LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v67.60, v67.65, v67.66 XP 32bit | NV, ALiENWARE, ASUS, EUROCOM

®®®

Pieter i noticed on a Desktop v67.66 install with INF v30.53 that Hibernation doesn't work. Same symptoms like what John and i saw on a Laptop earlier.

This happens with a GF TI 4600 i think, have to check again the model.

Desktops use what ever is the default, there are no special settings that I put in the INF for Desktops.

So not sure what is happening with them.

Ok thanks, then i must look for something else :)

You have tried the MapOSD3NV= 2/3 ?

You will need to unistall and reinstall driver, as an install over the top of old driver doesn't work :)

I discovered this the other day with many tests.

It is that this Desktop PC was beyond running smoothly (had Viruses, wild installations, no Windows Updates, no SP2, no up2date nForce2 drivers etc.etc). I was forced to do a fresh, clean install. Now everything is fine.

Thanks for the hint with uninstallation for proper MAPOSD3 working :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest metalangel

I know these are ancient drivers but anyway...

I've got an almost identical Inspiron 8200 to Bill (1.7Ghz and Win2k are the only real differences) but his 67.65 inf doesn't work for me... my screen becomes convinced it can only go as high as 1400x1050, and I get a lovely effect of a rainbow down the right-hand side of the screen, while the top quarter of the screen is duplicated again at the bottom (basically, it's usable and b0rked at the same time)

This is after an uninstall and Detonator RIP of my existing drivers. I'm at wit's end with this, and I'm stuck with the recommended and positively prehistoric drivers from Dell again.

Please :) , mucho gratitude in advance :)

Hi, try out the "Remove-Phantom-Devices-Procedure" described HERE. It might help getting installed the driver properly.

Guest metalangel

Hi, I tried what you suggested and had no luck, I tried another half-dozen increasingly older drivers and have finally managed to get everything going properly again with 56.77.

Not quite what I'd hoped, but anything else and I wind up with the weird corrupted screen (the problem is my Ultrasharp UXGA screen gets it into its head that its maximum resolution is 1400x1050 and not 1600x1200) which I have no idea how to fix.

I'm just relieved to have it working again - three hours of frustation later! :)

:)

Though i can't see any specs, i see it clearly now that you suffer from a problem described in the FAQ HERE (including solution).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ChAzZ

was getting choppy video (alternates smooth then choppy or freeze every few seconds of intense video motion) with my inspiron 5150 (nvidia go5200 64) so i upgraded from microsoft's drivers to the 67.66 driver. still getting choppy video. tried reducing system resources, reducing video acceleration, upgraded BIOS, removed spyware, blah blah blah, nothing helps.

any ideas?

Try using my inf, found at the bottom of the first post here.

That should work (I have the same laptop), but if it doesn't, go into the APG page of the nvidia control panel and make sure Fastwrites are enabled. This is one of the most important settings for smooth video.

If that doesn't help, go into the overlay settings page of the nvidia control panel and uncheck the "Use VMR" box. You might also need to disable it in whatever video player you use.

Guest ChAzZ

tried your driver, no noticeable difference. tried with and without VMR.

everytime video graphics get intense (i.e. motion) i get the skips and freezes.

have you ever had this problem on your computer?

• 2 months later...

One odd question, once installed, how do I determine which .inf actually got used? I normally used the 30.53 (non-P) .inf file since it has sharper visuals than the 30.53 P, sharp enough that turning off anti-aliasing actually doesn't affect overall display quality (at least for my monitor). But I did a couple of system restores and now I'm not quite sure is some of those reverted back to my old 67.66 Performance driver.

Which ever INF you replaced the original with is one that gets used.

Which ever INF you replaced the original with is one that gets used.

Yes, but how do I determine that? I don't know how long I've switched the last driver with the ordinary .inf installation so I wanted to find a way without having to accidentally reinstall the same driver twice.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...

That is weird. There is no link to the 67.66 performance inf either. How would this be found? When I search the forums for 67.66 there are no results, so I guess the search feature doesn't like dots.