LaptopVideo2Go Forums

3dmark05 Results for FX Go 6800

Guest thobel

This is for Bill  :(

First one is the short test, second one is the long test.

Also, with no defragging at this point.

:( :) :) :P :P

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ronin

• mobilenvidia

• ®®®

• ZZTOP77

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes just just saw the HDTach score, wow :)

OCed run, not stock.

Will get you the bios info either later tonight or tomorrow.

Your core/mem clock according to 2k3 is 201/402 Mhz ?? underclocked or wrong reporting ??

That sore is the higest by far :)

I'll recheck back in the morning I'm sleepy, I'll count triangles to get me to sleep :)

Didn't seem to report right for the other guys, either, so I dunno, but it's running at the same clock speeds I did my 2k5 runs at.

Nice scores.

Apparently nVidia will make the initial Go6800s at 200/400, and they will release the Go6800 'Ultra' & Quadro FXGo1400 at 295/570 soon.

Again, the good thing about MXM. Just swap and go. :)

18706 - 2k1

9843 - 2k3

4346 - 2k5

56222 - AQ3

This is what I ended up with. All 3 of the 3dMark scores are the highest in their class (of 6800 Go's). The AQ3 score can't be compared, because there's no filter for it.

Cheers Ronin,

Scores are up, any chance of sometime doing some default speed tests ?

This will give folks an idea of what their up against.

RivaTuner has a realtime Clock checker included. Would be best to determine the default clock first if it's unclear

I've been using the sys monitor with RT to make sure the clocks are where they should be. Sometimes, however, before the app starts, the clock speeds are such that they're at the min for some reason, but once the app starts, they kick up to where they should be.

Then maybe PowerMizer is active?

Then maybe PowerMizer is active?

Powermizer is set to 100% performance on both plug and battery, so I don't think so. :)

thanks, added. What about those 2D/3D setting i've seen pictures of (available for for newer GPUs)

The 2d speeds are limited in RT (and even in PowerStrip), so you can't get the card to run the same 2d speed as the 3d speed, and RT also lists a 'safe range' clock speed that you can't change whatsoever.

About those HDD scores ZZTOP77, I was talking about laptop HDDs, was that on your Westurn Digital HD? That sounds like a desktop HDD to me, so you can't really compare, I would like to see somebody else with an IDE laptop HDD try to beat mine, but right now there isn't any faster laptop IDE drive than the H7K60. :thumbsup:

Anyway, nice RAID scores Ronin, it might not be possible but I would like to see the score of say just one HDD, mine might actually beat your sustained right speed 1 on 1.

lol

Keep the benchmarks coming, just don't fry your GPU, you can send the laptop to me if you fry the graphics card.... :whistling:

Anyway nice laptop you have there, although I would have got more HDD space for all the games I would install on it, and mobile video capturing....

Bill

I'm doing stock runs right now @ 300/600. Will let you know how things fair when I'm done.

Cheers for that, I now have a complete set of figures. :)

All those figures I was given before were OC'ed.

The go6800 chart has been cleaned up.

I'm waiting to fill in that blank QFXGo1400 section....should be in a couple weeks now :)

About those HDD scores ZZTOP77, I was talking about laptop HDDs, was that on your Westurn Digital HD? That sounds like a desktop HDD to me, so you can't really compare, I would like to see somebody else with an IDE laptop HDD try to beat mine, but right now there isn't any faster laptop IDE drive than the H7K60. :(

Bill

I know Bill

Its just desktop HDD in laptop ,, too bad that SATA WD raptor 74GB 10000 rpm can't get connected to MOBO & is no SATA / IDE adapter on market which gonna fit in that small space i got :) :P

I gonna get some new HDD soon , but i have not yet decide which :P

& my new 1GB DRR400 are on way , well see :P

:)

better get new lappy though :)

I more though , how is your external HDD bench , Bill ? :(

post-5-11062796460_thumb.gif

I'm waiting to fill in that blank QFXGo1400 section....should be in a couple weeks now :)

Yes, I also await your benchies.

Wonder what the default clocks will be, will it coincide with a go6800 ultra ?

It depends on wheather I use firewire or USB or USB 2.0 for my external HDD, my old laptop HDD is on a USB 2.0 only cable, and is slow anyway so I will not bother posting benches of it, it performs the same as running my desktop HDD on USB 2.

Now when I run my Seagate Baracuda 160 GB 7,200 RPM 8 MB cache HDD on firewire, I get this.

If you divide the sequential read and the burst speed in half that is about what you get with USB 2.0, for me anyway. (I have not run that many benchmarks on it)

It looks like your external got beat, hehe.

Who thinks I should start a thread just for Hard Disk Drive benchmarks?

As they really should not be posted in this thread.

Also, I have been having problems with firewire occasionally with this enclosure, but now on USB 2.0, I occasionally get delayed write errors and stuff on more than just my computer, I am not sure what is causing it, hopefully just some setting I can change, I am going to email the enclosure manufacturer, they will answer too, one time I asked them If I could put computer case lights on my enclosure, since it has a 4 pin power connector, (lol :) ) they actually gave me a serious answer, and said their should be enough power, but it is not reccommended, I need to get some red lights that match it and my mouse pad, and try to put them on it. :P

This is my enclosure I have, it rules for 5.25 USB 2 and 1394a ones!

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-145-544&depa=0

If you are in to portable storage, I would suggest getting this and a laptop HDD of your choice (not too expensive or fast as it will run slow on USB2 anyway)

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-155-704&depa=0

They also have 1.8 inch HDD enclosures now, exactly where you buy HDD for them I am not sure.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-155-702&depa=0

Both of the above enclosures can run off of USB, so no power adapter is required, much bigger bang for your buck than a low capacity flash driver, which only hold a few gigs (you can get an enclosure and a 30GB laptop HDD for about the same price)

For those wondering how I plug my old laptop HDD up, I use this cable (not an enclosure)

http://www.sabrent.com/products/specs/SBT-UI235.htm

I bougth it from new egg but they do not seem to have it anymore. :)

Edit: I added stuff and fixed the links, man this is a big *** post!

post-5-11063469330_thumb.gif