• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ®®®

• sn0wl

• smax

• gmaust

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi ®®®, did you use Toshiba SD Bluetooth 3 Before? Bluetooth Stack can install the dirve for the Bluetooth SD Card, but it also can not work, do not why?

do you know the SD Solt in Toshiba 5200 support SDIO? it is so confuse.

please help, Thank you.

Try using BT stack 4.

From readme

- Toshiba SD Bluetooth Card 3 (PA3370U)

(older notebooks may need an SD-Hostcontroller driver update first,

before the card is recognized by the operating system)

Also check for any possible wireless switch but since it's a SDcard, I doubt you need it.

Try using BT stack 4.

From readme

- Toshiba SD Bluetooth Card 3 (PA3370U)

(older notebooks may need an SD-Hostcontroller driver update first,

before the card is recognized by the operating system)

Also check for any possible wireless switch but since it's a SDcard, I doubt you need it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows XP Service Pack 2 users can also install the driver by the following steps:

Just enter the Windows DeviceManager and select "SD Card Controller"

-> "TOSHIBA SD Card Controller Type-A"

-> right-mouse-click "Update Driver...".

Continue until the installation is finished. You should see a

"Toshiba Secure Digital host controller" now. This is the driver of XP SP2.

It also works with the "TOSHIBA Bluetooth SD Card2" and "TOSHIBA Bluetooth SD Card3".

It has been updated, but the SD Solt can not recognize as "Toshiba Secure Digital host controller", it also is recognized as "TOSHIBA SD Card Controller Type-A" .(Version 2.0.4.030514)

However, I found a other in Chinese Toshiba, the link as following:

http://pc.toshiba.com.cn/upload/Satellite/...522QxpSDMem.zip

it can recognized as "Toshiba Secure Digital host controller". (Version V2.0.2)

Hmm, :) how can i do? I doubt 5200 is not supporting SDIO. It need to check.

Anyway, Thank You! :)

I asked Toshiba yesterday, the answer is the satellite 5200 do not spport SDIO, only SD Reader. So sad. anyway:rofl: , if someone know how can it run in 5200, please post.

Guest nonegiven
I asked Toshiba yesterday, the answer is the satellite 5200 do not spport SDIO, only SD Reader. So sad. anyway:rofl: , if someone know how can it run in 5200, please post.

Run what? Try explaining your situation a little better. My 5205 works just fine with the slot changed to the Secure Digital Host Controller.

Hi, run toshiba SD Bluetooth Card 3, can you tell me which drive are you using?

Can you post it, my SD slot can not recognize (Version 2.0.4.030514) as Toshiba Secure Digital host controller, it just recongize it as TOSHIBA SD Card Controller Type-A.

Hi, run toshiba SD Bluetooth Card 3, can you tell me which drive are you using?

Can you post it, my SD slot can not recognize (Version 2.0.4.030514) as Toshiba Secure Digital host controller, it just recongize it as TOSHIBA SD Card Controller Type-A.

SD cards are recognized perfectly using the Toshiba Secure Digital Host or with the SD Card Controller Type-A. I don't have an SD BT card. Sorry.

hi!!

i must open my laptop (5200 902) because i must clear the fan. It's very hot and it's shutdown. How can i open it? Thanks

I don't think you need to open your laptop to clean the fan. Just try using pressured air through fan vents. However still if you want to open it I found and managed some pictures how to do so in 5000 series. Hope it helps.

SD cards are recognized perfectly using the Toshiba Secure Digital Host or with the SD Card Controller Type-A. I don't have an SD BT card. Sorry.

the SDIO Card is Type B modle for bluetooth? so it can't run in 5200? but in the toshiba bluetooth centre is indicating the 5200 can run SD bluetooth, so confuse.

http://www.synaptics.com/support/drive.cfm

The lastest Version Touch pad drive for 5200.

• 4 weeks later...

my Geforce4 440 Go 32 mb, has a problem. on switching on the laptop everything is fine, but as the laptop heats up, the cooling does not seem to work well. the fan goes on, but the display gets corrupted, and gives a jittery image,, then stops responding and crashes to 640*480, 8-bit color, giving the message " the device nv_disp.dll has stopped working correctly..." after which i have to restart the computer, and the same problem occurs.

this problem started after the hinge for the LCD screen got damaged --> the LCD screen cannot support itself now :)

I'd like to know if these 2 problems, the graphics, and the damaged hinge can be repaired/replaced.

Also about how much would such a repair would cost, if i hand the laptop over to a Toshiba Repair Centre in germany.

the nasty part: the warranty expired just some time back :) :P :(

btw, does Toshiba offer an old-laptop-for-new-laptop service, in which i can hand in the old one, pay some little money, and get a new one from them?

thanks!!!

If a broken hindge did it, it sounds like a bad flex cable. (just replace the cable, might not be that easy to replace though)

Should not be too expensive (call up toshiba)

If that pulled on the card it or its cooling element one of them could have broke or come loose, which could cause permanent damage to your GPU if it overheated. :)

You should check the flex cable and the connection. (cable that connects screen to graphics card)

I'll let the Toshiba experts take over from here.

Well, if you have nothing to lose and since your warranty period is over, why don't you give a shot to service manuals and see if there is something you can do about it? I saw LCD power and data cables around when I opened mine. Will be harder if something is wrong with LCD itself tho.

Guest Vandy_Andy

Please help me as i had bought Dynabook TX/670LSBI in Japanese O/s.Need to conver to English O/s but dont have drivers. Please let me know which driver to be installed and from where as no updates on drivers of this model

Can you give specifications of your model? Is it the equavalent of 5x00 series? If so you can basicly find every driver and utility needed in this topic, or you can check Toshiba USA download page to download drivers you need.

Hi have noticed a strange problem on my 5200 of late. I moved to a new apartment, where there was already ADSL, with a router with integrated modem. Ethernet connection between router and 5200's integrated ethernet port. I was having all kinds of trouble staying connected. It looked like the router would stay connected to the internet (my girlfriend's laptop simultaneously connected to the router would continue to work fine), but I could no longer communicate with the router from my laptop. not even telnet. Then I accidentally noticed that this problem only occurs when my printer is plugged in on a USB port on the 5200. When there is no printer in the USB (but there is still a USB mouse), the connection holds for days on end without problems. I checked in the device manager but it shows no resource conflicts.

Anyone have any guesses about what inside the 5200 architecture or the system could account for the relationship betwee these problems? I'm stumped.

thanks!

Is there some sort of manual available for the Toshiba 5200 Dynabook? I am wanting to dismantle it to clean it. I'm sure after a couple years of use there is lots of dust and dirt inside.

Thanks