LaptopVideo2Go Forums

TOSHiBA Satellite 5000, 5100, 5105, 5200, 5205, 1950; DYNABOOK G7 & G8

®®®

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried running version 1.1.2 but it will not load. I get an error message saying

"Run time error - '2147023782 (8007045a)';

Automation error

A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed."

:) This is puzzling as I started off with a factory-fresh installation of WinXP Home Edition and all the Toshiba utilities before upgrading to SP2. I haven't seen any clues yet in the RemoteX forum, but will try again.

Any further suggestions would be more than welcome!

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ®®®

• sn0wl

• smax

• gmaust

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've never read about this error when running RemoteX so i guess the issue is somewhere else. I googled and found this:

Run Time Error 2147023782 (8007045a): Automation Error - A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

I had one person get this error when they went to run Version Control. I re-registered Msvbvm60.dll, Scrrun.dll and DAO360.dll and the error went away.

This means press START and enter in the RUN box the follwoing:

regsvr32 msvbvm60.dll and hit ENTER

then

regsvr32 scrrun.dll and hit ENTER

finally

regsvr32 dao360.dll and ENTER

Alternatively i suggest you running the Dial-a-fix 'registration center' part. It reregisters the common troublemaker DLLs all automatically and is a safe tool to run: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=8650 or http://wiki.djlizard.net/Dial-a-fix

Thank you for the very helpful info. It turns out that dao360.dll couldn't be loaded using the method you described, but I learned from Microsoft's website the full pathname of that DLL:

regsvr32 "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\dao\dao360.dll"

Now I've got RemoteX loaded and will play around to get it working. :)

• 4 weeks later...

now it seems that many of the programs I run cannot switch the screen resolution by themselves - they either crash, or return me to the desktop where I have to switch the res manually and then resume the program. This may be a noob question, in which case I apologize, but I hope someone can give me a hint. Thank you!

I am running Windows XP SP2, and I've tried both X-wing Alliance and Hitman 2 today after updating the driver.

added a few words (finally) about memory and CPU upgrade.

My Laptop is still defect, but i decided to send it to FixMyToshibaLaptop.com after my moving...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest NightOwl
Hi there,

Many of us seem to have problems getting the Fnf5 key (TFnf5.exe ; Toshiba Hotkey Utility for Display Devices) to work on a fresh WinXP Pro installation. The file provided on Toshiba Canada's support pages doesn't work.

I've installed successfully the Autralian exec for Satellite 5200-(PS520A), S5200DspHKeyXP.EXE and everything works perfectly.

Hotkey utility for display devices

Good luck!

I managed to get it to install on an upgraded Qosmio F10 as well. I was having same problem with the driver on Toshiba's download page refusing to install after a fresh XP Installation.

Hi all,

I've been browsing this site and have noticed that there are plenty of users running Toshiba 5200's - I didn't realize that so many people were using the same laptop model as I am. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone else has had my problem, or if there is something anyone can recommend to solve it.

My Synaptics cPad has been working well lately, but occasionally it becomes very jittery, almost as if my finger was twitching at a really high rate. The problem is bad enough that browsing the web and using the computer is difficult. It seems to happen more when the laptop has been used for a bit, but the problem is difficult to diagnose because it isn't consistent.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

I think the touchpad screen is really sensitive to the fine layer of grease or perspiration that fingers lay down. When that happens with mine I turn it off then clean the screen firmly with a soft lint-free DRY cloth. Usually seems to work!

BIOS update for TOSHIBA "5105-S607". is it ok for "5105-S701" ?

No, only use BIOS updates provided for your secific model. BIOS update for 5105-701 can be found here:

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su...jsp?soid=945479

Toshiba has made changes to their download site and moved a lot of models including most of the 5x0x series to the archives :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I have 4 years old notebook Toshiba 5200-903 (that is equipped with 2 x 60GB HDD/7200 rpm and 1 GB RAM memory.

The currently amount of RAM memory is 1GB (2x512MB) and I am wondering is there any solution to upgrade it to 1,5 or 2GB amount of RAM memory?

Can I flash BIOS to version v1.50 (currently version is 1.40) for this model? Bios upgrade

Thanks!

Edited by Tony79

No v1.50 is not for the Euro models. Your latest BIOS is v1.40: http://support.toshiba-tro.de/tedd-files2/...70808143733.zip

As far as the Intel specification sheet for the 845MP Chipset states, the maximum RAM is 1GB. I know of no one who succesfully overcome that limitation, but please feel free to try out 2x1GB PC2100S (any) or PC2700S (Hynix works for me).

OK, I see, then BIOS version will not be changed. Currently I have Transcend 2x512MB RAM PC2700. I found 2X1GB PC2700 RAM in the local PC store, but it is too expensive for doing test like this one.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Just call me desperate.

Great site!!! Can't wait to fix my current problem to do a fresh reformat and install all the great updates you guys have listed here.

I have a 5005-s504 (yeah that one) with XP Home SP2 for an OS. I have updated the Bios to 1.80.

My current problem is my CD/dvd rom quit seeing data discs and only sees DVDs about 6 months ago. I did all the usual checks and reinstall and figured it was dead. I got a UJDA770 to replace the UJDA710 that was the factory installed one. It was wired as a slave and I tried the pin 45 to pin 47 jumper. I messed it up. Now I got another UJDA770 that is supposed to be a master and a direct replacement (so says the fleabay seller). My question is has anybody successfully installed anything other then a UJDA710 in this machine? Am I missing something? I have 4 days to send this drive back for a refund. This is getting expensive for a laptop five years old. I like it though and want to fix it.

I installed the new cd/rom and the computer doesn't see it, the cd light stays on (on the front of laptop). I'm afraid to try the pin jump again. I put the factory one back in and it still reads DVD but not CD roms.

Any help you guys can offer would be great.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest dekadence

Hello everyone,

I have a toshiba 5200-903 and i have a huge problem...

My cdrom drive is malfunction and i can´t format the laptop. I tried to boot from a usb external device but the bios doesnt reconizes the device.

Can i boot from a sd card?? Is there another way to solve this problem??

Thanks is advance..

Best regards

ajcatarino@gmail.com - Portugal

• 2 weeks later...
Great site!!! Can't wait to fix my current problem to do a fresh reformat and install all the great updates you guys have listed here.

I have a 5005-s504 (yeah that one) with XP Home SP2 for an OS. I have updated the Bios to 1.80.

My current problem is my CD/dvd rom quit seeing data discs and only sees DVDs about 6 months ago. I did all the usual checks and reinstall and figured it was dead. I got a UJDA770 to replace the UJDA710 that was the factory installed one. It was wired as a slave and I tried the pin 45 to pin 47 jumper. I messed it up. Now I got another UJDA770 that is supposed to be a master and a direct replacement (so says the fleabay seller). My question is has anybody successfully installed anything other then a UJDA710 in this machine? Am I missing something? I have 4 days to send this drive back for a refund. This is getting expensive for a laptop five years old. I like it though and want to fix it.

I installed the new cd/rom and the computer doesn't see it, the cd light stays on (on the front of laptop). I'm afraid to try the pin jump again. I put the factory one back in and it still reads DVD but not CD roms.

Any help you guys can offer would be great.

See my posting on page 22 & 23. any drive will work but the pin correction is tricky as the 47 & 49 can be confusing to work out : e-mail me at gmaust@lizzy.com.au for a hi-res photo of the drive adapter plate with 47 & 49 correctly identified if you need it.

So the only chane i have is instal the windows from the network??

i think holding f12 key also reveals a PCMCIA or cardbus icon - perhaps you may install via this option

Edited by gmaust

• 3 weeks later...

hi

I have small question to those who has geforce 460 go with 32MB ram ... what is the memory clock in your laptops ??

mine laptop has only 223MHz and i suppose that i should have 250MHz according to this page

can I raise my memory clock to 250MHz (nothing bad will happen ??) or leave it as it is now

Hi all

Any of you guys know if its possible to play COD4 on a Toshiba 5205-S704 with a 460go 64mb card?

What drivers should I use?

The error Im getting is "graphics adapter does not support alpha blending....."

and on the game log im getting "graphics adapter does not support alpha blending glow will be disabled" but the game never starts

Im able to play COD2 with driver version 4.3.6.5

Thanks for your help:)

System requirements say something about a GF6 and 512MB Video RAM and a C2D as minimum, so no.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cod4

If in doubt use "System Requirements Lab":

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

Thanks fpr the reply

can I change graphics card on this laptop or is it embedded?

if so, which card should I replace it with?

I know that even if possible it might not worth it but I really like this laptop