LaptopVideo2Go Forums

nVidia GeForce4 420 GO

tjk

I'm looking for an updated video driver for a GF4 420 GO with 32 MB DDR. The Gateway site ahs noting but the original driver. Suggestions?

Sorry for taking so long to answer ( :) )

You can use any driver you wish that you see here and has a modded INF to go with it.

Have a look at the FAQ or the website for install instructions.

I would recommend 67.02 as a good starting point.

Enjoy and tell us how you got on, us Gateway'ers must unite.

:) I didn't know that there was another NV Gateway out there! Thought you and Larry were the only one. Now there's also the M500 :)

One day we shall rule the laptop world.

Thanks - I'll try it today and let you know how things work out. Which INF would you recommend?

And yes, if we don't already, one day we will...

My math teacher has a Gateway Solo, I am not sure which one it is or its specs, but I do know it has a Celeron and some strange 4 MB graphics card. (not Nvidia or ATI)

It looks pretty old.

Gateway generally use ATI for their GPU's.

There are/were many Solo models, the last of the 4 digit models was the 9550 (as used by me)

The numbering is a little odd now 3 digit, very hard to work out the top of the line models and sub models.

I'm quite surprised at how long mine has lasted as it's had a hard life, the battery charging circuit has died along with the power adaptor socket (now only plugged into docking station works)

But it just keeps on going, could do with some more RAM, and bigger/faster HD.

As for INF try just the normal v30.51 INF (fully twaeaked), this has everything enabled.

Thanks for your helpful suggestions. Unfortunately, 67.07 gave me all sorts of trouble no matter wgich INF I used. I noticed a performance cahrt elsewhere on this site that reported stats for older 53.04 on the GF4 420 GO, and that worked great. At long last I'm in business with an updated driver that so far is giving me great results!