LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v67.60, v67.65, v67.66 XP 32bit | NV, ALiENWARE, ASUS, EUROCOM

®®®

:: UPDATES

• 22-JAN-2005: added Open Issues and Issues Resolved information from NVIDIA
  • 19-JAN-2005: added v67.66
  • 19-JAN-2005: Pieter merged the english only release of v67.60 with international files and INF from an EUROCOM release
  • 06-JAN-2005: added v67.65 (ASUS) including OEM mobile INFs

:: DETAILS

v67.60 | LV2Go Information file

• desktop driver for 2K.XP
  • more & detailed informations in the LV2Go Information file
  • we moved all mobile OEM INF(s) into a seperate directory to avoid installation problems
  • supported GPUs: see INF (link is in the .NFO file)
  • leaked @ OSNN (~17,5 MB), optimized at LV2Go ~9,9 MB :) and later released by EUROCOM

v67.65 | LV2Go Information file

• released by ASUS

v67.66 | LV2Go Information file

• released by NVIDIA as beta driver

:: OPEN ISSUES

As with every released driver, version 67.6x of the Release 65 drivers has open issues and enhancement requests associated with it. What follows is a list of issues that are either not fixed or not implemented in this version. Some problems listed may not have been thoroughly investigated and, in fact, may not be NVIDIA issues. Others will have workaround solutions.

• GeForce 6 Series: When performing 4:3 PanScan of VMR7 or VMR9 DVD playback, the screen does not pan nor is the screen centered.
    A fix for this will be included in the next driver release.
  • SLI Cards: The game Lock On Modern Air Combat has rendering issues with SLI mode enabled.
  • GeForce 6600/6800 128MB: 3D Mark 2003 demo mode results in an out of memory error at 1600x1200x32 with 4x antialiasing enabled.
    This is not a bug. The problem occurs because there is not enough memory to run 3D Mark03 in this mode with a 128MB board.
  • Single display modes such as TV only, DFP/LCD only or CRT only provide the best performance and quality from Windows Media Center Edition. Dual display modes such Dualview and nView Clone and Span modes are not recommended.
  • When using the trial version of WinDVD 6 from InterVideo.com, you may experience TV or DVD playback problems in Windows Media Center if you change resolutions during video playback. This is most often seen when switching from windowed to full screen mode.
    This problem does not occur with the latest full OEM versions of WinDVD or with other Windows Media Center qualified DVD decoders.
  • GeForce 6800: Code Creatures Benchmark shows screen corruption at`1600x1200x32 with 8x antialiasing enabled.
  • GeForce 6600: Artifacts appear in the intro videos and during game play in Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness at 1600x1200 and with 4x antialiasing enabled.
  • GeForce 6600: Minor flickering in Return of Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory when antialiasing is enabled at high resolutions.
  • GeForce4 Ti/GeForce 6800: Command and Conquer: Generals has corruption when both antialiasing is enabled in the NVIDIA control panel and in-game image quality is set to 'High'.
  • GeForce 6800: Aspect ratio is incorrect when movie transitions from 4:3 to 16:9 playback using PowerDVD5 Trail (download from the Cyberlink Web site).
    This is an application issue. The problem does not occur with other DVD players.
  • If you perform a clean driver installation (no previous NVIDIA drivers installed), you must reboot your computer. If you do notreboot, the predefined application profiles will not be activated and you may experience application stability problems.
  • Windows XP/2000: Clone mode may be set for the GeForce FX 5600 although only one display is connected. This setting causes a drop in the performance of 3D applications. The workaround is to use the NVIDIA control panel to reset the system to standard mode from clone mode.
  • Windows XP, GeForce FX 5950 Ultra: Homeworld2 antialiased performance is slow.
    This is not an NVIDIA bug, but is a known issue with the application. A game patch 1.1 is available at ftp://ftp.sierra.com/pub/sierra/homeworld...te_en_10_11.exe .
  • Windows ME: CodeCult benchmark does not run properly.
    This is not an NVIDIA bug.
  • GeForce FX, Windows ME: Gunmetal Demo intro movie does not display properly.
    This is not an NVIDIA bug.

:: ISSUES RESOLVED

Significant issues resolved in driver version 67.6x

• SLI cards: Half Life 2 performance drops on 'canals' demo with SLI enabled.
  • GeForce 6800 Ultra, SLI: No performance difference with the game Lock On Modern Air Combat when SLI mode is enabled.
  • GeForce 6800: Incorrect fog for underwater objects in Half Life 2.
  • SLI cards: Shadows flicker with Source engine games like Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike when SLI mode is enabled.
  • Windows XP Media Center Edition, GeForce 6600: Graphical distortion appears intermittently when cycling through the Media Center menus.
  • Windows XP Media Center Edition, GeForce 6600: From HDTV component-out, changing the resolution from 1080i or 720p to 480p results in 480i being set instead.
  • GeForce 6600 GT: NVIDIA Color Correction does not work when playing video using VMR.
  • GeForce 6800 LE, PCI-Express: With an HDTV as the secondary display in Clone mode, the TV loses sync when changing the resolution to 1080i with Keep Native HDTV resolution selected.
  • Windows Media Center Edition, GeForce PCX 5300: When using HDTV over DVI, 1080i mode does not sync correctly in native and underscan modes.
  • GeForce2, GeForce4 MX, Windows XP: City of Heroes crashes to the desktop intermittently.

:: OPINION [*by LSudlow]

67.66 is a superb driver in every respect. Don't be fooled by the missing LOD Clamp switch; it's now built into the driver and is activated automatically when Anisotropic Filtering is enabled. This driver also fixes the yellow water problem in Half Live 2, a fix many of us have begged for.

67.65's speed, at least on my FX Go5200, is lackluster and can't compete with 67.03. However, 67.66 improves the scores of 3DMark01 and 05 noticeably and now performs close enough to 67.03 that most laptop owners won't see any difference.

Image quality with 67.66 is superb and ranks among the best I've seen from nVidia.

Bottom line: As of this writing, 67.66 should be the driver of choice for most of us. It will perform betther than the RAM-hungry 7x.xx drivers on most laptops, while fixing a fair number of bugs that remained in 67.03.

:: BENCHMARKS [*by LSudlow]

driver performance comparison charts for some GPUs

for GF2 Go: HERE from Pieter (v16.20 - v61.77)

for FX Go5200: HERE from Larry (v5x.xx - current)

for FX Go5700: HERE from Sky-Dexter (v65.73 - current)

:: DOWNLOAD & x-click-but21.gif

This and all other drivers available at LaptopVideo2Go are 7-zipped and come as a self-extracting archive for your convenience. We take care that your download time/traffic is minimized by compressing the driver in an optimized way. The method we had developed first is a service that you'll only find here proper working.

LV2Go Information file[/b]

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v67.60 | modded especially for Laptops, but also has Desktop card support

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v67.65 | modded especially for Laptops, but also has Desktop card support

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v67.66 | modded especially for Laptops, but also has Desktop card support

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v67.60 | Performance optimized

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v67.65 | Performance optimized

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v67.66 | Performance optimized

Pieter's No Tweaks INF modified for v67.60 | Original INF, which now recognizes all Laptop and Desktop cards; nothing else was changed!

Pieter's No Tweaks INF modified for v67.65 | Original INF, which now recognizes all Laptop and Desktop cards; nothing else was changed!

Pieter's No Tweaks INF modified for v67.66 | Original INF, which now recognizes all Laptop and Desktop cards; nothing else was changed!

Larry's DELL 5150/5160 optimized INF

Teraphy's Toshiba "BlackBar PHP Fixer" | choose from all drivers and get your customized Anti-BlackBar-INF

Teraphy's "PHP INF enhancement" page | enhance your INF by choosing from a variety of settings (incl. Toshiba Blackbar fix) for all Laptops

nVLiTE page | choose the language to keep and rip out the rest; delete SETUP and other unneeded files to make the driver as small as possible

6760.nfo ( 4.67k ) Number of downloads: 72

Hey Pieter, as soon as you get your INF up and as soon as I get back from school tomorrow, :) I will test this and report back. (yes school it starting for me again :) ) Never even had time to test out Doom3 yet that I got for Christmas....

I am sure with some drivers from here it will run nice.

Edit: WOOT 500th post. :( :( :P

INF uploaded, sorry about delay been a busy bee.

Replaced english only version with full International version (11.993MB)

New nfo file:

::                               ::
  http://www.LaptopVideo2Go.com
  LV2Go Driver Information file
:: ----------------------------- ::
  version: v6765
  date   : Fri 07/01/2005
  time   : 11:56:38.47
===================================
[Check for odd files inside driver]
::
[NVIDIA Driver detail (YYYYMMDD)]
[WHQL certification]
not certified
[INF details]
nv4_disp.inf    * filedate 20041230
nvam.inf        * filedate 20041230
nvan.inf        * filedate 20041230
nvat.inf        * filedate 20041230
nvch.inf        * filedate 20041230
nvcp.inf        * filedate 20041230
nvct.inf        * filedate 20041230
nvdm.inf        * filedate 20041230
nvec.inf        * filedate 20041230
nvfl.inf        * filedate 20041230
nvfm.inf        * filedate 20041230
nvgm.inf        * filedate 20041230
nvhb.inf        * filedate 20041230
nvhm.inf        * filedate 20041230
nvil.inf        * filedate 20041230
nviv.inf        * filedate 20041230
nvmm.inf        * filedate 20041230
nvmt.inf        * filedate 20041230
nvmv.inf        * filedate 20041230
nvmy.inf        * filedate 20041230
nvqu.inf        * filedate 20041230
nvsh.inf        * filedate 20041230
nvsm.inf        * filedate 20041230
nvsz.inf        * filedate 20041230
nvtq.inf        * filedate 20041230
nvts.inf        * filedate 20041230
nvtw.inf        * filedate 20041230
nvuw.inf        * filedate 20041230
nvwi.inf        * filedate 20041230
[nv4_disp.dll details]
filetime 161000 * filedate 20041230
[nvoglnt.dll details]
filetime 161000 * filedate 20041230
[NVIDIA Driver Setup included?]
YES
[MultiLanguage/languages supported]
- English                *default*
- Arabic                 supported
- Czech                  supported
- Danish                 supported
- German                 supported
- Greek                  supported
- UK English             supported
- Spanish                supported
- Latin American Spanish supported
- Finnish                supported
- French                 supported
- Hewbrew                supported
- Hungarian              supported
- Italian                supported
- Japanese               supported
- Korean                 supported
- Dutch                  supported
- Norwegian              supported
- Polish                 supported
- Iberian Portuguese     supported
- Portuguese Brazilian   supported
- Russian                supported
- Slovak                 supported
- Slovenian              supported
- Swedish                supported
- Thai                   supported
- Turkish                supported
- Simplified Chinese     supported
- Traditional Chinese    supported
    [Driver packing details]
7-ZIP pack start time:  11:57:04.62
7-ZIP pack end time  :  12:04:08.58
7-ZIP test start time:  12:04:08.61
7-ZIP test end time  :  12:04:14.51
   [Driver Uploading details]
FTP Upload start time:  12:06:58.03
FTP Upload end   time:  12:16:28.65
     [INF Uploading details]      
FTP Upload start time:  12:26:18.76
FTP Upload end   time:  12:26:27.68
      [Driver Size details]       
[Original driver]
189 files, 25617981 bytes
[7-ZIPPED driver]
6765.exe = 12280388 bytes
        [Download links]          
[Driver]
http://download.laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/65series/6765.exe
[Original INF(s)]
http://laptopvideo2go.com/infs/65series/6765inf/original/original_v6765_inf(s).zip
  driver processed and uploaded
:: ----------------------------- ::
  done by NVAIO v3.045/mobilenvidia
eof

:) :) ###### i give up, this PHP/board software is screwing up my post code badly. This happens since weeks. It think i make to complicated posts for the software to understand or something. Why is it changing the SIZE and COLOR tags the whole time? I corrected it by ten times and when i edit again its screwed again.

What a mess! Also the alignment doesn't work correctly, the software has major problems with font COURIER, COLOR, SIZE, QUOTE, CODE and SPACES or a combination of all six! :P i'm upset

Now remember if you're trying to get a standard font width that HTML doesn't produce more than one space.

Otherwise it looks fine.

Need a NFO to BBCode converter? :)

There were a few dangling closing codes. Fixed them right up.

I'm going to give this a shot and see if it'll not crash unlike the 67.03's :)

standard font width that HTML doesn't produce more than one space
I experienced that and that why i use the QUOTE and COURIER font tag together, , but then it messes up with the COLOR and SIZE tag. Also i can't figure out why sometimes the spaces are preserved and sometimes not (see NFO for 67.60 and the same code is used for 67.65, but in the NFO for 67.65 the spaces are "forgotten"). Like i wrote i checked the code by 10 times, or so. After i couldn't get it to work i just left it, leaving probably "dangling" tags.

Also i forgot to mention that the mess probably only happens when you LIST items, like i do all the time.

It's still a problem and it did started even before we i put in the NFO content (weeks ago). I was always able SOMEHOW to solve it by repeating the correcting process, but now...... :)

:)

I corrected the code again, but guess what...., now i marked the wrong code with the :) symbol and a note what's wrong

• 2 weeks later...

Alright guys, here is the moddified Dell INF from me for 67.65, I am about to test it and have enabled more options! :)

For those of you that do not know what it is, here is an excerpt from the INF. (I am too lazy to type it all out)

; Bill's INF version 2.60 for NVIDIA Forceware Driver version 67.65
; http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showuser=344
; or here bill@laptopvideo2go.com
; This is the Dell INF for Dell laptop users that has Dell settings  but with extra pages and stuff enabled.(except overclocking)
; as well as name changes on GPUs ( for example, GeForce 4 Go instead of Dell 8200)

Hope you guys like this. :)

Bill

Modded_Dell_INF_for_6765.zip ( 9.03k ) Number of downloads: 60

Merged 67.60 from Eurocom (WHQL go6800) with OSNN's version, now lots of International support and a new NFO.

Setup files also included now.

FYI. Had some serious freezing problems with these drivers (the 67.66's, that is). Still troubleshooting (might be that these don't handle the OC as well as the 71.20's) *shrugs*.

I've updated my comments in the original driver post and now feel 67.66 should be the driver of choice for most of us. It will perform betther than the RAM-hungry 7x.xx drivers on most laptops, while fixing a fair number of bugs that remained in 67.03.

But Ronin is right. It may not be the best driver for overclockers.

Hi, i'm new here, i am using the 67.66 drivers (i have tried lots of others and they all do it) and appreciate the modded drivers, i just have 2 slight annoyances.

1. When i scroll in Internet Explorer the background dims and when i stop scolling (with optical mouse wheel) it doesn't dim, is there a way to stop the dimming effect?

2. Also when i scroll up or down fast the characters on the screen melt together, i know the 5200go isn't the best for a notebook but it shouldn't have these two effects, does anyone know what is happening or how to stop this from happening?

I don't game at all i just didn't want shared video for my first notebook.

I'm running Windows XP Home SP2

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Hallo,

1)The dim effect is new to me. Never experienced it or read it here. :)

2) This one sounds to me like there is "Optimized Scrolling" enabled in IE. You can try to disable it the "Internet Options Control Panel", Advandced Tab, and then there are two radio buttons hidden in the vast amount of options there: "optimize Scrolling" and " optimize Browsing" or ssomething (don't know the exact in English as i have German).

I you disable both the 'Optimazation', you will noticed a noticable amount of speed increase while scrolling in both IE and Windows Explorer.

Thanks for the reply, i disabled smooth scrolling and that fixed it, i never thought of it, but i'm glad the minor annoyance is fixed.

Thanks again.

I do notice that the text still blends together on some websites and in Outlook Express, do you or anyone know how to fix the blending?

The smooth scrolling helps but it still does it sometimes.

You may be experiencing font display problems that may affect many LCD displays. Here is a page from M$ for Clear Type. It explains a bit about the problem and offers on-line mods to improve the clarity. There is also a link provided to a downloadable Power Toy version as well.

• 1 month later...

Anybody here with XPSP2 not displaying entering the hibernation mode: just showing a black display and actually doesn't entering hibernation mode. Need to press Power Button. All happened on a Toshiba M30.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I've sent this message via PM but just in case...

" Hi. I checked out your boards and installed the 67.66 nVidia driver you have (with the standard .inf files override, not the performance one). I might have had to do a little search for the RotateFlag and change the value to 0x40 but that was easy.

My question is that when I install the performance .inf file, I noticed there is quite a bit of artifacting when playing FMVs for certain games which have their own compression system, namely Freespace 2. I noticed that sometimes it has some "weird aliasing" issues involved. Moreover, after installing 67.66, I did notice a sharpness in quality. Does this have something to do more with Direct X than the .inf file? I wonder where I can rewrite that certain portion that disables the "blurry-ness" caused by the performance driver. Also, I noticed that weird things start to happen when AA is activated. Mostly either shadow issues or even video playback itself."

I use the same 'Perfmance settings' for all my INFs.

I'm not an expert in this field, Xtreme G do a much better job with this. www.tweaksrus.com

Give their 67.66 performance driver ago and see how you get on.

I helped them make their mobile INFs, but they add and update the performance parts.

There are so many possiblities to consider when it comes to games etc.

I have been thnking about not doing performance INFs as I don't have time to update/test them.

Is it nessecary to re-install/update the driver to make use of the .infs? Or could I just stick 'em there and overwrite the last one? I used to overwrite the preexisting file in the extracted folders before I try to update my driver to it.

Pieter i noticed on a Desktop v67.66 install with INF v30.53 that Hibernation doesn't work. Same symptoms like what John and i saw on a Laptop earlier.

This happens with a GF TI 4600 i think, have to check again the model.

Sfried, yes, you do need to reinstall to make use of the inf. The inf basically provides the installation instructions.

You can achieve some of the same results by using NVTweak and RivaTuner, but our reason for being here is to allow you to install up to date drivers that might not be provided by your laptop manufacturer.