LaptopVideo2Go Forums

cPax v1.000 | Synaptics cPad Enhancement tool

sn0wl

Anybody knows how to disable the Battery Icon in the tray? I have it set up only to appear when when Battery is inserted (no icon when AC), but i don't need the icon anymore as cPax shows the status :)

Hopefully somebody can provide a registry setting or a hint how to get rid of it.

//here are all the pics i have on my HD Josh's are missing and some still need to be renamed or edited (the dragon is weird)

cPad_pics.exe

Edited by ®®®

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sn0wl

• ®®®

• smax

• TheRealBeezle

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anybody knows how to disable the Battery Icon in the tray? I have it set up only to appear when when Battery is inserted (no icon when AC), but i don't need the icon anymore as cPax shows the status
You're using XP, right? Maybe you can use Hiding Notification, thats what comes to mind first.
//here are all the pics i have on my HD Josh's are missing and some still need to be renamed or edited (the dragon is weird)

Great, I've modified them to work with cPax but I think I should wait a bit more (trying to implement a new wallpaper browse system in cPax B8).

:) cPaxtra, sounds cool, cPax with extra wallpapers. :)

Guest joshlawless

Thanks again for this great program. It's working wonderfully and developing so quickly as to make my head spin!

I have noticed one issue, however: the cpad seems to flicker twice every second (perhaps that's the refresh) - this occurs whether or not the battery icon is blinking, or whether the clock has display seconds enabled, and whether or not the wallpaper is animated (or if there even is a wallpaper displayed). I don't remember the animation under the old cPad application doing this. Has anyone else noticed it, or is it just my hardware?

Also, for beta 8, I would suggest two things:

1) increase the maximum speed of the animations. I have a nice 28 frame wallpaper of a woman walking, but the frames are so similar as to make the walk seem too slow-motion at even the maximum speed available in cPax. Under the old cPad application, the max speed was much higher. (I'm attaching the animation, with the new cPax naming convention)

2) could you implement some sort of historigram for CPU utilization? Like the one developed for the Linux OS: http://www.janerob.com/rob/ts5100/cPad/index.shtml

Thanks again! Love the program!

girlwalk.rar

Here's the image pack (assuming that Josh silently agrees that we included his pics).

cPaXtra1.exe

Thanks again for this great program. It's working wonderfully and developing so quickly as to make my head spin!
Time to slow it down a bit, eh :)
I have noticed one issue, however: the cpad seems to flicker twice every second (perhaps that's the refresh) - this occurs whether or not the battery icon is blinking, or whether the clock has display seconds enabled, and whether or not the wallpaper is animated (or if there even is a wallpaper displayed). I don't remember the animation under the old cPad application doing this. Has anyone else noticed it, or is it just my hardware?

You are right, that's the refresh. Let me explain it in detail.

First, current core application is not really optimised and worked out as I 'try&find' how to make stuff. There is a timer event that controls routines and refreshes the screen even if there are is no change. It's dispatched in every half second (that's the maximum speed of animating background and blinking battery). So if I increase the speed now, it will speed up everything and flicker a lot more. Since original cPad application only had to refresh when wallpaper needs to be animated, there was no flicker problem, but cPax has to refresh to maintain clock and battery also.

So what could be done? 'Maybe' I'll rewrite the core application in the future to refresh only when needed (like refreshing only when animation needs to be changed, ofcourse if battery icon is disabled as well as clocks seconds counter).

Also, for beta 8, I would suggest two things:  1) increase the maximum speed of the animations. I have a nice 28 frame wallpaper of a woman walking, but the frames are so similar as to make the walk seem too slow-motion at even the maximum speed available in cPax. Under the old cPad application, the max speed was much higher. (I'm attaching the animation, with the new cPax naming convention)
beta 8 is already out :) Also I explained speed issue above.
2) could you implement some sort of historigram for CPU utilization? Like the one developed for the Linux OS: http://www.janerob.com/rob/ts5100/cPad/index.shtml

It seems hard currently, maybe instead of histogram there could just be bar (like when you minimise task manager). That's ofcourse if I can retrive CPU usage info from somewhere in c++ ofcourse :P

Thanks to you for feedback!

PS: We included your Calvin animation in cPaXtra without your permission (I like it a lot!), and I hope it's ok for you.

:) :P

btw i used wmic (C=Console) in XP for batch files, but it's really slow when called from console, don't know how it behave in c++ , but probably a thousand times faster :)

(sn0wl, it's replaced now)

Thanks.

I just started working on beta 9, which will include fresh new features :)

Guest Guilherme C. Hazan

Hi,

Your application is very very good, but why was it necessary to make the upgrade of the driver? Can't you at least recompile the other softwares that comes with cpad?

best regards

guich

Ah, i forgot a very important thing: a Toshiba engineer said me that the light of the cpad (as well as the light of the lcd) have a LOW lifetime.

So, turning it on all the time is NOT a good idea.

guich

Your application is very very good, but why was it necessary to make the upgrade of the driver? Can't you at least recompile the other softwares that comes with cpad?
SDK was made for new drivers, I guess, no idea why it doesn't work with old ones. It just gives errors detecting cPad or just not works correct. Nothing I can do.

And I can't compile original cPad software since they are not open source applications. Maybe a deep experiment (playing with dll files or something) may lead us to the fix of this issue but I really doubt it.

Ah, i forgot a very important thing: a Toshiba engineer said me that the light of the cpad (as well as the light of the lcd) have a LOW lifetime.

Yeah you are right, it was discussed here before and we should also include that info in readme file. That's why I added some light-saving features to cPax like to turn it off after a while. You should really use it.

Also I don't know it's my computer or not but after using cPax for a long time without using settings application, it starts to show none of internal/external pictures (wallpapers, light button, hand icon in application launcher). This is fixed if core application is restarted. Did this ever happen to you? My Windows is currently in a bad situation and doing very silly things so it might be something to do with my system also ...

Thanks for the support! Wait for the next version!

Edit: the bug I told about above was something with beta 9, fixed that and also made core application more stable.

Edited by sn0wl

i left the installer the way it was, i though it would be a good time to edit it agian after cPax left "BETA status" , if you can say so for this app.

no time to test this releaase properly...

Guest mocha168

Hi, I'm new to this forum and just wanted to thank sn0wl for the AWESOME application. I bought my Toshiba 5200 used so it didn't come with any Toshiba drivers. I'm so happy that my cpad works great.

I do, however, have 2 questions:

1) The special buttoms I have (internet, email, mode, rewind, ff, play, stop etc..), none of those buttons work at all. I have downloaded the RemoteX program but it obviously doesn't work. 2) Pressing the [Fn] key and one of the F1 - F12 keys doesn not work at all. Is this the same problem as the above question too?

Can someone PLEASE help me with these problems?

Greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,

MOCHA

Hello everyone

can anyone send me a link to the offical Toshiba cPad driver - I have an old one but cant seem to find the newest.

Cheers

P.S.: read at the beginning that there is no uninstall? any chances that this extra cPad app might not work with my 5200?

1) The special buttoms I have (internet, email, mode, rewind, ff, play, stop etc..), none of those buttons work at all. I have downloaded the RemoteX program but it obviously doesn't work. 2) Pressing the [Fn]key and one of the F1 - F12 keys doesn not work at all. Is this the same problem as the above question too?

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=6567

Follow that special link that is meant to guide you with your laptop drivers. Just read throught carefully. Also you can download drivers at http://computers.toshiba-europe.com

P.S.: read at the beginning that there is no uninstall? any chances that this extra cPad app might not work with my 5200?

Do not worry about it, it should work work well if you have installed latest Synaptics drivers. Also you can try the application before you install it. Just unzip the downloaded file and open \cpax folder in it. Installation copies the application into your program files\toshiba folder, adds the settings application to toshiba console and adds core application to startup.

®®®, is it possible to make an uninstaller? Also anyone has any comments/reports etc for Beta 9?

hey

tried following your guidelines. I get a "failed to install" message with the boundle (v7.3.0.4 & cPad application v2.1.0.3). Install.log says: [ResponseResult]

ResultCode=-3

K, anyway tried installing both driver and cpad app seperatley. After installing the driver, the touchPad went blank (or rather shows the Toshiba Pad Logo). Then went ahead and installed the cPad driver. Still no change. Pad stays blank.

What did i do wrong?

Any old Synaptics driver must be uninstalled with Add/Remove Software ControlPanel, then reboot, then install new driver & cPad application then reboot again.

Even the Media "Buttons" you integrated in the application launcher work with MediaMonkey :)

sorry to bug u again

the cpax still doesnt seem to work - have installed everything as mentioned above (includes newest drivers for cpad and synp.)

the application is in the autostart and in the console under applications. I can edit the cPax settings but it doesnt change anything on the actual cPad.

any ideas?

What is your current driver config concerning cPad?

You only need the newest Synaptics driver without the cPad application v2.1.03. So uninstall cPad application and then install cPax.

I made sure this time:

1. I uninstalled cPad Application

2. uninstalled Synaptics Drivers

3. Deleted the cPax folder and the Autostart file

4. Installed the Synaptics Driver (v7.3.0.4)

5. Restarted

6. Installed cPax beta 9 (didnt install cPad Application as you said I dont need it)

7. Restarted

= the result is

+ I get the Toshiba logo on the cPad

+ I get the additional icon for the cPax in the Toshiba Console

+ editing and pressing 'Save and Apply' doenst :) change the cPad

This then has to be unclearly explained by me or something. No need to worry, you will get your cPad working with cPax with the following:

the solution would be to unistall the 7.3.0.4 Synaptics driver and use Synaptics driver v7.12.7 (the newest one) with cPax. That works!

Also see first post in this thread, there you'll find the download link for the 7.12.7 synaptics driver

-Notes-

-Click here to download Synaptics Driver v7.12.7.

-For animation files should be named as XXX1.bmp, XXX2.bmp, XXX3.bmp, XXX4.bmp ... Also all files must be in \animation\XXX folder.

-Please DO NOT use : for alarm text. You can use small .wav files for alarm tone, just replace supplied Ring.wav file. Tap cPad to stop alarm.

-Please do not leave application name space empty in Application Launcher settings, it will cause malfunctions in cPax.

-You can download cPaXtra1 here. It is wallpaper/animation pack for cPax. Just unzip and copy all files to cPax folder in ...\program files\toshiba\cPax.

:) Have fun with cPax :)

SUPER :) works fine now!

thx to kadir aksu for creating this prog btw!

p.s.: sorry for being such a newbie :)