LaptopVideo2Go Forums

cPax v1.000 | Synaptics cPad Enhancement tool

sn0wl

Possible cPax bug!

There seems to be a windows refresh problem after beta 3 of cPax. When I unzip a file for example, I have to press F5 to refresh window to see unzipped folder. This happens with beta 4 and beta 5. Please tell me if you are having the same problem as well. I think I know what causes this but I want to know if that problem is something with my configuration.

Edit: Will be fixed in beta 6.

Edited by sn0wl

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sn0wl

• ®®®

• smax

• TheRealBeezle

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not here with beta5, but generally the Explorer Refresh problem is a known annoying feature since windows 98 or so, that *sometimes* and at least for me not reproducable pops up and then i found no way to have it work properly again. Even some of the common Explorer Refresh registry tweaks had no positive effect when i tested it, but maybe i was just too inpatient.

Did you use a Tweaking tool in the last days?

This is something really weird, I'm sure its something to do with cPax. When I close it refresh problem is gone. Nope I didn't use any tweak tool lately, but I remember an option in one of them for refresh thing :)

Edit: It appears to be internal file access bug. Fixed in beta 6.

Edited by sn0wl

Should I change backlight toggle button from tapping a corner of cPad to middle button? Or should I use middle button for something else (application launcher? :) ).

Guest joshlawless

I think it would be a nice option to have the middle button turn the light on/off, but I also like having the option to leave the button visible on the cPad. Could you include both as an option?

And what kind of application would prompt such a :) ? My curiousity is piqued!

Should I change backlight toggle button from tapping a corner of cPad to middle button? Or should I use middle button for something else (application launcher? whistling.gif).

My opinion is application launcher ( :) ) for middle button as used in cpad application earlier and i LOVE the bulb icon shown on cpad display and also LOVE it to 'touch' it with my finger :) . Sounds nerdy, but is the truth.

(josh i added the buzzards fan on/off util to the list.)

Finally, here is the long waited Application Launcher feature :)

Next release will include an option to use middle button as light switch also.

So enjoy the beta 6, this is getting really fun. :) :P

Let me go and think of new features. :(

post-10-11076743950_thumb.jpg

:) thanks! :)

Report:

I have those two pictures in the wallpaprer dir: StarWars.bmp and StarWars2.bmp, that should be shown alternating in decent slow speed and they did earlier, but with beta6 they just alternate both in a second (both are shown in a second), so it seems to me as if something with the timing isn't correct. Currently i moved the animation slider to the right (slow) and then one notch to the left.

Also now i moved the clock from the top left to the bottom left corner, but there are still pixels of the actual background picture shown below the clock, so something with the coordinates is wrong. I use size of 21, when i choose size of 20 everything is correct, but the clock is too thin, so i like to stick with 21.

The light bulb is now on the top left corner and working correct.

Have to test the application menu...

We should also add that to the Toshiba Console :)

Here's the code (assuming you have renamed it to cpax.exe and cpaxsettings.exe and have them located in %PROGRAMFILES%\Toshiba\cPax\cpax.exe)

; added by me

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TOSHIBA\TInTch\Ctgry3]

"Icon"=""

"Info"="Customize additional settings"

"Name"="Additional Application Settings"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TOSHIBA\TInTch\Ctgry3\0]

"Name"="YAMAHA S-YXG50"

"Info"="S_YZXG50 is a virtual instrument to play MIDI on a personal computer. This software is not installed when you start Windows first. If you would like to get morerich

expression of MIDI sound, we recommend you to install this software."

"Path"=C:\\S-YXG50\\Setup\\SETUP.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TOSHIBA\TInTch\Ctgry3\1]

"Name"="Specs PDF"

"Info"="5205-S703/4 Official Technical Specifications PDF"

"Module"="%PROGRAMFILES%\\Toshiba\\TOSHIBA Controls\\specs.ico"

"Icon"=dword:00000000

"Path"="E:\\5205S703\\PDFs\\US.Sat5205.S703.pdf"

"Option"="

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TOSHIBA\TInTch\Ctgry3\2]

"Name"="CPU SpeedStep"

"Info"="Allows switching on/off dynamic speed of CPU (Intel SpeedStep)."

"Module"="hwsetup.cpl"

"Path"="hwsetup.cpl"

"Option"=",/t:cpu"

"Icon"=dword:00000003

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TOSHIBA\TInTch\Ctgry3\3]

"Name"="Boot Options"

"Info"="Allows you to change the Boot order sequence of internal devices."

"Module"="hwsetup.cpl"

"Path"="hwsetup.cpl"

"Option"=",/t:boot"

"Icon"=dword:00000002

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TOSHIBA\TInTch\Ctgry3\4]

"Name"="RemoteX"

"Info"="Remote Control & SubLCD buttons Enhancement Tool. For information, support, help and just a 'Thank you, Gennady!' pls. visit

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....opic=5977"

"Module"="%PROGRAMFILES%\\Toshiba\\TOSHIBA Controls\\ToshSrv.cpl"

"Icon"=dword:00000007

"Path"="%PROGRAMFILES%\\Toshiba\\RemoteX\\RemoteX.exe"

"Option"="

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TOSHIBA\TInTch\Ctgry3\5]

"Name"="cPax"

"Info"="Synaptics cPad enhancement tool. Support & suggestions here: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....opic=6739"

"Module"="%PROGRAMFILES%\\Toshiba\\cPax\\cpax.exe"

"Path"="%PROGRAMFILES%\\Toshiba\\cPax\\cpax.exe"

"Option"="

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TOSHIBA\TInTch\Ctgry3\6]

"Name"="cPax Settings"

"Info"="Starts the settings tool for cPax and allows you to edit the cPax behaviour like customizing the applications which can be started with the middle button."

"Module"="%PROGRAMFILES%\\Toshiba\\cPax\\cpaxsettings.exe"

"Path"="%PROGRAMFILES%\\Toshiba\\cPax\\cpaxsettings.exe"

"Option"="

post-10-11077121000_thumb.gif

I was going to ask for you help for that in beta 7, along with a installer :P

I'm currently working on beta 6b that will fix animation speed bug and a few others.

Have you tried application launcher yet? I like it ^_^

Thanks for the report, I absolutely need feedback like this for each version release. They are beta you know :)

Also is there anyway I can get in touch with you by means of a messenger program? It would be better to talk about development real time :)

tried application launcher yet
sorry no, not yet , must do some other stuff right now
anyway I can get in touch with you by means of a messenger program
soory also no, i'm strange concerning IMs, will never use them

Installer btach:

md %PROGRAMFILES%\thoshiba\cpax
copy *.* %PROGRAMFILES%\thoshiba\cpax
reg add cpax.reg
(start) cpaxsettings.exe

cpax.reg would be the reg posted above with some modifications. (Or everything could also be added to the batch)

Of course there would some more commands, but you got the idea. The idea of there's no need for an installer :)

Where does the light bulb & "touching finger" (application launcher) icon come from? are they in the SDK and are they any other icons?

I assignend an application to the first and it opens. Hm what more to say :) .For a more complete test i need to invest some time......

i noticed also that something is weird with the open/close cpax function in the cpax sattings app since beta6. It doesn't work sometimes :) and i need to manually start cpax to test the settings.

Where does the light bulb & "touching finger" (application launcher) icon come from? are they in the SDK and are they any other icons?
No, I integrated them into exe.
i noticed also that something is weird with the open/close cpax function in the cpax sattings app since beta6. It doesn't work sometimes  and i need to manually start cpax to test the settings.

I had to change some code for file access to prevent windows refresh bug, I will work on it to make it stable, you are right.

Anyway batch and reg are nearly ready, thanks for them. I ll probably include them in next release.

A problem with bat file ...

md %PROGRAMFILES%\toshiba\cpax

copy cpax\*.* %PROGRAMFILES%\toshiba\cpax

reg add cpax.reg

this is how output is

C:\Documents and Settings\sn0wl>md C:\Program Files\toshiba\cpax

A subdirectory or file C:\Program already exists.

Error occurred while processing: C:\Program.

A subdirectory or file Files\toshiba\cpax already exists.

Error occurred while processing: Files\toshiba\cpax.

i could have a look at the batch when it's ready and if there's anything that comes to my mind (creativity?) i could "enhance" it :)

Uh, just saw your post:

the command regadd is wrong it must be regedit /s cpax.reg and there must be a header in the reg file called "regedit4"

and you need the path set in to " xxxx....bla "

Edited by ®®®

I'm bad at bat files. Could you just make one that I can edit variables? Thanks.

Sure :) I'm bad or better have not a tiny bit of experience concerning C, but i know my way around quite good in batch files.

Can you attach what you have right now or is it what i posted?

but i know my way around quite good in batch files.

You sure do!

I have modified reg file. Thanks again! Also for content copying, can you make it so bat file will copy files in 'bat file path'\cpax to appropriate folder? I want installer bat and reg file to stand alone.

is there a reason why 3 files are hidden? (cnc and the bmp file)

Nope, just to make folder less crowded.

"cPax" | Synaptics cPad backlight on/off tool ? Only that ? :)

:)

It's time to change that!!

It's now a full replacement to the cPad application, so there is no need to keep the old Synaptics driver and cPad application. Just the small cpax 60Kb exe and the new driver.

To be exact it's now the UBER-CPAD-ENHANCEMENT-TOOL.

Uh i made some researches agian some days ago and i found the life time of cpad backlight is only 1000-3000 hours instaed of the 10.000 hours i remembered. So lets even be more carefull how long the light is on. I haven't researched where and how much it would cost to replace the light :)

So if youre nighttime active like me and have the light on for 4 hours every day or so it would probably be O.K. for ~ 1 year or so.

-------------

Although i live in Berlin and used to live for 7 years in Kreuzberg i forgot what is YES NO in Turkish?

Yeah backlight life is something we should keep in mind. For next release I guess I should add more light-saving options. In application launcher mode light is on whole time, I think it's a good idea to have limit there also, like 60 seconds. Middle button should also be used as light on/off switch, I will add that too (when not using application launcher indeed).

So, anymore feedback on beta 6b and suggestions (erm, just in case if you mention calender, even though you said cPax is replacement of original application, no way! :) ) ? I basicly added most of the features I wanted since I bought this laptop.

Like I said before, I believe original cpad application was only good for showoff, but now cpax is sure much more functional.

BTW I don't like alarm sound, do you have a replacement for it? :) File is external to be customised.

---

YES = EVET

NO = HAYIR

:P

still working on it... :) this all is based on all my other batch files so no need to write from scratch :) just need to edit a little bit and think about "possible cases".

Here's a shot:

post-10-11077326700_thumb.gif

Looking great!

Reg file should be static so from now on I will name core application just cPax.exe and settings application cPax Settings.exe

Also due to some internal changes in some releases, all files except /wallpaper folder should be replaced, sorry but even settings file.

OH :) . OK! also the apps.txt?