LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Getting lag in during gameplay

aye29

This problem might have been posted before but I can remember. Anyway, every time I join a game in Wolfenstien Enemy Territory and start playing, the game becomes very choppy. The screen will freeze for a split second every second or so making the game almost unplayable. This has happened with every driver I can remember with the exception of 56.64 witch was the only one that did not cause the lag. When I updated to 56.72, the lag came back. When I reinstalled 56.64 the lag remained and I can't seem to be able to get rid of it no matter what I do. I know its not caused by high ping since my ping I almost always below 50. So far Enemy Territory is the only game that has this problem for me. Does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks

Guest w00ters

Make sure you are running wolf ET in 32bpp color depth b/c 16bpp is not officially supported.

on my slow, geforce2 go, 32bpp actually runs faster than 16bpp in wolf ET.

All of my settings are on 32bit color and I still get the lag. 56.64 was the only driver that didn't lag. All of the other versions that I've tried (53.05, 54.01, 56.72, 56.72x, 60.72) all cause lag even though I don't change any of the graphics settings in the game.

Note: Now when I reinstall 56.64 with inf 20.32 the lag remains. Previously I think I was using inf 20.2x (forget which one exactly). Could have something to do with the inf maybe <_< ?