LaptopVideo2Go Forums

LaptopVideo2Go Appeal : Help Tsunami Victims

Almighty1

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Have been pretty busy the past few days but I just wanted to take this time to say this:

Reuters is now reporting that 150,000+ people are dead as a result of the South Asia/East Asia tsunami that hit countries on Boxing Day as a result of the Indian Ocean earthquake with a magnitude of 9.0 on the richter scale. The hardest hit areas are Thailand, Indonesia and Sri Lanka. There are tens of thousand of people still un-accounted for, and the real figure could be much much higher. Hundreds of thousands of people are still at serious risk from disease and they desperately need your help and support. In all, as many as five million people are without homes.

Please, spare what you can. International Aid Organizations can help make a difference. They need your donations urgently. With donations, they can help get vital supplies like clean water and drugs to the places most badly hit.

This is a tragedy on a global scale and badly needs a strong global response. I have already donated via Hong Kong's TVB (Television Broadcasts Limited) which uses your donation to 6 different charity organizations and will make another donation to the American Red Cross through Hong Kong Vintage Pop Radio.

Reach out to those in great need, donate to one or both of the following:

1) Make checks payable to "CCHC-TSU" and in the memo area, write 6363-3424 and mail to the following address:

TVB USA

Attn: TSU Donation

15411 Blackburn Avenue

Norwalk, CA 90650 USA

2) HKVP Radio Tsunami Relief LIVE Charity Request Hour

Request a song and donate money to help the tsunami victims during HKVP Radio Charity Request Hour. 100% of the proceeds will benefit the tsunami victims through American Red Cross International Response Fund to aid the tsunami victims.. Accepting donations now.

Make a donation

Check your local broadcast schedule

charityrequesthour2.jpg

View: Hub of Information : Tsunami relief @ Google | Constantly updating coverage of the tragedy

Video: Amateur Videos of Tsunami coming in 1 | 2 | 3 | Cryptome Photos

Screenshot: Scale of the damage : before and after at Banda Aceh Satellite Photos

Good post.

It's unbelievable what happened there.

I clearly remember the Sunday when the wave hit the coast and news reported 3000 dead people, which was clearly a tooo small number in that moment in my eyes after an sea earthquake and the resulting tsunami wave. After day 1 the numbers and concsciusness of what REALLY happened there and what a tragedy it is rose in public. There are soo many people dead it's really unbelievable, people who survived the wave have NOTHING left over.

There is NO wave/earthquake warning system like in Japan, so people where completely surprised.

Help them!