LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Everquest 2 performance on laptops

Guest Amoklebia

Guest Amoklebia

hi all,

does anybody here play everquest 2? unfortunately i've got serious problems with frames in most locations even when game options are set to max. high performance and 1024x768..

location >> frames:

qeynos all areas >> ~6-12 :)

antonica >> ~15-20 :)

private room >> ~30-40 :P

any comment would be appreciated *sigh*

Try a different driver.

Maybe 71.24, 67.50 or the new 67.6x drivers.

• 1 year later...
Guest Guest

i also have a problem with everquest 2 which is a pitty because its such a great game and im soooo bored with wow, i tryed the 71.24 driver and it did really help, but framerate still seems to drop when trying to handle water and at other times,

does anyone no how to get the bet performance without totally reducing the settings

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest

I have a go 6800 as well and get bad pauses in my framerate...as well as pauses when I take items off my char doll or back on from inventory.

The interesting thing is that I tried it on the test server and its smooth as glass...so I'm still wondering if its something in their code.

I'm off topic... as usual... I had the opportunity to see how Guild Wars works on an Athlon 2500+ and a Geforce 4 4200 in 1280x1024.

###### the devs behind the game got it all... works on old hardware AND doesn't require monthly fee.