LaptopVideo2Go Forums

cPax v1.000 | Synaptics cPad Enhancement tool

sn0wl

...And the versions for cPax. Physicslight is white background with black man and text and physicsdark is black backround with white man and text.

I had to cut out a bunch of the frames becasue cPax's animation is so much slower than the original program's, so under cPax the animation's a little rough.

physicslight.zip

physicsdark.zip

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sn0wl

• ®®®

• smax

• TheRealBeezle

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And I just realized why the renamer stopped at frame 72.... physics.bmp72 is missing :-/

And I just realized why the renamer stopped at frame 72.... physics.bmp72 is missing :-/
Thats what I was just going to tell :)
I had to cut out a bunch of the frames becasue cPax's animation is so much slower than the original program's, so under cPax the animation's a little rough.

Do you think I should speedup core application? Beware that this means more system resource (more CPU use, to be exact) and much more work for me to fix flickering problem (it will be much more obvious if speed is higher).

If it eats up too many resources and you don't have the time to fix the flickering problem, I don't have a problem with this version. If you feel like it, do it, but if you don't you don't have to.

Just throwing out ideas here, but would there be any way to use animated .gifs for the background? It doesn't seem like it would take as much processing time seeing that the program has to open and run one item, not continuously open a bunch of .bmp's in a row.

Here, give it a try and tell me what you think. I don't remember original application, was background flickering like that in full speed?

well, the fast version does take up quite a bit more resources, sometimes spiking to 5% cpu usage on my computer, but the flickering really doesn't seem to be a problem at all.

Hmm, I guess I will stick with the current speed. CPU usage is higher than expected, flickering exists even though you said it doesn't bother you, and I will have to do more stuff to maintain right speed for scrolling text, alarm, battery info blink etc ...

And.... I promise this will be my last post for a few hours at least...

Now the scrolling song title doesn't work at all in RC1.

EDIT: WAIT, again I wasn't thinking and tried to install RC1 without uninstalling Beta 10 first.

EDITED EDIT: Hang on a sec, there is something weird with the scrolling song title... sometimes it works and then it will just disappear alltogether.

Now the scrolling song title doesn't work at all in RC1.

Winamp control should be enabled to make it work. Sorry I just saw I used 'and' comparison instead of 'or' while optimizing. Here is the fixed exe. If it's not much trouble, could you please update the file ®®®? Thanks!

Also added manual core speed adjustment. Edit settings.cps file and add this setting;

:100033:500

where 500(default) is refresh speed in miliseconds.

I replaced cPax.exe, repacked the complete package and attached it :)

Thank you and sorry for the trouble. Hopefully I will release V1 after this release.

Also, enjoy StevoBrooks!

Anyway, it's based on a picture ( http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/13943540/ ) that my friend did. I animated the guy falling down the screen then flashed the quote on the screen.

This guy reminds of the Crash-Test-Dummy in Truck Dismount - Rekkaturvat :)

Guest StevoBrooks

Thanks sn0wl!

Forgot to mention last time when running the installer one of those boxes w/ the red X pops up and says "Windows can not find "taskkill" ..." v11 didn't install untill I manually stopped cPax and then ran the installer.

I've seached my C: and found no file with that name in it

I've fiddled around some more w/ my cPad problem. Discovered the side button on my external mouse a "back" button by default so I don't need to install the Mouse Suite software that came w/ it. One less program to load at startup :)

Having the mouse plugged or unplugged doesn't affect the symptoms. When I first boot up, cPad works great, except it doesn't respond to taps even though the "tap to click" option selected. As I continue to use cPad (usally 15 - 30 min.) the tapping function starts to work, but the pointer action starts to get a little jittery. After a few more minutes the pad unusable as the pointer action becomes so jittery that I can't stay over buttons long enough to select them. In this stage I've also noticed the scroll zone moves to the left, almost to the center of the pad. Strange huh!

When I run the pressure graph accessory it shows cPad properly sensing my taps and finger motion. When the jittery action starts the pad will often respond better if I lay my finder on if sideways to get more contact area, this only helps for a short time though and not very convienent!

Has anyone else ever heard of a problem like this? Sound like a software or hardware issue? Don't mean to pester, just this the first place I've come across where anyone has even heard of the cPad. Thanks

Windows can not find "taskkill"
Is there no taskkill.exe in XP Home? Can you confirm this by searching it in sytem32 dir (enabled 'show all files', even the hidden and protected ones)?

GET ME OUT OF CPAD!

http://www.gibconnect.com/~skye/aksu/kabe.zip

Let me push your animation to limits; 883 frames.

Must use supplied settings.cps file with cPax RC1 with core application version 0.0.1.2

Put kabe folder to \animation folder in toshiba\cPax. Restart cPax.

Enjoy.

There's a new Synaptics available now! More localizations and a few fixes for the 'scroll zone'. It's version v7.13.0.1. If anyone is interested to test it thoroughly and report if it works great generally and especially with cPax, then we'll update the old version v7.12.7.

Fixes:

Updates the default size of the dedicated vertical scroll zone on the touchpad for those platforms with a dedicated scroll zone. This update should help to ensure that the scroll zone functions correctly for the different touchpad hardware variations.

Enhancements:

Provides updated localizations for Finnish, Brazilian Portuguese, and Russian.

HERE's the download link (~5MB)

Since it's an OEM driver for HP models, i bet it needs INF modding to get rid of the castration of supported DEV_ID/SUBSYS_ID. Is there anyone who can get rid of the limitations? And since alot of notebooks come with a Synaptics touchpad plus old drivers for it, this would really be helpful!

This does the trick but I didn't notice improvement except Opera stopped scrolling :)

Maybe because of inf hack ...

Anyone tried GET ME OUT OF CPAD yet?

Guest StevoBrooks

Hey Rene,

Yes, I did search all files and folders and checked the boxes for system folders, subfolders and hidden files and folders. I checked the system 32 directory and only found two files starting w/ task, the familar TASKMGR.EXE and another called TASKMAN.EXE

XP Home on my machine from the day it left the store and I've haven't had any virus or spyware infections of note. Very carefull about e-mail attachments, use a firewall, etc. I ran a system file check, it wanted to update 23 files in my dll cache and update 2 sytem files w/ incorrect version numbers. As w/ many folks, I only received a restore CD in the box :) , so not much I can do about this. sfc doesn't seem to create any kind of log so I'm not sure which files it didn't like. I did look in the dll cache (all 759 MB of it, wow!) and didn't find TASKKILL.EXE in there either, so as near as I can tell, my OS didn't come w/ this file originally.

Not quite on topic, but thanks for all the help you give various folks. Amazing to see how you get around on the forum. One of your tips led me to a solution for the "canceled by pressing a key" problem in dxdiag and more recently updating to 71.84 seems to have fixed a problem when playing DVD's. Will know for sure after I watch a couple more. Can only guess how much time you devote to all this, along w/ Pieter, Larry and crew. I, for one, am very grateful.

If there's no taskkill in XP home (it is in XP Pro, once a gain a reason to have Pro installed :) ) , i have to edit the cpaxinstaller.bat for the Final release...You did it correct by manually end the task with the TaskManager :)

"canceled by pressing a key"
see, there is soo much going on here in the last months, i forgot more and more :( Tell me, who was responsible for that message?

Thanks for the praise :P

No taskkill here either, I just killed cpax myself to reinstall though.

Oh, and I am on XP Home

P.S. that GET ME OUT OF CPAD was pretty ###### cool.

XP Home on my machine from the day it left the store and I've haven't had any virus or spyware infections of note.
So high probablity of software problem. Did you try safe-mode I told you earlier?
One of your tips led me to a solution for the "canceled by pressing a key" problem in dxdiag

Just being curious, what's this problem?

I think I'll return back to 7.12.7, I need Opera you know :]

What i remember is tha when you ran the Direct3D or DirectDraw tests from DXDIAG(.exe) the tests could not be finished, because a message appears:

Tests canceled, becuase you pressed a key" or something like this. Which obviously was never the case.

Something was responsible for it, maybe there even was a corelation to the "Games-minimize-to-Taskbar" problem (which was caused by 00THotKey.exe in some cases).

No taskkill here either, I just killed cpax myself to reinstall though.

Oh, and I am on XP Home

What does it say when you run a 'ver' command in the 'Command Console/Window"? I need the complete output of this to distinguish between Home and Pro in the batch.

Hmmm ver sure told me a lot.

C:\>ver

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]C:\>

Guest StevoBrooks

What a memory Rene!

Exactly right, when I (and many others) would run the dxdiag tests, the 3D one wouldn't run more than a couple seconds before a message came up saying "Test canceled because you pressed a key". Killing the 00THotKey process solves the problem. I also had problems with the Performance Test software bundled w/ SystemWorks, wouldn't run the complex 3D test. Killing 00HotKey fixed this to.

To install Beta 11 I stopped cPax via the cPaxSet screen and then ran the installer again. Didn't think to try killing the process in the task manager.

I get the same as smax when I run the ver command

sn0wl, I did try Safe mode briefly, cPad seemed OK. Will try again to give a longer test, since the problem has a time element to it, and report back

It's funny how the problem not always consistant. Today cPad working fine the whole day, minus tapping. But not having tapping takes away all of the advantages of the cPad for me, can't use the tap zones for page up/down and back, or the program laucher, not to mentition it makes it a pain to drag things around. So much handier just to make a light tap to select things, never cared for having to click the left button seperately. I end up reaching for the mouse and using it instead.

On the cPax front an idea hit me today. I run my taskbar down the left side w/ all my main programs represented by icons grouped by type in toolbars, can lauch them w/ one click, yet the icons big enough I can still see them on a 1600x1200 screen. Keeps the desktop clear and uncluttered. The clock along with the day and date take up 2 lines worth of space at the bottom. The clock covered in cPax now, but not the date. Any thoughts of adding that to?