest I can run without any VMR problems is 73.40 so you might want to check that one also.

Hi all, I am new so be gentile. I recently prucahsed a new key board, and some bigger memory for my Toshiba Satellite 5205-505, I orderd the 512mb chipsets so I will be running 1024mb of Ram.

My question is I REALLY want to upgrade my video card. The system currently has a Nvidia Geforce 460Go, I cant run half-life or half-life two on the system so I think its time for an upgrade.

Is it possible to upgrade the video card?

What can I upgrade too?

How easy is the install?

Is there something else I should try first?

Thanks in advance

I don't think you can really easily upgrade graphics cards in Toshiba's... or if you can, it wouldn't be easy.

I haven't seen any Toshiba graphics chips on sale anywhere at least... so good luck just finding one.

You can't run HL2?

Any GF4 (Go, MX, or TI) should run the game just fine.

Might want to try the 81.98 or 82.12 drivers.

HL2 should even run on only 256MB or RAM (not saying you have that much, but should run on even that), but your upgradng up to 1 GB anyway.

No cant run half life or HL2, everytime I get to a major event involving an explosion or something that is visually involved the game kicks out, I get some error message and my comp restarts. When I go to load the game it says my driver is not up to date and it links me to a page where I can download the latest driver, but when I go to install it I get a message saying that the hardware could not be found (yes I am downloading the right driver I am not that stupid). I have tried reinstalling the driver that came with the computer and that does not help.

In any event I want something faster becasue CS runs slow and so does WolfET. Any suggestions

Please read this topic, then this topic.

Next click the Drivers and Mod INFs link in my sig and go download the 81.98 driver and Pieter's regular mod INF for it, then replace the INF in the driver with the modded one and install it using the device manager.

In the how to install topic there is even a video on how to install that I made.

If you encounter installation problems after trying this, please uninstall your current (and very old) driver first.

Edited by Bill

ok those instructions were wasy enough for a total newbie to follow the new driver from you is installing as I type this. If I am not back in here in the next 2hours that means install went well and I am gaming.

Thanks a lot for the info and the compatible driver, this is a gret site.

Have a happy new year

also do you thinkg I should bother upgrading my RAM

How much ram do you have?

I currently have 512MB and I do think games like Doom3, HL2, FEAR, BF2, ect would benefit if you upgraded to 1GB (or more)

2x512MB sticks is a good idea, doesn't cost as much and is probably less of a pain than finding a good priced GB stick. (unless you want more than a GB later)

I think I will be ordering a GB stick for mine soon so I will tell you how it goes, I should get much smoother gameplay in the games I mentioned. (I will have 1.25GB after upgrade)

Just for the record, with the card you have Battlefield 2 will NOT run, so don't bother with it. (doesnt run on mine either :) ) Now FEAR is a game I would recomend, but try the demo on your card first, it might not run on yours.

Edit: Happy New Year to you too! :P :)

Edited by Bill

I must have done something wrong. The install went fine but when I restarted the computer booted, turned off then asked me to boot in safe mode or last known stable configuration. I figured I would screw up so I did a system restore prior to trying this. I then reinstalled the driver from CD that came with the comp. I follwed ure directions, downloaded the inf and the driver from ure site copied inf file into driver file and installede but something went wrong.

Any Ideas

do you need more info from me

As far as games I am a HUGE rtcw et fan

I am gonna get doom 3 soon, once i am done with bar study

ohh yeah I have 512 right now system can handle double that

Edited by Z06guy

Toshiba Bluetooth Stack for Windows XP/2000

Version: 4.00.23T

Size: 26,5 MB

Download Here

Edited by sn0wl

The latest I can run without any VMR problems is 73.40 so you might want to check that one also.

Thank you m8 ,I have tested your driver version 73.40 and it is really much better than my previous driver ,but still not perfect playback still some slow motion on high details scene playing HDV video 1440 x1080 in raw m2t format or MPEG (if someone like to test just to change m2t extension to MPEG and will also play on almost any media player) , so far I am getting best result (ratio picture quality / performance ) playing with VLC player when I select from video menu Blend ,but BOB is best picture quality setting but when I am in BOB mode I am still experience some slow motion ,.

Is anyone else have better luck than me, I really like my satellite 5205 and I think is still is one of the best laptops Toshiba ever made :) however I need to have laptop able to play smooth HDV videos made on my HDV camcorder Sony HDR-HC1, I would like if anyone else has able to play smooth HDV videos on same laptop and with what hardware configuration and which driver?

Thx

Try fully uninstalling whatever drivers you are running then download the 77.77 driver and mod INF, you will find those in the 70 series forum section at the bottem of the first post.

If you get a black bar accross your screen after this, then go here.

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/enhancer

Select the driver version then the black bar fix for whatever screen resolution you have, then hit submit at the bottem and it will spit out a fixed INF for you.

Since you have 5205 you might want to do some searching and stuff, there is this thread you could read through.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=6567 (dang Rene's post is like the longest on this forum)

I really don't know what you would get a black screen on bootup if you installed the driver right, but I have not tested 81.98 yet. (tried 82.12 though on desktop PC though)

Well, I think specifications of the laptop itself might be insufficient to play HD videos smoothly.

And for players, I recommend CrystalPlayer ( www.crystalplayer.com )for quality. It has many good postprocessing options. Unfortunately only pro version offers those. Anyway you can try it and see.

its not a black bar

the windows screen comes up and shows the little bar at the bottom that shows the system is loading

then the screen goes blank and restarts in safe mode

I am updating Bios right now and will try again then post results

thanks that toshiba thread is VERY helpflu

this place rocks

EDIT

Bios updated tried to install both drivers listed in your sig same results,

I cant find the 70 series drivers, maybe I am an idiot but they do not link in your sig

Edit

found the 70's and did some reading

it looks like the 71.84 is compatible with my system, I am trying it even though it does not specifically mention that it is compatible with the 460 Go, some other dude said he put in on his though so I am givin it a whirl

EDIT

NO GO it said the driver i have is as good as this one

I WANT TO PLAY HALF LIFE ###### IT

Edited by Z06guy

HI all

good thread lots of info but here is what I need

I cannot update the driver for my 5205-S505 for the Nvidia 460G0

Can somone please help

here is a breif history of what I have tried and the results http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=8458

any help would be greatly appriceated

Do someone how to change the graphic card in laptop, i am using toshiba 5205, i want to change it as i changed the cpu? is it able to change 460 go to 5200?

Do someone how to change the graphic card in laptop, i am using toshiba 5205, i want to change it as i changed the cpu? is it able to change 460 go to 5200?

Never heard anyone did that.

Hello

After long time of testing.... just to let PPL know that v72.14 driver (73.40 is also excellent) has definitely best picture quality on Geforce Go 5600 on this laptop, it is really wow picture quality on Toshiba CSV lcd panel ! -especially when I have connected laptop via RGB cable to 42 inch Fujitsu HD Plasma it looks like you looking from window amazing !

Best performance and perfect HDV playback playing (with this driver cpu is used only 40% while playing raw m2t HDV video 1440x1080i -excellent! ) MPEG or raw m2t files on power DVD Ver 6.0 Deluxe version (just enable in settings menu ''use hardware acceleration'' ) and for connecting Sony HDV video camera for Live real time video capture/ Full screen playback via built in Firewire port i would recommended to use VLC player via Direct Show ,for nice playback just set video settings on ''discard'' for Film like a effect - again amazing real picture quality even on Laptop LCD (for sure this is best LCD thing on this laptop  )

So for this laptop and configuration I would recommended:

For best quality HDV video playback and performance use driver: v72.14 driver ( can be downloaded in this forum with moded inf.)

Power DVD 6 Deluxe version with mpg4 pack

As best universal free video player : VLC Player 0.8.4a

It does not use much CPU power , Can play almost any video format and can play directly from video capture hardware using built in Direct Show driver

it can be downloaded form here: http://www.videolan.org/

Big Thx to all for driver tip :) and viva Satellite 5205 705 :)

I bet newer drivers produce better video quality but unfortunately they don't work on our 5600 :) I hope we can find a way to make them work, this is really annoying.

Toshiba ConfigFree Utility

Version: 5.90.05

Size: 15 MB

Description: ConfigFree is a set of utilities used for configuring Toshiba PCs to use both wired and wireless network devices.

Download Here

Bluetooth Monitor for Windows XP

Version: 2.12.00

Size: 1,6 MB

Download Here