• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ronin

• mobilenvidia

• ®®®

• ZZTOP77

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice score Thobel, the highest so far, only about 8x faster than the next GPU down the pecking order.

How about a 2k1 and or a 2k3 score as well, will look a little better on the chart with some other scores.

I'm envious.

You have the current speed crown thobel :)

Your scores are now in ights on the webpage.

Enjoy.

Clevo make the MB, so wether you own a VoodooPC, Eurocom Sager or Clevo their all the same internally.

I'll change the Description.

Also crown was short lived, you've been beaten.

It is very hard to tell wether OCing is going on here.

I might have to just amalgamate the columns together.

Enjoy,

Pieter.

Guest thobel
Clevo make the MB, so wether you own a VoodooPC, Eurocom Sager or Clevo their all the same internally.

I'll change the Description.

Also crown was short lived, you've been beaten.

It is very hard to tell wether OCing is going on here.

I might have to just amalgamate the columns together.

Enjoy,

Pieter.

Where can I see his futuremark?

omg its more then double the 5650 scores i feel the neeed for another lappy soon

These GPU's kick arse.

Apparently there will be an even faster version of this GPU coming out, with higher Core/Mem speeds.

These first go6800's are clocked quite slow.

Just a rumour, this probably won't happen till after the go6600 and go6200 and the TE series (shared RAM).

Anyhow, my dribble bib is soaked I'd better get back to my trusty GF2go. :snail:

know what ya mean now if only they could make a gamer oriented laptop that also had a nice bat life kinda like a 9100 with a nvidia gpu and a p m 2.x that would be very nice and a docking station *drool*

These GPU's kick arse.

Apparently there will be an even faster version of this GPU coming out, with higher Core/Mem speeds.

Just a rumour, this probably won't happen till after the go6600 and go6200 and the TE series (shared RAM).

Anyhow, my dribble bib is soaked I'd better get back to my trusty GF2go. :snail:

I'm waiting to see how the x800M works I can upgrade my laptop ( for a fee of course)

i could have gotten a 9100 or xps if i liked ati but way to many probs with drivers on there side i've seen it so....

These GPU's kick arse.

I'm waiting to see how the x800M works I can upgrade my laptop ( for a fee of course)

The x800 seems to perform slightly better than the go6800 overall, from Sager review (ATI bias me thinks, seeing they no longer have the go6800 as soon as the x800 came on the scene, must be contract agreement)

But I'd like to see a non biased review to compare.

These GPU's kick arse.

The x800 seems to perform slightly better than the go6800 overall, from Sager review (ATI bias me thinks, seeing they no longer have the go6800 as soon as the x800 came on the scene, must be contract agreement)

But I'd like to see a non biased review to compare.

Agreed. The new Go 6800's are said to be a big improvment over the current batch.

Anyone have any info on the future Go 6800's?

I have a custom laptop on it's way (should be here by mid next week) that's very similar to the Sager. Specs are (based on my quote):

i915P: P4 to 3.60GHz (800FSB), w/RAID 0,1/USB 2.0/1394/Gb LAN/Modem*

Intel P4 560 3.6E (S775) w/1MB L2 Cache

High-Performance Notebook HeatPipe CPU Heatsink w/Triple Cooling Fans

(Qty: 4) 512MB DDR2-533 PC4200 High-Performance SO-DIMM SDRAM

Onboard 2-Ch SATA RAID 0/1 + 2-Ch Promise ATA100 RAID 0/1

SATA 40GB HD 8MB Cache for Notebooks - 5400RPM High-Performance

SATA 40GB HD 8MB Cache for Notebooks - 5400RPM High-Performance

PCIe 256MB DDR2 NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Go (NV41M) w/DVI/HD-SVideoTV-Out

Built-In VideoCamera! + TV-Tuner w/Rem/SVid I/O/DVI-Out/HD YPbPr-Out

8xDVD Reader / 24x10x24 CDRW Combo Drive

External USB Powered 1.44MB Slim Floppy Drive

17 in WideScreen NB Keyboard w/Full Numeric Pad/Built-in Touch Pad

Integrated Touch Pad with 2 Buttons

8-Ch HD AC'97 Audio CODEC v2.2 w/Mic/SPDIF

Powerful Integrated 4.1 QUAD Stereo Speakers with SubWoofer

Dual Internal Ethernet Combo: Turbo108G 802.11g (Wi-Fi) + Realtek Gb (RJ-45)

Built-In 56k v.90 FaxModem - (RJ-11)

17in WideScreen Cinematic WSXGA+(1680x1050)/400:1/Hi-Contrast/Color

I'll be sure to post here when I have my results. I'm betting the performance will be pretty close. :)

i could have gotten a 9100 or xps if i liked ati but way to many probs with drivers on there side i've seen it so....

The XPS is a beast, and apparently has been notoriously bad about providing 9800's with shoddy RAM (causing BSODs on cold boots going into 3d apps).

that might be true no way of knowing but it might also be the crappy drivers compiments of ati, I've seen the all the problems my friends have with ati and i must say having a lower fps rate and no problems with drivers rocks unless of course u have that lappy u ordered :)

I only mention it because I've had some coworkers that I've had to help with their machines, and 2, who had identical XPS', had the same issue with some games.

Ronin, your rather nice rig sounds like it's on a Clevo D900T Chassis/MB.

They make the MBs for Eurocom/Sager/Alienware/VoodooPC etc.

1 question how come the small HD's?, I would have gone for a couple of 80GB or even 100GB 5400 RPM Parrallel ATA drives.

SATA are fast in burst mode but afer the cache is used they are just as fast as their parrallel brothers.

80GB will fill up very fast.

All the same a very nice machine, and I look forward to adding your score to the table.

Also there are rumours of faster Core and Memory (DDR3) speeds in the next batch of go6800's.

Not sure how tru it is but time will tell (February I heard)

Enjoy

Not sure where this one will sit.

The laptop is nothing more than a test machine for me, so the HD space doesn't really matter. It will have a few select games on it, and some benchmarking programs, and that's about it. With the opportunity to get SATA raid, I decided to jump on the chance and see what it could do.

Yes some HDTach benchies of would be nice as well.