• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ®®®

• sn0wl

• smax

• gmaust

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone has a recommendation for internal DVD burner upgrade @ 5205-Sx0x ?

Which burns reliable? (more than 2 years without problems :) )

Which fits best? (without soldering :P )

Currently this is my list, which i haven't further checked. If someone could lead me in the right direction...

• LG GWA-4040N
  • LG GCA-4080N
  • LG GWA-4082N
  • LiteOn SOSW-852S
  • NEC ND-6450A
  • NEC ND-6500 / 9 in 1 , SPECS
    CD-R/CD-RW
    24x/16x
    DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD+R/DVD+RW / DVD +R9
    8x/4x/8x/4x / 2.4x
  • NEC ND-6650 / 10 in 1 , SPECS
    CD-R/CD-RW
    24x/16x
    DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD+R/DVD+RW / DVD-R Dual Layer / DVD +R9
    8x/6x/8x/8x / 4x / 4x
  • NEC ND-6750 / 10 in 1 , SPECS
    CD-R/CD-RW
    24x/24x
    DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD+R/DVD+RW / DVD-R Dual Layer / DVD +R9
    8x/6x/8x/8x / 4x / 4x
  • NEC ND-7750 / 10 in 1 , SPECS
    CD-R/CD-RW
    24x/24x
    DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD+R/DVD+RW / DVD-R Dual Layer / DVD +R9 / DVD-RAM
    8x/6x/8x/8x / 4x / 4x / 5x
  • Panasonic/Matsushita UJ-845
  • Panasonic/Matsushita UJ-846
  • Pioneer DVR-K14
  • Pioneer DVR-K16
  • Samsung SN-W082
    CD-R/CD-RW
    24x/24x
    DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD+R/DVD+RW / DVD+R Dual Layer
    8x/4x/8x/4x / 2.4x
  • Samsung TS-L532A
  • Sony DW-Q58A

I'm not in search for an external solution, but a replacement of the dreaded SD-R6012, so no more Toshiba please :)

Though if i'm totally on the wrong path with more recent Toshiba burners (SD-R6472), feel free to correct me and enlight my way.

Just for the records:

- Toshiba SD-R6372

- Toshiba SD-R6472B

Edited by ®®®

Panasonic = Matsushita.

Mine broke down 2 times. I bet others are better.

My name is Breno and I live in Brazil.

Hey, I have a notebook Dynabook VX1/W15LDEW. My Uncle sent to me of Japan, my windows is all in Japanese, but when I setup the windows in Portuguese, he loses all the factory programs. My larger preoccupation is to lose the "Power Saver" because with him I manage to fit My LCD's Brightness. Already I searched hundreds of places the "Power Saver" but none of them works on my Notebook. It would like to know there is some similar program to this one that I can fit My LCD's Brightness.

Thanks to everybody.

Guest Guest

When i try to install Power Saver that's says:

An error occurred during the move data process: -119

Component: Shared DLLs

File Group: TPM Addin Files

File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\TPSAddin.dll

What i do ? =/

Thanks for your help.

What is your computer model? Are you the guy above?

Anyway try uninstalling Toshiba Common Modules and Toshiba Power Saver. If they cannot be uninstalled, use System Restore to take your computer to a date you haven't installed them.

Then try this Common Modules: http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/su...ads/tm5tcmx.exe

If it installs fine, restart and try this TPS 6: http://support.toshiba-tro.de/tools/Satell...xp-60006-en.zip

When i try to install Power Saver that's says:

An error occurred during the move data process: -119

Component: Shared DLLs

File Group: TPM Addin Files

File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\TPSAddin.dll

What i do ? =/

Thanks for your help.

My computer model is, Dynabook VX1/W15LDEW.

Is this your computer? http://dynabook.com/pc/catalog/dynabook/040119vx/index_j.htm

If so it is absolutely no 5x00 series equal but the info I provided above should still be useful. Did you try? If it failed again we should try the another TPS or Common Modules version or maybe search for the Japanese multilanguage drivers for that model.

Is this your computer? http://dynabook.com/pc/catalog/dynabook/040119vx/index_j.htm

If so it is absolutely no 5x00 series equal but the info I provided above should still be useful. Did you try? If it failed again we should try the another TPS or Common Modules version or maybe search for the Japanese multilanguage drivers for that model.

Yes, this Is my computer, I tried to use the drivers that you cited above, but as said always of the that mistake. I can't speak Japanese, it would be so hard to input me in a Japanese site and to try to download the drivers and softwares of the correct. I would like very that someone helped me one to solve this problem. If you do not get, would you know anybody who does it speak Japanese?

Thanks

If I'm not mistaken, Hazart should be from Japan or at least knows Japanese. You can try getting in touch with him, maybe he can help better.

And for the drivers, I wonder why they don't work, I thought they were pretty generic. What do you think ®®®? There was another driver series (TCM v1?) but they were for Tecra series or something tablet.

Guest toshiba 5200-801

Hi i installed the 84.21 driver on my toshiba 5200-801 which has a 460 Go card and when i restart xp it crashes. the 71.84 driver works fine for me now.

Anyone know why?

Did you replace the original inf with the modded inf before you installed the driver? I was using 84.25 and I had nothing but problems with powermizer 2.0. I ended up downgrading to 72.14 and I have had no problems since. If 71.84 works fine for you, I would stay with that one because the newer driver will most likely not do much for your laptop.

If I recall correctly, the fastest drivers for the Geforce 4x are the 48.xx series. Its funny, newer releases don't improve performance on older cards, they only support newer models as they are released and often cause problems on older hardware.

Edited by Lych

does anyone know any good solution about the pcmcia controller for my 5200-801 laptop? I am using a pcmcia card reader adapter and when i transfer files to the card the pc working very slow and also I see that cpu reach 90% usage.Also I recently bought a pcmcia sound card and ofcourse I cant use the card....when the card plays sound the windows respond very slowly and the mouse pointer also (at cpu usage monitor I see 80-90% usage). I have install all the latest drivers from toshiba, but I cant find any specific driver for the toPIC100 pcmcia controller that this laptop has.Please if anyone know something about it tell me, I have searched all over the internet without any solution to this.

thanks!

I have never seen or searched for a driver for the topic100 controller. Actually i have never used it :) I can give no advice here. Sorry.

hello ®®®!

I have a question.My laptop is a Sat. 5200 but a Japanese one, Mode is G7/X19PDEW, it has a 32M 460 go video card. How do I know its number like 5205-S505? I can't find any number like that!

I am a Chinese, hope you can understand my poor English...

Hi All,

I've lost my restore discs for my 5205/705

I forget if it was a cd or dvd?

I have restore discs for my 504, and s119. I'm tryning them on the 705 now.

Anyone out there mind pointing me to a place I could dl images?

I could ul images of what I have.

many thanks..

:)

I know of no place where to download CD Images. You need to contact Toshiba Support (phone or mail) and let them send the Restore Media to you.

hello ®®®!

I have a question.My laptop is a Sat. 5200 but a Japanese one, Mode is G7/X19PDEW, it has a 32M 460 go video card. How do I know its number like 5205-S505? I can't find any number like that!

I am a Chinese, hope you can understand my poor English...

Running Go460 with 32MB is the pendant to the US model of 5205-S50x over at http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_modSel.jsp

Hi,

I've got a problem with the integrated Cardreader/Accessing a SD-Card with an USB card reader. I've got a 2 GB SD-Card here for use in my digital camera. When i put it in the cardreader-slot the notebook recognizes it and it's shown in the windows explorer. But when I click it I get an error that I should insert some media in the device or that the media is not formatted. Same problem when I put the card in a USB "Pendrive" card reader. The hardware is recognized, but I can't access the data on it.

There's no problem with a *1GB* Card. My PC workstation has no problems with the 2GB card in any card reader.

My Notebook is a Toshiba 5200-903 with default peripherals and mostly recent drivers from this thread here on the board.

Is there anybody with a similar problem or a solution for it? Is there any driver update that may help?

Thanks,

schOrsch

I've encountered an error like that in WinXP - I really don't remember how but it was on a HP Camera with 256mb SD card. Windows XP was refusing to recognised it while Win98 had no problems. Later on I searched and learnt on KB of HP that more than 128mb cards are not recognised on WinXP and nothing they could do. After that I found a small utility someone made for that purpose, it changed something in system and Windows then recognised the card. I could be wrong with numbers but story was basicly that. Sounded too familiar with your problem - but that was not on my laptop, just a neighbours desktop.

However if it is something different, try using these things from Toshiba;

Toshiba SD Memory Card Format Utility

SD Host Controller Driver

Hi,

I've got a problem with the integrated Cardreader/Accessing a SD-Card with an USB card reader. I've got a 2 GB SD-Card here for use in my digital camera. When i put it in the cardreader-slot the notebook recognizes it and it's shown in the windows explorer. But when I click it I get an error that I should insert some media in the device or that the media is not formatted. Same problem when I put the card in a USB "Pendrive" card reader. The hardware is recognized, but I can't access the data on it.

There's no problem with a *1GB* Card. My PC workstation has no problems with the 2GB card in any card reader.

My Notebook is a Toshiba 5200-903 with default peripherals and mostly recent drivers from this thread here on the board.

Is there anybody with a similar problem or a solution for it? Is there any driver update that may help?

Thanks,

schOrsch

RTFT. You need to change the controller in the Device Manager.

Guest squarefan

hi@all

i have a Toshiba Satellite S5100-502 with 1,8gh p4m.. and would like to overlock it... does any1 have the right settings or a software where and how i could do it... tried it already in the past.. but didnt work out quite well... now i ask the pros :)

thx in advance

squarefan