LaptopVideo2Go Forums

2nd series of go6800 lappies out next month

mobilenvidia

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like a March release now, Eurocom keep putting back their new laptop release (D700T a smaller version of the D900T but still with PCIexpress).

It also mentions on the D700T model the go6800+ GPU, could this be the new name with DDR3 memory just like the current X800.

I know Alienware announced some time back a Go6800 that turned out to be "PCI plug compatible" instead of being a true PCI Express card.

I wonder what the new Go6800 by Eurocom is, sounds like a nice jump forward in GPUs for laptops.

Eurocom/Sager/ABS/Alienware etc etc all use the Clevo D900T Chassis/MB so all their machimes are the same.

They also have the PCIe X800 so would assume that the MXM cards are PCIe.

The future improvement looks to be DDR3 for the go6800 instead of DDR at the moment and maybe a slght speed increase to it's original specs 300/600.

Time will tell, Eurocom are good for announcing upcoming technology but notorious for delaying it.

Time will tell.

You are 100% correct, as always.

The 256MB PCI-X Quadro FXGo1400 (inside the M70 on it's way to me) uses GDDR3 & is also clocked at 300/600; I am surprised they didn't make it 295/570 for the sake of "workstation stability" :)

So the Dell will be the first non-Clevo Chassis ?

The Quadro will definitly come with DD3 memory from the start I do believe.

I'm not always right :) , I just sound so convincing that it looks that way :)

So the Dell will be the first non-Clevo Chassis ?

Looks like it; I checked our "Quote to Order" page a couple minutes back, and my M70 (configuration in my signature below) now shows a revised (earlier) shipping date of 02/18/2005, so I'll post GPU reviews early next week :)

Cool on both counts (guest as well), I look forward to those scores.